Somali Girl on ancestry with her boyfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
I'm not talking about Somalis being the first humans, that's just silly claim to make.

I purely speaking from a evolutionary perspective. How we come to be, how we evolved , how we formed into the Somali ethnic group.
Which points to how our origins is in Somalia nowhere else. When you look at history,genetics,linguistics and archeology.

Cushites migrated from Upper Egypt / Northeast Sudan into to the Horn around 6000 BC (shown by E-V12 and T1a). And to some degree mixed with the indigenous inhabitants of the Horn (certain L3 lineages that aren't found outside East Africa like L3i, L3a, L3x etc).

Somalis aren't 100% paleolithic Horn African. Nobody truly is.

I'm not talking about Somalis being the first humans, that's just silly claim to make.

I purely speaking from a evolutionary perspective. How we come to be, how we evolved , how we formed into the Somali ethnic group.
Which points to how our origins is in Somalia nowhere else. When you look at history,genetics,linguistics and archeology.

Well when you said "there is no evidence that we migrate to Somalia from somewhere else" threw me off. Because we didn't fall from the sky. Someone walked to Somalia and make a home for their selves. If we are discussing going back that far.

The video I made wasn't about DNA from back that far. It was about that last several generations. I know we all have our long family name, but who here can go back 100 names.

Cushites migrated from Upper Egypt / Northeast Sudan into to the Horn around 6000 BC (shown by E-V12 and T1a). And to some degree mixed with the indigenous inhabitants of the Horn (certain L3 lineages that aren't found outside East Africa like L3i, L3a, L3x etc).

That's first, ive heard the Omo-Tanga theory, yet that's been refuted lately. Looking from Genetic standpoint our DNA virtually Horn African in Origins.

No our DNA halogroup E1b1b1 (E3b)which (Somalis carry 80% ) was appeared at Horn of Africa for first time. Haplogroup E1b1b (formerly known as E3b) represents the last major direct migration from Africa into Europe. It is believed to have first appeared in the Horn of Africa approximately 26,000 years ago and dispersed to North Africa and the Near East during the late Paleolithic and Mesolithic periods. E1b1b lineages are closely linked to the diffusion of Afroasiatic languages. Outside Europe, E1b1b is found at high frequencies in Morocco (over 80%), Somalia (80%), Ethiopia (40% to 80%), Tunisia (70%), Algeria (60%), Egypt (40%), Jordan (25%), Palestine (20%), and Lebanon (17.5%). On the European continent it has the highest concentration in Kosovo (over 45%), Albania and Montenegro (both 27%), Bulgaria (23%), Macedonia and Greece (both 21%), Cyprus (20%), Sicily (20%), South Italy (18.5%), Serbia (18%) and Romania. http://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_E1b1b_Y-DNA.shtml
http://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_E1b1b_Y-DNA.shtml

Well I'm not arguing admixtures tho, I'm talking about the ethnic origins and evolution of Somalis. I'm not saying we are first humans or that we are the first to have populated the horn of Africa that's a hard case to make. But even from a linguistic stand point seeing how Afro-asiatic language is Horn of African originated language family which comfortably puts our root origins in the Horn.

By the way, this woman doesn't have any Yemeni ancestry. Her result is pretty much the average result ethnic Somalis get on Ancestry.com based on what I have seen others post.

If that's where my grandmother said her father is from, I can take her word with a grain of salt, sure. He could have just lived there, or who knows. His family could have lived in Somali before and Egypt before that. IDK.
But the interesting thing is that you're right, every Somali who takes the test has similar results. Why is that? There has to be something to it. I don't think the people at the lab took my spit sample and knew my ethnicity and gave me what other Somalis get. There are similar traits in us and they have common genetic traits as people living in the Middle East as well as Africa! When did this all happen in our history.
And also, has anyone seen the DNA results of someone from the Middle East? Do they have genetic traits from Africa (again recently not when humanity started).

Apollo

VIP
Well I'm not arguing admixtures tho, I'm talking about the ethnic origins and evolution of Somalis. I'm not saying we are first humans or that we are the first to have populated the horn of Africa that's a hard case to make. But even from a linguistic stand point seeing how Afro-asiatic language is Horn of African originated language family which comfortably puts our root origins in the Horn.

