Somali Ignorance On Federalism and Constitution

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Somalis shock me on here who lack a basic understanding of their own state structure and constitution. Anything Petty president create or sign isn't 'federal law' untill all regional and federal parliament recognize it. Somali leaders are only playing games on the ignorant populace presenting presidential agreements or NCC as having any 'legal' authority.

it's sad but Somalis seem to understand other country federalism(which has no jurisdiction over Somalia) and not their own becuz their always looking 'outwards' not 'inwards'.

Puntland/Somaliland have a special status and their nothing their presidents create or sign with the Federal govt is legal untill such time their regional parliament ratify and recognize it.

The SFG and parliament/courts/agreement or any law they pass has no federal legality since it wasn't ratified by any regional parliament which is the constitutional process for all federal laws. Those laws only have a temporay status and will be replaced untill all regional parliaments recognize it.

This is the Somali system according to constitutional reality. We don't have 1 parliament but multiple parliaments and all must agree for anything to have federal legality or else it will only have regional legality or 'temporary' legality such as Mogadishu before it's replaced.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Thank god presidents who are corruptable to personal interest or low intelligence cannot sell out their regional future or interest as anything they do must go thru their regional parliaments. So if HSM/DENI sign a deal, it's irrelevant if it doesn't go thru PL Parliament. So any deal cut by presidents if u don't see them passing it to their regional/federal parliament has no 'federal or regional' legality and it's just a 'game' so they can eat 'money' behind the curtains.

Anything in Mogadishu whether courts-parliament or govt any law they sign as 'federal' which hasn't been ratified in PL or any regional govt only has 'local or temporay' scope and will be scrapped.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The SFG must uphold the federal constitution or it will lose it's status and be given banadir-land status or god forbid a transitional or no 'govt' status. PL/SL status is settled in the constitution, if they reject that or anything in the constitution, PL/SL can reject their federal status as a government ama waa 'dawlad iskeeda uu taagan' oo aan sharci ku taagnayn. It will be treated like those govts who 'self declare itself'

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
How can u pass a 'law' in a federal country and only 1 parliament passes it in hamar? it's not even logical, u must harmonize the law through all regional parliaments and federal parliaments for it to be given 'federal legality' in a federal country. Those laws passed in mogadishu has no federal scope becuz it's not following the constitutional process.

I don't think any SFG Law even has a mogadishu 'scope' but mogadishu status is not settled, so it may or may not. SFG is like a 'tuug' in the night not following sharciga ay iyadu ku dhisan tahay oo lagu aqoonsan yahay, do they want to lose their recognition these dummies in hamar.

Ergo why Article 121, sub-article (1) is critical:
(1) Principally, the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Somalia and those of the Federal Member States shall be harmonised.

And why 'In consultation with' is repeatedly raised, brought up at its different levels to do away with usurption of powers by any leader, or entity.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Ergo why Article 121, sub-article (1) is critical:
(1) Principally, the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Somalia and those of the Federal Member States shall be harmonised.

And why 'In consultation with' is repeatedly raised, brought up at its different levels to do away with usurption of powers by any leader, or entity.

The hamar idiots think me and u as president can sell out our ppl and do shady deals, why is it shady in the first place? their regional/federal parliament hasnt recognized it, so I laugh when presidents sign deals or create consortiums, I know it's just 'igu sawir' and next govt will cancel it on constitutionality lol and the cycle continues and games played on the populace.

I laugh even further when SFG passes laws as if they are only parliament not following passing it to regional parliament so it's 'national' when they dont pass it over to regional parliaments, it has no federal legality, waa sharciyo iyaga iskooda uu samaysteen.

We havent even harmonized constitutions so the SFG/Parliament/Court or anything Federal has no 'federal legality' in any scope to Puntland we are literally 'two different nations' in legal terms. Even when we do harmonize, they have to follow that process where everything has to be recognized by regional parliaments not presidents. Thank god it's in SFG constitution PL is independent untill constitution is harmonized. They cant backtrack on it without losing their federal govt status.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It's sad the SFG is going to every extent outside the constitution and just time-wasting themselves and the Somali ppl. All the I.C keep shutting their doors at them telling them follow the constitution and go to Garowe.

They are so childish wasting Somali ppl time on igu sawir and photo ops and doing everything without following the constitution and the time-waste is the saddest thing cuz when a new govt they will just scrap everything they did on constitutionalty and cycle continues.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Which is how we ended up in the tragic state we are in, as a nation, in the first place, yet here we are with some youngins in a hurry, with a 'me and my family' mentality, discussing national affairs, as a family business, and as if nothing happened in the past 50 years.

The problem is the SFG passing laws in sfg parliament and thinking it applies to the nation when it has to go thru regional parliaments, but we r not even at that stage yet becuz PL/SL and pre-existing states are totally independent as long as constitution isnt settled. @bidenkulaha isn't coming to garowe and going everywhere else in the world and the international community saying follow the constitution your recognized under or else u may lose your status.

He wishes to take out pre-existing states prior to sfg being independent from the constitution, once he does that he has lost his own status as a federal govt. His in a check mate and hates it iyo sidu ka baxo ma yaqano without effecting his federal status and wants to timewaste with igu sawirs. Even if biden uses SFG parliament to do anything, the constitution isnt official so its just always illegal and he stuck in that loop. If he tries to make it official in SFG and langaab state, it wont effect PL as he always has to settle it with PL at all times and even SL or pre-existing states.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts