Somali Govt Has Begun Registering Somali Soldiers. They Will Be Trained By Egypt and UAE

Qofwalan

house of samatalis
what military experience does uae have lol uae has reputation deploying sudanese soldiers to yemen our men might follow suit I don’t trust uae

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
what military experience does uae have lol uae has reputation deploying sudanese soldiers to yemen our men might follow suit I don’t trust uae

The gulf states are getting beaten by guys in macawiis and sandals while also chewing khat. UAE will 100% use the
”trained” troops as political leverage against FGS. Stupid move.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
The gulf states are getting beaten by guys in macawiis and sandals while also chewing khat. UAE will 100% use the
”trained” troops as political leverage against FGS. Stupid move.
UAE is our ally. It will only be used against potential NN orphans in future but given Farmaajo is never coming back that isn’t a problem. We’re unlikely to see another Qatari allied Somali president.

HSM and Mahad Salad are currently on a secret trip in UAE. They need a $40 million budget for these troops to be fully equipped and not needed to be funded from government budget.

UAE is our friend and ally. They helped us against Qatar sponsored Farmajoo and Al-shabab. UAE is our real brothers and they have proven this by helping us against Al-shabab and Qatar.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
UAE is our ally. It will only be used against potential NN orphans in future but given Farmaajo is never coming back that isn’t a problem. We’re unlikely to see another Qatari allied Somali president.

HSM and Mahad Salad are currently on a secret trip in UAE. They need a $40 million budget for these troops to be fully equipped and not needed to be funded from government budget.

UAE is our friend and ally. They helped us against Qatar sponsored Farmajoo and Al-shabab. UAE is our real brothers and they have proven this by helping us against Al-shabab and Qatar.

UAE is the same as Qatar, both countries want to further their interest in Somalia by any means necessary. Open your eyes walaaliyaal, these gulf states are not to be trusted.

Nabad iyo Nolol is dead, its an online movement at this point so lets move on. UAE will not do shit for Somalia except cause more problems.

Egypt is good because we share a common interest in balkanising Ethiopia.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
UAE is the same as Qatar, both countries want to further their interest in Somalia by any means necessary. Open your eyes walaaliyaal, these gulf states are not to be trusted.

Nabad iyo Nolol is dead, its an online movement at this point so lets move on. UAE will not do shit for Somalia except cause more problems.

you have to understand the realities of Somalia. UPD needs a direct source of income to keep the opposition politics quite and bribe the clan elders of the country. Otherwise many politicians in Xamar will be mucaarading his government and you’ll see no progress in Shabaab fight as we won’t get in arms.

UAE offers that as they pay for funds without it going through officially and disregard arms embargoes. The FGS also doesn’t have to split the money with the FMS’s etc. Very few countries offer this, Turkey uses official grants. Others like Egypt aren’t willing to spend this sort of money.

What’s the worse UAE can do? We can sell them ports and ally with them on political issues they need. Most of Somali business and trade is with UAE anyway. Qatar is a shabab supporter whereas UAE is very much against political Islam which is very beneficial for us

UAE is happy to work with us whilst Qatar rejected us and choose to work with Fahad, Al-shabab and Farmajoo. I say let us give UAE the red carpet, maybe UAE friend Saudi Arabia can also help us too.

I don't mean to hate on arabs but they are bad at warfare, very bad. Even with all that modern tech and training they can't beat Houthis and Israel itself would mop the floor with Egypt and it's other neighbors. I wonder if Somalia could sign a deal with a country like Finland or Germany to train the entirety of the SNA+Police Forces + Regional Forces of each state in the FGS. I believe you will get better trained and integrated soldiers. Hopefully once the arms embargo is lifted something like that can be done.

UAE with western support can also help drill for Somalia's offshore oil. UAE can make money and we too can make money

UAE with western support can also help drill for Somalia's offshore oil. UAE can make money and we too can make money
I think less reliance on the UAE and other countries is good overall, wouldn't you say it's better to hire independent contracts to do that? Once Oil is verifiable and obtainable then you can sign a contract with a Western company/corp and work out a deal for 80/20. This would cut out the need for the UAE and other countries.

Trending