E1b1b1 originated in the Horn 32,000 years ago, left it. Then our sub-clade stayed around Egypt-Libya-Nubia for tens of thousands of years. There's zero chance that E-V12 originated in the Horn. All the basal lineages are missing. Ironically, even Sardinia has more basal M78 lineages than Somalia. It really didn't originate there.

Afro-Asiatic languages probably originated in the same region (Egypt-Libya-Nubia region).

Well when you said "there is no evidence that we migrate to Somalia from somewhere else" threw me off. Because we didn't fall from the sky. Someone walked to Somalia and make a home for their selves. If we are discussing going back that far.

The video I made wasn't about DNA from back that far. It was about that last several generations. I know we all have our long family name, but who here can go back 100 names.

Now you are misunderstanding things I am not talking about Human origin. It actually founded humanity has common origin. What I'm talking about is ''Ethnic Origin'' How our language developed, how are genetics mutated, how our culture flourished, our history as an ''Ethnic''. Somali ethnic group did not migrate from somewhere else. We didn't migrate as formed populous or grouping into the horn.

''I have come to a similar conclusion on the question over six years ago. Somalia is one of not so many countries around the world in which a population change has never been indicated, and any sign of a noticeable substratum has not so far been observed genetically, linguistically, and anthropologically.''

Now you are misunderstanding things I am not talking about Human origin. It actually founded humanity has common origin. What I'm talking about is ''Ethnic Origin'' How our language developed, how are genetics mutated, how our culture flourished, our history as an ''Ethnic''. Somali ethnic group did not migrate from somewhere else. We didn't migrate as formed populous or grouping into the horn.

''I have come to a similar conclusion on the question over six years ago. Somalia is one of not so many countries around the world in which a population change has never been indicated, and any sign of a noticeable substratum has not so far been observed genetically, linguistically, and anthropologically.''

So our language has words in it that other languages use. Our food other countries cook. Arabic, Italian, ect. When did we adapt the words and things? Did we create these words and things? Even Islam didn't come to Somali until around the 7th century. The Quran could have gave us some words, sure. But did our people go to the a different country and bring back the religion? or did another country come and bring it to us. How long did they stay, how many of them had children together, what did the indigenous people of Somalia wear, eat, speak, ect. But all of these things made us who we are right? It's all our history. It's something I'm so interested in and proud of.
So when a test shows we have genetic traits that show in the Middle East. Why is that a bad thing. Why do some quickly judge a person saying they aren't 100% Somali, you are a self-hater, or you're different from me so don't claim I'm like you.
We're all human and our ancestors traveled together.

Last edited:
E1b1b1 originated in the Horn 32,000 years ago, left it. Then our sub-clade stayed around Egypt-Libya-Nubia for tens of thousands of years. There's zero chance that E-V12 originated in the Horn. All the basal lineages are missing. Ironically, even Sardinia has more basal M78 lineages than Somalia. It really didn't originate there.

Afro-Asiatic languages probably originated in the same region (Egypt-Libya-Nubia region).

I dunno its states that M78 orignitated in NorthernEastern Africa and Somalis have E-V32

Five major subclades of E1b1b (V12, V13, V22, M81, M123) originated in Northeast Africa before the Neolithic. Consequently most of them are present virtually in all regions where E1b1b is found. One exception is Norway, Sweden and Finland, where only E-V13 seems to be present.

The frequency of E subclades has varied geographically over time due to founder effects in Neolithic populations, i.e. the migration of a small group of settlers carrying among whom one paternal lineage was much more common than any others. Examples of founder effects include E-V12 in southern Egypt, E-V13 in the Balkans, E-V32 in Somalia, E-V65 on the Mediterranean coast of Africa, and E-M81 in Northwest Africa.

So you are saying that people migrated from southern Egypt carrying the E-V12 mutatation of the haplogroup and E-V32 in Somalia being a Neolithic forunder effect of it. Well I'm not arguing pre historic admixture or mutation. I am talking about the genesis of the Somali ethnic group.

Afro-Asiatic has been argued to be horn of African in origin due to its diversity of the language and oldest branches being there.

Apollo

VIP
I dunno its states that M78 orignitated in NorthernEastern Africa and Somalis have E-V32

V12 is the 'father' lineage of V32.

Above that is Z1902 with V12 and V65 being siblings of it. V65 is only found in Libya and surrounding regions. On 23andMe someone has noticed that many Egyptian Copts have E-V65. There's a thread about it on there.

Why would so many lineages be lost in Ethiopia and Somalia if it came from there? The only logical explanation is an ancient migration.

So our language has words in it that other languages use. Our food other countries cook. Arabic, Italian, ect. When did we adapt the words and things? Did we create these words and things? Even Islam didn't come to Somali until around the 7th century. The Quran could have gave us some words, sure. But did our people go to the a different country and bring back the religion? or did another country come and bring it to us. How long did they stay, how many of them had children together, what did the indigenous people of Somalia wear, eat, speak, ect. But all of these things made us who we are right? It's all our history. It's something I'm so interested in and proud of.
So when a test shows we have genetic traits that show in the Middle East. Why is that a bad thing. Why do some quickly judge a person saying they aren't 100% Somali, you are a self-hater, or you're different from me so don't claim I'm like you.
We're all human and our ancestors traveled together.

1) Ok loan words exist in every language, they are not part of the language because they are borrowed. They do not add to or change the structure of the language. Language is made up of the structures of sentences, sounds , the rules etc. Morphology, Syntax and Phonology which is strictly Cushitic branch of the Afro-Asiatic language family native to the Horn.

2) Culture is not static, but when you mark someones culture you look at what is shaped by locality and geography. In terms of social structure(clans), In terms of dietary habits ''Which is camel milk and meat'', Life style(nomadic) ,social norms, ethos etc. There are things in our culture that are very instrinsic to us and some more are less influenced by trade and locality.

3) There is no human group on earth with no Admixture, the admixture in Somalis are not recent they are prehistoric. Pre-Somali ,Pre-Groups forming themselves. What dont you understand in 6000 years ago there was no Somali, we weren't Somali back then. So you cannot project modern perspective into ancient history. I have never said we don't have admixture since most group have it or that we are first human beings.

What i'm talking about is the ''Genesis of the Somali people'' and not the origins of human kind.

Last edited:
V12 is the 'father' lineage of V32.

Above that is Z1902 with V12 and V65 being siblings of it. V65 is only found in Libya and surrounding regions. On 23andMe someone has noticed that many Egyptian Copts have E-V65. There's a thread about it on there.

Why would so many lineages be lost in Ethiopia and Somalia if it came from there? The only logical explanation is an ancient migration.

I know got it from the link I posted, but this is prehistoric there is no indication of somalis migrating or population change genetically ,anthropologically, linguistically after forming themselves.

1) Ok loan words exist in every language, they are not part of the language because they are borrowed. They do not add to or change the structure of the language. Language is made up of the structures of sentences, sounds , the rules etc. Morphology, Syntax and Phonology which is strictly Cushitic branch of the Afro-Asiatic language family native to the Horn.

2) Culture is not static, but when you mark someones culture you look at what is shaped by locality and geography. In terms of social structure(clans), In terms of dietary habits ''Which is camel milk and meat'', Life style(nomadic) ,social norms, ethos etc. There are things in our culture that are very instrinsic to us and some more are less influenced by trade and locality.

3) There is no human group on earth with no Admixture, the admixture in Somalis are not recent they are prehistoric. Pre-Somali ,Pre-Groups forming themselves. What dont you understand in 6000 years ago there was no Somali, we weren't Somali back then. So you cannot project modern perspective into ancient history. I have never said we don't have admixture since most group have it or that we are first human beings.

What i'm talking about is the ''Genisis of the Somali people'' and not the origins of human kind.

What I don't understand is how our admixture, at least mine and the Somalis I've seen take the test have a high percentage of the Middle East still showing. Because we mingled only with each other and each other had the same admixture as us from before 6,000 years ago?

What I don't understand is how our admixture, at least mine and the Somalis I've seen take the test have a high percentage of the Middle East still showing. Because we mingled only with each other and each other had the same admixture as us from before 6,000 years ago?

Ok like @Amun says Ancestry.com dont have Somali or Horner inputted DNA like 23andme.com.This company has no HornofAfrican Cluster. So you get randomly divided between Southern Bantu iyo Middeleastern because of next best closest thing available. So they are not valid results.

You should try 23andme.com because they have HornOfAfrican Cluster.

Somalis have been very homogenous and supremely isolated after forming themselves. It's well-known enough in the field of population genetics that Somalis are not the product of a recent ''Peninsula Arabian'' mixture with ''East African Natives'', in fact most Somalis don't at all display any Peninsula Arabian ancestry whatsoever whether in terms of their Haplogroup markers which are centered very comfortably in the Horn of Africa or in terms of their autosomal DNA where they actually seem more genetically isolated than Ḥabeshas since they show no ''West Asian'' admixture.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
@Deeqa naa ilaahay raali Kama aha waxa soobineysid ee San isku dham San sii Ma ahan, cover the hammerhead waa intimidating waa billahi towfiq.

Ok like @Amun says Ancestry.com dont have Somali or Horner inputted DNA like 23andme.com.This company has no HornofAfrican Cluster. So you get randomly divided between Southern Bantu iyo Middeleastern because of next best closest thing available. So they are not valid results.

You should try 23andme.com because they have HornOfAfrican Cluster.

Somalis have been very homogenous and supremely isolated after forming themselves. It's well-known enough in the field of population genetics that Somalis are not the product of a recent ''Peninsula Arabian'' mixture with ''East African Natives'', in fact most Somalis don't at all display any Peninsula Arabian ancestry whatsoever whether in terms of their Haplogroup markers which are centered very comfortably in the Horn of Africa or in terms of their autosomal DNA where they actually seem more genetically isolated than Ḥabeshas since they show no ''West Asian'' admixture.

The picture FIRST picture attached is one I found of a Somali who took 23andme test.
I'll try 23andme and get back to ya'll. I think it's more expensive for the same results.

The SECOND picture attached is of 23andme's East African region. It covers the same counties as AncestryDNA does. It's the one in medium purple.
The THIRD picture is of AncestryDNA SouthEastern Bantu. See, the same highlighted countries.

Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 1.21.53 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 1.47.03 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 1.49.46 PM.png

The picture FIRST picture attached is one I found of a Somali who took 23andme test.
I'll try 23andme and get back to ya'll. I think it's more expensive for the same results.

The SECOND picture attached is of 23andme's East African region. It covers the same counties as AncestryDNA does. It's the one in medium purple.
The THIRD picture is of AncestryDNA SouthEastern Bantu. See, the same highlighted countries.

View attachment 3704 View attachment 3705 View attachment 3706

Now you trying troll me.:childplease:
I don't have time to amuse you, Orod shaqo yeelo :camby:

Those were the 250,000 Egyptains who ran from invasion to Somalia

Somalis and ethiopians should refrain from using dna service like these. They are known for sweeping generalizations and are all about money. With that said I would never trust any somali persons history regarding ancestry. Most of it is word of mouth and highly driven by social status.

Im also not a big fan of somali pride/nationalism regarding genetic discussions. I have read enough on this subject to accept that ethnic somalis ARE ancient people who merged from natives to the horn and comparable tribes that came from nortwest africa. Most ethnicities are the result of merging tribes even whites.

If you want a more accurate result save your money and wait for the country to settle down and dna tests can be done on ethnic somalis by qualified personel. For now your result are misleading. You could be the
1. average somali that would score 30-40% west eurasian (this includes north african) and rest would be grouped into either east african bantu or non-bantu group --> "east african". I believe this is what your test really did it just said yeah she is some kind of african but not really west african by exlusion. And the rest of her dna isnt fully sub sahara african and is closest to north africans/arabs.
2. somali with recent middle eastern admixture.
3. actually bantu east african mixed with north african lol. doubt this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending