Somali Innovations: Young Somali Boy Without Formal Education, Builds A Drone From Scratch

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I urge HSM qorshahaga waan kula racsan ahay 100%, pls lets find the best 'performing school' as a baseline and the worst performing school, let's talk with 'data' and then tap into our historical learning style, the 'dugsi' must also be present since they 'master' quran the best in the world, we need to tap into that style also on education. But most importantly the education must reflect our culture at primary/secondary, if we master this stage, they will create universities also following same principles.

Timbuktu Mali was the islamic caliphate libraries for ancient spain for science and math, ancient kush/egypt/ethiopia were great learning environments, we need to 'tap' into these proven systems and methods in our 'holistic' solution, remember the solution isn't 1 answer, but a holistic with many 'reference points'

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I remember seeing somali kids learning the arabic alphabet thru it's own local tradition 'alif wax ma leh, ba hostaale' i only wish they could localize all knowledge to their cultural learning style, as this will have a far more positive result with greater amounts of Somalis leading the world knowledge field. We need to teach them 'algebra' with similar method so they can use algebra to immediately translate higher level sciences, u will see Somalis winning all the nobels like we do the arab quran competition. They cud do with chemistry also since it follows a 'table' similar to arabic alphabet. But u need the teachers to present it to them 'culturally aligned' and 'engaging', once they don't understand or there for competition, nothing positive will emerge acoss all the schools.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It's absolutely paramout we create our education localising it to cultural learning styles and constantly reviewing the best performing schools so this is passed onto other schools. Competition is about passing on winner solutions and techniques so every school can benefit, without this, we could all fail in the long term. But copying n pasting mid-east or the west school structure will result in how african americans are alienating in education as their community refuse to work out what works for them. We have many reference points we can use.

I will say in conclusion the 'path' to knowledge isn't one route(ancient greece lol) that works for the west and good for them, doesn't mean it will work for us, but the results of knowledge is 'apparent' to the world, so we shud only be result focused systems, not the paths to reach it.

Trending

Latest posts