Somali Guy on Twitter Told by Tyrone to 'Stop Appropriating BLACK Culture'

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if you're a Somali of a lighter skin complexion that means you're mixed? Those girls all have 2 sets of Somali parents. Again, Somalis come in all shapes, colors and sizes. To say ALL Somalis are brown complected would be a bold face lie. Just go out to any Somali gathering and you'll see for yourself.
I'm not saying ALL light skinned Somalis are mixed. What i'm trying to say is that most fully blooded Somalis are medium brown to dark brown.

You need to take a deep breath. The fact that I have no idea who you are and yet you’re diagnosing me with a mental illness you can’t even list the name of is hilarious.

To answer your stupid post.

1. I’ve seen Somalis claim to be Arabic on this forum.
2. Our ethnicity is Somali, our race is black (because of our skin colour and geographical location).

I’ve studied categorisation and biology and I don’t appreciate over emotional savages like you attacking me.
Since when do the opinions of trolls on internet forums account for the genetic actuality.
This dumb way of generalizing peoples views on the opinion, no sane person would ever make that claim. Now there are people who actually think we agree on this notion because of people like you who create misinformation.

racial groups are based on combinations of shared physical traits, ancestry, genetics, and social or cultural traits
If you could argue that we are the same to black people according to these groupings then I might reconsider.

If skin colour and geographical location are the only two factors you need to claim to be black then you should also allow a dark skin Indian/Bengali person living in Kenya to identify as black.
:kanyeshrug:

The term black was created by white colonizers to describe the descendants of West African slaves across the globe. Do not group us together with these people.

No Bro i can't Fucking read. Nacas foqol nacas
Waar f*ck u bro
18017-ed87ae75ffeee1e08a5712556c3737b6.jpg

You need to take a deep breath. The fact that I have no idea who you are and yet you’re diagnosing me with a mental illness you can’t even list the name of is hilarious.

To answer your stupid post.

1. I’ve seen Somalis claim to be Arabic on this forum.
2. Our ethnicity is Somali, our race is black (because of our skin colour and geographical location).

I’ve studied categorisation and biology and I don’t appreciate over emotional savages like you attacking me.
Black and White race isn't real in the biological sense, its a western social construct and easy to understand given the history. Ethnicity is real and we are Somali.

It's also true most Somali's will be viewed as black by others because of skin colour. I personally don't have a problem with it but its not worth arguing about on here constantly. You cant force people to identify with the term. If asked what you are you should stick to ethnicity bc your skin tone is obvious.

I've never met a Somali irl that claims to be arab (even the Benadiris I know).
Not every Somali person looks the same or has the same skin complexion so how can you say faithfully state that, 'our race is black because of our skin color'? Some Somalis have more admixtures than others which shows in their facial features, hair etc. And, others (like many Somalis that I know) have a Yemeni, Italian or Other parent.
It has nothing to do with admixture. With Somalis you often see siblings from the same mother and father, one having very dark and the other with a very light skin tone.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
I have a mixture of jarred hair and the soft Somali hair. I was considering using a durag to get waves but I thought it wouldn't work with my hair. Any one here with hair similar to me try to get waves?

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
That's because you are Black, bruv or Bantu. :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:
Naw my dad Somali and my mom Somali. They ain't Bantu. My hair always curly. I don't got Bantu hair. African American females throughout the years would touch my hair asking me how come I don't have "nigga hair" . I have seen plenty of Somalis with hair similar to mine

Barbers literally have told me I don't have Nigga hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts