Somali guy says that he wouldn't vote for a Female President of Somalia: "Nuh Wummin Gonna Rule Me"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.leorio

death\emitter
((((By Abu Amina Elias

Question:

Can women hold public positions of authority in Islam?

Answer:

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

It is permissible for a woman to be an authority and leader in a position for which she is qualified, although some positions are specific only to men such as the position of prayer leader and supreme commander of the armed forces.

Some classical scholars prohibited women from taking positions of authority and leadership based upon the statement of the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him:

لَنْ يُفْلِحَ قَوْمٌ وَلَّوْا أَمْرَهُمْ امْرَأَةً

A people will not succeed who are commanded by a woman.

Source: Sahih Bukhari 4163, Grade: Sahih

These scholars understood this statement to be general in meaning and therefore they did not allow women to take any public position of authority. However, other scholars understood this statement to be specific to commanding the armed forces and therefore allowed women to hold the position of judge.))))

So no, a women can never be president of Somalia.

((((By Abu Amina Elias

Question:

Can women hold public positions of authority in Islam?

Answer:

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

It is permissible for a woman to be an authority and leader in a position for which she is qualified, although some positions are specific only to men such as the position of prayer leader and supreme commander of the armed forces.

Some classical scholars prohibited women from taking positions of authority and leadership based upon the statement of the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him:

لَنْ يُفْلِحَ قَوْمٌ وَلَّوْا أَمْرَهُمْ امْرَأَةً

A people will not succeed who are commanded by a woman.

Source: Sahih Bukhari 4163, Grade: Sahih

These scholars understood this statement to be general in meaning and therefore they did not allow women to take any public position of authority. However, other scholars understood this statement to be specific to commanding the armed forces and therefore allowed women to hold the position of judge.))))

So no, a women can never be president of Somalia.

That's a good reason, but you see the guy never said that. He just said "nuh wummin gunna rule me" like a caveman.

He sounded like Fred Flintstone.

dr.leorio

death\emitter
That's a good reason, but you see the guy never said that. He just said "nuh wummin gunna rule me" like a caveman.

He sounded like Fred Flintstone.

Yeah I agree, he went about it all wrong. He should have taken the logical approach with his answer instead of fuming with emotion. If you fight fire with fire nobody wins but if he said his point correctly it would have shut up everyone in that room.

The day a woman leads an african nation will be be a glorious one. What the hell have men done on earth since day 1, other than death and destruction?

After the Rwandan war most of the men were dead, which led the women to help restore the nation. There was an npr podcast about the entire situation they used the first all female Rwandan debate team as a back drop, it was very interesting here's a link.

I agree 100%, just cause she rules the kitchen doesn't give her the right to rule me (hence I voted for trump), my father's best advice to me was, "don't ever leave ur deen, and when u get married never allow ur wife to rule over u, she can give u all the advice in the world but at the end of the day it's ur word that stands firm". Then my mom called him and asked him to go grab some liin danoon iyo bisbaas from walmart, he didn't have to but he had to do it, cause the rice and chicken she made that day was nice and the liin danoon iyo bisbaas made it 10x better:ohhhdamn:

Status
Not open for further replies.