Somali girl in Burco chased for wearing pants

idk what universe you’re in but jreerweyn aren’t seen as Somali. You can look at this own forum if you don’t believe me there’s always a few niggas habaaring them in threads. Do I view them as Somali though? Yeah. They’ve assimilated at this point but it doesn’t change the xenophobes who deny them their new found identity.

there’s zero requirement for someone to be Muslim to be a Somali. You’ve ever heard of Michael Mariono? Famous Isaaq politician who was a Christian.

btw: Sudanese Arabs are Arab by lineage. They’re Adnani from Hejaz for the most part verified by paternal DNA testing. They’re ironically the most Arab out of the entire African continent

They’d likely attempt to lynch me but nobody is going to deny my identity. This is purely a diaspora phenomenon. My brother is a open gaal and nobody has once told him he isn’t Somali
your brothers a gaal too damn how did your parents react:wow1:

Saying there are multiple interpretations of idhrabuhunna is utter cope, I’m sorry. Early Muslims and the most prominent mufassireen understood it as ‘beat them’. This multiple interpretation stuff is recent 21st century apologist shit. No need to waterdown the religion to appease non-believers.
1711843458980.png
1711843495446.png

1711843514932.png

dont know how much earlier you want it than a companion of the prophet(peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), and two taabi'is(generation after the sahabah who learnt from them). now bring any companion who said you may beat her and cause her pain

View attachment 322569View attachment 322570
View attachment 322571

dont know how much earlier you want it than a companion of the prophet(peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), and two taabi'is(generation after the sahabah who learnt from them). now bring any companion who said you may beat her and cause her pain
Firstly, when did I mention anything about inflicting pain? All I said was ‘idrabuhunna’ in Surah 4:34 directly translates to beat them/strike them. There’s no other way to interpret the ayah other than beating your wife. If you want to debate about whether it’s acceptable to inflict pain, that’s a whole different topic.

Here’s a Hadith proving my point:

“Sulaiman bin Amr bin Ahwas said: “My father told me that he was present at the Farewell Pilgrimage with the Messenger of Allah. He praised and glorified Allah, and reminded and exhorted (the people). Then he said: 'I enjoin good treatment of women, for they are prisoners with you, and you have no right to treat them otherwise, unless they commit clear indecency. If they do that, then forsake them in their beds and hit them, but without causing injury or leaving a mark. If they obey you, then do not seek means of annoyance against them. You have rights over your women and your women have rights over you. Your rights over your women are that they are not to allow anyone whom you dislike to tread on your bedding (furniture), nor allow anyone whom you dislike to enter your houses. And their right over you are that you should treat them kindly with regard to their clothing and food.'”
- Sunan Ibn Majah 1851 (Sahih)

Here’s few commentaries on 4:34:

“Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has made one of them to excel the other, and because they spend (to support them) from their means. Therefore the righteous women are Qanitat, and guard in the husband's absence what Allah orders them to guard. As to those women on whose part you see ill conduct, admonish them, and abandon them in their beds, and beat them, but if they return to obedience, do not seek a means against them.” - Tafsir al-Tabari

And those you fear may be rebellious, disobedient to you, when such signs appear, admonish them, make them fear God, and share not beds with them, retire to other beds if they manifest such disobedience, and strike them, but not violently, if they refuse to desist [from their rebellion] after leaving them [in separate beds]. - Tafsir al-Jalalayn

if advice and ignoring her in the bed do not produce the desired results, you are allowed to discipline the wife, without severe beating. - Tafsir Ibn Kathir

Go ahead and tell me I’m wrong now.

Firstly, when did I mention anything about inflicting pain? All I said was ‘idrabuhunna’ in Surah 4:34 directly translates to beat them/strike them. There’s no other way to interpret the ayah other than beating your wife. If you want to debate about whether it’s acceptable to inflict pain, that’s a whole different topic.

