Somali girl making a killing teaching people about a beauty product local to Somalia. I am happy for her seeing thousands of people asking to order.

Here towards the end of the video she mentions her plans to protect the farmers in Somalia from being exploited and their communities going through a deforestation.

her crowd source link

Last edited:
you can support her if you buy beauty products. get it for a sibling/mother as a gift or something.

Mashallah, hope she makes good money from it.

(But what people dont realise is things like qasil work best on skin types native to the land it naturally grows from...)

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Mashallah, let her make her money. Though I low key don’t like it when Somali products become mainstream.
You mean like this?
Dabqaad.jpg

41IRnIqinjL._AC_SY400_.jpg

It irks me as well.

That is exactly what we want but we must control the supply and distribution. Somalia currently exports xayawaan. We need more export sources.
This needs to become mainstream actually. The community where its grown could make mad money if they advertise and send free samples to beauty youtubers. In the video I shared the farmers were cutting the branch and then they would wait months to harvest again. They need a machine that could shake down the tree and have the leaves fall. That way they could have a better yield.

That is exactly what we want but we must control the supply and distribution. Somalia currently exports xayawaan. We need more export sources.
I could see this product turning into the next black bar soap. That think is everywhere now. Even better they could turn qasil into soap as well

Im sorry to hear that. That must be hard.

We all mess up but I hope you’ve turned a new page (although your thread about how to make money with no regards to right&wrong is concerning).

Perhaps you could reach out to a family relative you trust? Maybe there is someone who hasnt completely cut you off?
Maybe find the local masjid/ the local practising community?

You need good human company and someone to help guide you.

Honestly, real contentment and success comes from holding onto the rope of Allah.
You mean like this?
Dabqaad.jpg

41IRnIqinjL._AC_SY400_.jpg

It irks me as well.
This needs to become mainstream actually. The community where its grown could make mad money if they advertise and send free samples to beauty youtubers. In the video I shared the farmers were cutting the branch and then they would wait months to harvest again. They need a machine that could shake down the tree and have the leaves fall. That way they could have a better yield.
I could see this product turning into the next black bar soap. That think is everywhere now. Even better they could turn qasil into soap as well

If these products were made, distributed and sold by Somalis, I would support it 100%. I can see others “Christopher Columbussing” this and making money off of it. That’s my issue. Somalis are so open, and ajanabis feel like they can come in and profit off of us. You think other communities are giving away their beauty secrets for free? Let’s do better.

So I just watched the video. I am pretty sure majority of rural Somalis have no clue of what the the internet is or YouTube forget advertising and free samples. My solution is two parts: First the Somali companies like Huda Organics need to educate the local population in the field. Set up a local manager who understands the process and therefore teach others like him.

The second part is equipment. Their process of harvesting is very barebones basic and there are hundreds of machines in other parts of Africa and Asia that can make this process much more efficient and quick. As far as paying for those machines, they can organise together to raise funds with the help of the Somali companies that make these types of products and finally if they need diaspora funding, I am happy to throw in what I have to get this finalised as a free donation.

So I just watched the video. I am pretty sure majority of rural Somalis have no clue of what the the internet is or YouTube forget advertising and free samples. My solution is two parts: First the Somali companies like Huda Organics need to educate the local population in the field. Set up a local manager who understands the process and therefore teach others like him.

The second part is equipment. Their process of harvesting is very barebones basic and there are hundreds of machines in other parts of Africa and Asia that can make this process much more efficient and quick. As far as paying for those machines, they can organise together to raise funds with the help of the Somali companies that make these types of products and finally if they need diaspora funding, I am happy to throw in what I have to get this finalised as a free donation.
Huda Organics is actually doing a great job at educating people about the product. Her tiktoks gained traction now people know about qasil. Yes I agree with you on that part about having Somali companies educating people about this Huda educates the customers but not the suppliers. We need more of that 2 way education both for the customers and the suppliers.

Even if there are no machines they could get a ladder and tea harvesting equipments and literally pick it a somali company could afford those equipments. Harvesting won't be an issue the issue is growing the trees we need earth science students to study the gob tree and figure out a way to grow it. I'm assuming these trees take a long time to grow so they better get it right at finding the best genes for a healthy gob tree

Edit: they use the leaves to make qasil. so a gob tree at any age could be harvested. they just need to make a big gob tree farm @QabiilNobel @Desert Flower

Huda Organics is actually doing a great job at educating people about the product. Her tiktoks gained traction now people know about qasil. Yes I agree with you on that part about having Somali companies educating people about this Huda educates the customers but not the suppliers. We need more of that 2 way education both for the customers and the suppliers.

Even if there are no machines they could get a ladder and tea harvesting equipments and literally pick it a somali company could afford those equipments. Harvesting won't be an issue the issue is growing the trees we need earth science students to study the gob tree and figure out a way to grow it. I'm assuming these trees take a long time to grow so they better get it right at finding the best genes for a healthy gob tree

Edit: they use the leaves to make qasil. so a gob tree at any age could be harvested. they just need to make a big gob tree farm @QabiilNobel @Desert Flower
Agreed and it is fairly straightforward, hopefully they do it properly but congrats to her for exporting Somalia to the world and not importing rubbish etc.

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
Shit she took my idea. I thought of this in 2016. Aqaas. Mashallah. Bisinka. Inshallah. Astaqfirullah. Anyways, mashallah

Trending

Latest posts