Somali Girl on ancestry with her boyfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP

@Amun ka sheekee ancestry.com it sounds like they have done no research on Somalis.

"Omg hooyo was right her aabo was from Yemen":dead:

My exchange with her on youtube went like this:

me: You do know that YDNA is important? Also you do know that ancestry isn't for Somalis and that pure Somalis aren't half southeastern Bantu and Arab right?
her: Well what you're saying is "redundant". Insert: *Ancestry pitch for MTDNA kits*
me: That's my point, ancestry was just trying to sell you that kit. For instance, my mtdna haplogroup is M1 and there isn't bantu-admixture there.
her: Well, I'd like to see a 100% Somali. Besides, being half or full doesn't matter.
me: I hear you, you're right sis.

I deleted my youtube account after this.

I have to say i'm not really bothered by this. I stopped giving a shit about all the incredible futile arguments about who Somali's are the moment the oldest human bones to date were found in Ethiopia. I just assume the reason why Somali's are so various is because most people come from us, rather than the other way around. I know the argument sounds flawed, and I have no scientific basis to go off of, but it just makes sense to me. So saying we're this or this, rather than saying we're just Somali is redundant and ridiculous to me.
Otherwise the video wasn't too bad. I criged alittle when she said "Somalian" though. God, hearing your own people say it sounds even more ignorant than hearing others say it. :jcoleno:

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
savage comment.jpg

comment had me floored:dead:

@Amun ka sheekee ancestry.com it sounds like they have done no research on Somalis.

"Omg hooyo was right her aabo was from Yemen":dead:

OOOOOooooOO cool, I have a forum about me. Hiii! Let's get started.
I said my grandmother's father not my mother. Not the point though, but thanks for giving me those youtube views! I appreciate ya!
Oh, don't pause because of Ramadan.. it doesn't count if your lying. God made everyone, so big foreheads or not, who cares. You are not the judger for humans perfection.

Two things though!
1.) How many years back are we talking, the beginning of time? I believe people originated from Africa. Can the test show me the that far, no. but I wanted to know what the science we have now COULD tell me about the last several thousands of years. My mother is taking the test, so stay tuned for the next episode!
There's no proof human life begin in Somali guys. Let's remember Pangea, and everything in-between then and now. Our history has wonderful things, but the more people take the test the more the science advances. What about the history we don't know about. I'd like to know about the first feet to touch Somalia. Where did they walk from, what did they bring? Maybe it did start in Somalia! I want to know where they went to first, ect.

2.) AncestryDNA generalizes a whole region because there isn't enough information yet. They call it SouthEastern Bantu because there isn't enough information that separates countries so they have it set as a "region", hence my encouragement of Somalis taking the test. I also have my raw DNA and have used GEDmatch. Pretty similar results to AncestryDNA. "Prue" Somalis are the ones who should be taking the test so the science can advance. Then we can base our DNA around theirs!

Let's remember kids, in the case someone has DNA patterns that show a different region, that doesn't make you less Somali or less of whoever you are. Lastly, at the end of the day we're all human.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
I have to say i'm not really bothered by this. I stopped giving a shit about all the incredible futile arguments about who Somali's are the moment the oldest human bones to date were found in Ethiopia. I just assume the reason why Somali's are so various is because most people come from us, rather than the other way around. I know the argument sounds flawed, and I have no scientific basis to go off of, but it just makes sense to me. So saying we're this or this, rather than saying we're just Somali is redundant and ridiculous to me.
Otherwise the video wasn't too bad. I criged alittle when she said "Somalian" though. God, hearing your own people say it sounds even more ignorant than hearing others say it. :jcoleno:

Sounds more plausible than all these other shit reasons of where we came from.

Apollo

VIP
Ancestry.com doesn't have any Northeast African reference samples. So people from the Horn of Africa get divided up into part Bantu part Arab. It's bullshit. Not scientific at all.

They are misleading all these people.

Sounds more plausible than all these other shit reasons of where we came from.

Its should its logical. We are indigenous Africans and our origins are from Northern Somalia. We speak a language which is indigenous to the horn. We have DNA indigenous to the horn. Culture native to the horn, Our history doesn't fall outside of the Horn of Africa. There is no evidence that we migrate to Somalia from somewhere else. There is no indication of any population change.

Everything else you hear is just racist hear say echoing the eurocentric debunked myth of ''hamitic'' hypothesis.

I agree with @Haze for the love of god we are the only Africans who have a land named after us and yet we are so quick to question where we come from. Asalkeena waa Soomaali(Our origins is Somali).

1. Introduction: Origins of Somali History
  2. Origin:
Notwithstanding some previously-presented hypotheses on origin of the Somalis, Somalia is a six millennia-old nation that has been occupying the Somali Peninsula throughout the time of its history. Even the last and most accepted one of these hypotheses which originates the Somali from Omo-Tana region cannot be valid anymore, and it is not logical even, because of various, ignored accounts.

These accounts clearly suggest that the ancestral home of the Somalis was the northern part of the Peninsula with the Peninsula always being inhabited by the Somalis.1 In one of the recent studies on Somali history in general and reassessments of Omo-Tana story in particular, an intimate authority has announced:2 “this hypothesis cannot be taken uncritically because cave paintings, dating back to 9,000 BCE, found in northern Somalia, as well as studies of ancient pyramids, ruined cities, and stone walls confirm that an ancient civilization thrived here at least from the late Paleolithic or Stone Age…along with the fact that the ancient Kingdom of Punt once flourished within Somali borders’…‘Somalia is a nation with a history that stretches back more than ten millennia to the beginnings of human civilization’.”2

I have come to a similar conclusion on the question over six years ago. Somalia is one of not so many countries around the world in which a population change has never been indicated, and any sign of a noticeable substratum has not so far been observed genetically, linguistically, and anthropologically. There is no evidence for south-emanated expansion toward the north, but there are evidences for the opposite. The largest lexical statistics, and other linguistic standards, from various Afroasiatic languages are used in a forthcoming comparison for reconstructing the Somali history.3

http://somali-studies.com/temp/?p=319

Last edited:
Ancestry.com doesn't have any Northeast African samples. So people from the Horn of Africa get devided up into part Bantu part Arab. It's bullshit. Not scientific at all.

They are misleading all these people.

The results read:
48% South East African
7% North African
41% Middle East.
Every Somali who has taken the test gets similar results. When a person from a different country takes the test they're results are completely different.

Misleading would be to tell a Somali person their traits show North/South America (Native Americans) region. South East Africa general, but still pretty close to Somalia.
and no, they don't have enough samples. Which is why more people should take the test to advance the science.

Its should its logical. We are indigenous Africans and our origins are from Northern Somalia. We speak a language which is indigenous to the horn. We have DNA indigenous to the horn. Culture native to the horn, Our history doesn't fall outside of the Horn of Africa. There is no evidence that we migrate to Somalia from somewhere else.

Everything else you hear is just racist hear say echoing the eurocentric debunked myth of ''hamitic'' hypothesis.

I agree with @Haze for the love of god we are the only Africans who have a land named after us and yet we are so quick to question where we come from. Asalkeena waa Soomaali(Our origins is Somali).

1. Introduction: Origins of Somali History
  2. Origin:

http://somali-studies.com/temp/?p=319

Your link states "This does not necessarily mean that the Somalis were the first humans who have populated the Horn. In fact, Old and Middle Stone Ages (Paleolithic & Mesolithic) cultures were observed across the Somali Peninsula and relating areas. "

So if we're going back that far, who were those people and how did they help make who we are today

Your link states "This does not necessarily mean that the Somalis were the first humans who have populated the Horn. In fact, Old and Middle Stone Ages (Paleolithic & Mesolithic) cultures were observed across the Somali Peninsula and relating areas. "

So if we're going back that far, who were those people and how did they help make who we are today

I'm not talking about Somalis being the first humans, that's just silly claim to make.

I purely speaking from a evolutionary perspective. How we come to be, how we evolved , how we formed into the Somali ethnic group.
Which points to how our origins is in Somalia nowhere else. When you look at history,genetics,linguistics and archeology.

Status
Not open for further replies.