Here’s a Hadith proving my point:

“Sulaiman bin Amr bin Ahwas said: “My father told me that he was present at the Farewell Pilgrimage with the Messenger of Allah. He praised and glorified Allah, and reminded and exhorted (the people). Then he said: 'I enjoin good treatment of women, for they are prisoners with you, and you have no right to treat them otherwise, unless they commit clear indecency. If they do that, then forsake them in their beds and hit them, but without causing injury or leaving a mark. If they obey you, then do not seek means of annoyance against them. You have rights over your women and your women have rights over you. Your rights over your women are that they are not to allow anyone whom you dislike to tread on your bedding (furniture), nor allow anyone whom you dislike to enter your houses. And their right over you are that you should treat them kindly with regard to their clothing and food.'”
- Sunan Ibn Majah 1851 (Sahih)

Here’s few commentaries on 4:34:

“Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has made one of them to excel the other, and because they spend (to support them) from their means. Therefore the righteous women are Qanitat, and guard in the husband's absence what Allah orders them to guard. As to those women on whose part you see ill conduct, admonish them, and abandon them in their beds, and beat them, but if they return to obedience, do not seek a means against them.” - Tafsir al-Tabari

And those you fear may be rebellious, disobedient to you, when such signs appear, admonish them, make them fear God, and share not beds with them, retire to other beds if they manifest such disobedience, and strike them, but not violently, if they refuse to desist [from their rebellion] after leaving them [in separate beds]. - Tafsir al-Jalalayn

if advice and ignoring her in the bed do not produce the desired results, you are allowed to discipline the wife, without severe beating. - Tafsir Ibn Kathir

Go ahead and tell me I’m wrong now.
1711948926648.png

how could it directly translate to beat, when the word means to strike someone so as to hurt or injure them when this is not allowed at all? remember every translation you have is just trying to capture the meaning and is an interpretation of the meaning. Arabic and English are two different languages, there shall be words where there are no one to one translations

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
Burco is a conservative city, whether you are a girl or a boy, you should adapt to the local customs and norms. Every country in the world has a particular town and city that is symbolic as the religious and traditional compass of the Nation, its North Star while the country continues to be influenced by globalisation, for better or worse.

It’s a slippery slope between mob-entitlement and mob-justice, so that should never be the norm, or the standard reaction. A better measure would be to inform new visitors at specific entry-points of the city such as the airport about what is ok and what’s not.

View attachment 322793
how could it directly translate to beat, when the word means to strike someone so as to hurt or injure them when this is not allowed at all? remember every translation you have is just trying to capture the meaning and is an interpretation of the meaning. Arabic and English are two different languages, there shall be words where there are no one to one translations
Can you provide an ayah or narration that states you cannot cause pain? From what I’m seeing, the consensus amongst the scholars and mufassireen is that you cannot be excessive in your beating as well as not leaving a mark or injury. Nothing about causing pain.

bohom

Here to chill
American identity is different tho
Yeah but thats part of my point, someone's identity is based on civilization. Not DNA, its more nuanced. So in the case of a gaal Somali, Somalis would not accept them and therefore civilization has determined their identity.

Another example, majority of Swiss people have German DNA, but they would never call themselves German and they actually dislike Germans despite sharing lineages. Civilization and history determines one's identity.

Yeah but thats part of my point, someone's identity is based on civilization. Not DNA, its more nuanced. So in the case of a gaal Somali, Somalis would not accept them and therefore civilization has determined their identity.

Another example, majority of Swiss people have German DNA, but they would never call themselves German and they actually dislike Germans despite sharing lineages. Civilization and history determines one's identity.
Somali gaals may not be accepted fine, but they're still ethnic Somalis, which makes them Somali. People really need to separate religion and ethnicity in 2024.

bohom

Here to chill
People really need to separate religion and ethnicity in 2024.
Many Somalis are of the viewpoint that Somalinimo and Islam are not separate. This is my whole point I'm making if you read my posts again.

Civilization has determined a gaal Somali's identity, not their DNA.
Just like Joe Biden not being Irish.
Just like the Swiss not being German.

Many Somalis are of the viewpoint that Somalinimo and Islam are not separate. This is my whole point I'm making if you read my posts again.

Civilization has determined a gaal Somali's identity, not their DNA.
Just like Joe Biden not being Irish.
Just like the Swiss not being German.
And that is fair enough but I’m just saying that a change in religion doesn’t negate 1000s of years of ancestry and btw Swiss with German ancestry are called Swiss Germans which shows that their heritage still did matter.

Trending

Latest posts