Somali Girls aint Feeling us, Here's Why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just contradicted yourself. Are you able to post the evidence.
Yes, sorry i did. here is the evidence. worded it incorrectly. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/5042640/Women-more-attracted-to-men-in-expensive-cars.html.
"Dr Michael Dunn, of the University of Wales Institute in Cardiff, said it shows women rate a man higher if he is behind the wheels of a "fancy motor rather than in an old banger".
"The researchers say the men tested in the same way are not impressed by whatever car a woman drives because they judge purely on her face and figure."

"Dr Dunn said his findings confirmed that women judge a man by his wealth and status whereas men are primarily concerned with what a woman looks like."

http://www.pnas.org/content/104/38/15011.full. in general women were able to ascertain their level of attractiveness, and determine how high up they could go up the social status ladder.

there are contingencies in other studies though, because it becomes more increasingly difficult to differentiate mate sexual selectivity and psychological selectivity, interesting stuff laakin.

Codeine

I got me some braids and I got me some hoes
Yes, sorry i did. here is the evidence. worded it incorrectly. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/5042640/Women-more-attracted-to-men-in-expensive-cars.html.
"Dr Michael Dunn, of the University of Wales Institute in Cardiff, said it shows women rate a man higher if he is behind the wheels of a "fancy motor rather than in an old banger".
"The researchers say the men tested in the same way are not impressed by whatever car a woman drives because they judge purely on her face and figure."

"Dr Dunn said his findings confirmed that women judge a man by his wealth and status whereas men are primarily concerned with what a woman looks like."

http://www.pnas.org/content/104/38/15011.full. in general women were able to ascertain their level of attractiveness, and determine how high up they could go up the social status ladder.

there are contingencies in other studies though, because it becomes more increasingly difficult to differentiate mate sexual selectivity and psychological selectivity, interesting stuff laakin.

:mjlol: How is this even debatable? I should apply for research funding and determine whether brothers really do like big butts :ohhh:

VixR

Veritas
"The researchers say the men testified in the same way are not impressed by whatever car a woman drives because they judge purely on her face and figure."

Sigh.

Let's see how holds up to hard data.

Women, Men, and The Economics of Marriage:
750-1.gif

The institution of marriage has undergone significant changes in recent decades as women have outpaced men in education and earnings growth. These unequal gains have been accompanied by gender role reversals in both the spousal characteristics and the economic benefits of marriage.

A larger share of men in 2007, compared with their 1970 counterparts, are married to women whose education and income exceed their own, according to a Pew Research Center analysis of demographic and economic trend data. A larger share of women are married to men with less education and income.

From an economic perspective, these trends have contributed to a gender role reversal in the gains from marriage. In the past, when relatively few wives worked, marriage enhanced the economic status of women more than that of men. In recent decades, however, the economic gains associated with marriage have been greater for men than for women.

In 2007, median household incomes of three groups — married men, married women and unmarried women — were about 60% higher than those of their counterparts in 1970. But for a fourth group, unmarried men, the rise in real median household income was smaller — just 16%. (These household income figures are adjusted for household size and for inflation. For more details, see the methodology in Appendix B in the full report.)

Part of the reason for the superior gains of married adults is compositional in nature. Marriage rates have declined for all adults since 1970 and gone down most sharply for the least educated men and women. As a result, those with more education are far more likely than those with less education to be married, a gap that has widened since 1970. Because higher education tends to lead to higher earnings, these compositional changes have bolstered the economic gains from being married for both men and women.

There also is an important gender component of these trends. Forty years ago, the typical man did not gain another breadwinner in his household when he married. Today, he does — giving his household increased earning power that most unmarried men do not enjoy. The superior gains of married men have enabled them to overtake and surpass unmarried men in their median household income.

This report examines how changes at the nexus of marriage, income and education have played out among U.S.-born men and women who are ages 30-44 — a stage of life when typical adults have completed their education, gone to work and gotten married.1 Americans in this age group are the first such cohort in U.S. history to include more women than men with college degrees.

In 1970, 28% of wives in this age range had husbands who were better educated than they were, outnumbering the 20% whose husbands had less education. By 2007, these patterns had reversed: 19% of wives had husbands with more education, versus 28% whose husbands had less education. In the remaining couples — about half in 1970 and 2007 — spouses have similar education levels.

Along the same lines, only 4% of husbands had wives who brought home more income than they did in 1970, a share that rose to 22% in 2007.2

This reshuffling of marriage patterns from 1970 to 2007 has occurred during a period when women’s gains relative to men’s have altered the demographic characteristics of potential mates. Among U.S.-born 30- to 44-year-olds, women now are the majority both of college graduates and those who have some college education but not a degree. Women’s earnings grew 44% from 1970 to 2007, compared with 6% growth for men. That sharper growth has enabled women to narrow, but not close, the earnings gap with men. Median earnings of full-year female workers in 2007 were 71% of earnings of comparable men, compared with 52% in 1970.

The national economic downturn is reinforcing these gender reversal trends, because it has hurt employment of men more than that of women. Males accounted for about 75% of the 2008 decline in employment among prime-working-age individuals (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2009). Women are moving toward a new milestone in which they constitute half of all the employed. Their share increased from 46.5% in December 2007 to 47.4% in December 2009.

Overall, married adults have made greater economic gains over the past four decades than unmarried adults. From 1970 to 2007, their median adjusted household incomes, the sum of financial contributions of all members of the household, rose more than those of the unmarried.

Educational attainment plays an important role in income, so a central focus of this report is to analyze economic data by level of schooling. Through this lens, too, married people have outdone the unmarried. The higher their education level, the more that adults’ household incomes have risen over the past four decades; within each level, married adults have seen larger gains than unmarried adults. Among married adults at each education level, men had larger household income increases than did women. Those who gained most of all were married male college graduates, whose household incomes rose 56%, compared with 44% for married female college graduates.3

For unmarried adults at each level of education, however, men’s household incomes fared worse than those of women. Unmarried women in 2007 had higher household incomes than their 1970 counterparts at each level of education. But unmarried men without any post-secondary education lost ground because their real earnings decreased and they did not have a wife’s wages to buffer that decline. Unmarried men who did not complete high school or who had only a high school diploma had lower household incomes in 2007 than their 1970 counterparts did. Unmarried men with some college education had stagnant household incomes.

Unmarried men with college degrees made gains (15%), but the gains were not as great as those for unmarried women with college degrees (28%). In fact, household incomes of unmarried men with college degrees grew at half the rate of household incomes of married men with only a high school diploma — 33% versus 15%.

There is an important exception to the rule that married adults have fared better than unmarried adults from 1970 to 2007. Married women without a high school diploma did not make the same gains as more educated women: Their household incomes slipped 2% from 1970 to 2007, while those of their unmarried counterparts grew 9%. The stagnant incomes of married women without high school diplomas reflect the poor job prospects of less educated men in their pool of marriage partners. These less educated married women now are far less likely than in the past to have a spouse who works — 77% did in 2007, compared with 92% in 1970.

4Much of this increase is attributed to married women and to women with higher levels of education (Juhn and Potter, 2006). Furthermore, a sharp rise in workplace activity was reported among women married to higher-income men (Mulligan and Rubinstein, 2008). Among U.S.-born adults ages 30-44, most married men did not have a working spouse in 1970; now, most do. Married women, on the other hand, are somewhat less likely than their 1970 counterparts to have a husband who works.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2010/01/19/women-men-and-the-new-economics-of-marriage/

U misunderstood. I'm saying Somali girls having too much freedom when it comes to the marriage process is a problem. I think fathers need to play bigger role in vetting potential suitors in order to make sure the daughter marries someone who is husband material. This laidback and careless approach of some fathers is inexcusable.

And there lies the crux of the issue. I know someone who went against her father and married some black ajnabi and now she is a single mother. I don't know whether to feel sorry for the family or sneer at her situation. Seriously how can someone be so stupid

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
The gender wars are a reoccurring theme on this forum. I made my views known before, but I'd like to elaborate them a bit more. It's no secret that a lot of Somali girls in the West have a low opinion of Somali men, with some even preferring to be with an ajanabi. Understandably this bothers us Somali men on a visceral level since men are naturally averse to the idea of their women pairing up with a foreign man. But the questions still remain, why do so many Somali girls hold us in low esteem and why are some of them so enamored with the idea of getting with an ajanabi? Here is why I think this is the case.

Women and In-group loyalty

Before I get into the reasons, I think it's important to understand that the concept of loyalty to the in-group is a foreign concept to women. This is why it's usually only the men of any ethnic group who condemn ajanabi marriages and women always seem perplexed and disturbed by what they see as our irrational 'jealousy', 'insecurity' and 'entitlement'. Women, fundamentally, are only loyal to two things, the well-being of themselves and their offspring. If they view these objectives to be better-served by an ajanabi man then so be it. They may give lip-service to the transcendental and masculine ideal of loyalty to ones people and homeland in the right conditions, but that all flies out the window if they can get a better deal elsewhere. We can't blame women for this, it's how they were designed by God.

Reason #1 Social Status imbalance

In the West women, for various reasons which I won't go into here, are now generally more educated than men and also outpacing them in white-collar employment. This phenomenon is even more pronounced in the Somali community. Since women are hypergamous and ideally only marry up (sometimes across, but never down) the social status hierarchy, Somali girls have a small pool of eligible Somali bachelors who they would even consider. Through their credentials, which many Somali guys can't match, they have essentially priced themselves out of the marriage market. This is one reason Somali girls are not feeling us but it's not the only reason. If being highly educated and having lucrative careers were enough to win the adoration of your women Asian men would have the most loyal women in the world, but instead their women are literally cucking them into oblivion with cadaan guys. So status in the form of education and career is a necessary but not a sufficient condition to win the respect and loyalty of ones women.

Reason #2 Looks

Prior to entering the workforce in droves in the 1960's most women in the West looked for and married men who would be successful bread winners for their families. Looks were a plus but not a major requirement. But now that women work and make their own money they are much more selective in the looks category. This helps to explain why Asian men are doing so poorly with their own women and all women in general. They have no facial aesthetics to speak of and are generally short. The average Indian man does poorly with women as well as a result of sub-par looks. Somali men luckily range in facial attractiveness from average to good looking to handsome. I grew up with over 30 Somali guys and wallahi maybe only two or three were genuinely ugly. What kills the physical appeal of Somali guys is our bodies. Too many of us are either super skinny or just fat and soft all over. In the West we're in competition with men from all over the world. Who do you think the Somali girl in your uni class is gonna be attracted to, you the Somali guy with a decent face but is at risk of being carried off by the wind, or the white or madow guy with the decent face and solid masculine body? Luckily it's fixable and just requires some dedication in the gym.

Reason #3 Image

Another reason Somali girls ain't feeling us is because of our image problem in the West. In Canada where I'm from when you think of young Somali males you think of rappers, trappers (drug dealers) and killers. Our name has become synonymous with criminality and brazen violence. Some ratchet and ghetto Somali girls like these type of guys, but respectable and more classy Somali girls rightfully view them as losers and scum. These girls, many of whom have already been let down and disappointed by their fathers, end up swearing off or at the very least looking down on Somali guys because of these gangsters. But blacks in Canada and the US are just as criminal, if not more, yet it seems like many Somali girls and women of other races are more willing to view them as an individual and refrain from stigmatizing them. This is no coincidence, and it leads me to my last reason.

Reason #4 Media

Though black men do suffer from some social stigma they don't have it as bad as Somalis as a result of their heavy presence in the media. Blacks have hundreds, if not thousands, of well known singers, talk show hosts, musicians, actors and superstar athletes. Nowadays when most women of any race including Western Somalis girls see a decent looking and fairly well-dressed madow guy they are more likely to overlook the stigma because it's overpowered by the positive image madows have garnered through their media presence. When they see the type of black guy I just described they're subconsciously connecting them with a certain archetype and names like Edris Elba or Trey Songs come to mind. When they see a decent looking and well dressed Somali guy no positive connections or archetypes come to mind. Instead the stigma, which madows can evade, rears its ugly head and the woman is probably thinking of pirates or al-shabaab or some shit like that lol. This also explains why some Somali girls would demand more from a Somali guy than a black guy when it comes to meher and the wedding, even though the black community is even more degenerate and dysfunctional than the Somali one; it's because they subconsciously hold us in lower esteem than madows since we Somali don't have our own versions of Chris Brown, Will Smith and Barack Obama. Women are very malleable and susceptible to the influence of media messages. It's no wonder that so many Somali girls, some of them on this forum, are pining for Korean men ever since K-pop and Korean movies took off. White men are the biggest beneficiaries of the media, because we all know the average cadaan guy looks nothing like Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp, yet those are the images that come to mind for women when they think 'white men'.

The days when patriarchy could enforce the loyalty of women are long gone. Welcome to the brave new world of liberated women, where all that matters is status, looks, and image/appeal.

Please adeer fix that bc it's kind of confusing for me, I'm abt to post it somewhere but I'm going over it

Last edited:

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Because this forum is a bubble. A bubble filled with trolls, mentally ill people and white washed Somalis.

You have beta men who constantly women negatively about Somali women, then you get Somali women who respond to fire with fire. It doesn't help that people like @Knowthyself can't discern between online and real life and start conflicting those two things, because like many others she doesn't know many Somalis in real life and that's why she's on this forum in the first place.

You also have trolls. They're easy to spot. They will create or overblow something to create a "gender war"

Then you have the mentally ill people. @EternalLightX @Steamdevolopment (who's gone thankfully)etc etc

This forum does not equal real life. With regards to everything from this topic to qabyalaad.
Baboon I'm not gone, I'm a flee I always come back, no poison can get rid of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending