Somali Gifs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Hello everyone,

As you're all aware the number of Somali gifs on the internet are very limited. I did a google search and the bulk of them were ones I made and posted on somnet. In any case, I decided to create and collect gifs on tumblr (see link below). There are about 30 random gifs (just scroll down to view them all). And please give me your thoughts (which ones are your favourites/do you dislike) and any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

http://somaligifs.tumblr.com/

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
What do you use to make gifs?

I could use photoshop, but it's too time-consuming. I've used a combination. Giphy is pretty decent for large-sized gifs.Imgflip is decent for small and medium-sized gifs and it's more precise with timing compared to Giphy and it has a few more features. The only problem I have with Tumblr is their 2 MB limit on each gif, which means most of my gifs are either have to be shrunken in size or shouldn't exceed more than 2 seconds. It's a trade-off that I don't like, but I've managed.

I like the sheeko, tell me more gif. Nice work. I was actually thinking of creating an all Somali gifs website.

Thanks. I noticed there was a void also. I just decided to take it up as a hobby. Perhaps, you should also consider it the more that merrier.

Here are my top 5:

tumblr_nyo7zpLOG31r12e7ro1_500.gif

tumblr_nyo8g5JCtn1r12e7ro1_500.gif

tumblr_nyodfyNkCe1r12e7ro1_500.gif

tumblr_nyo884hd9J1r12e7ro1_500.gif

tumblr_nysppyozqH1r12e7ro1_400.gif

T

Tokio

I am in the middle of Making Somali gifs, I use giphy/photoshop. I got couple of them in my stash. So far your list looks decent.

Q

Queen Carawelo

Sophie I love the page. It's unique.

Here are my favs.

tumblr_nys48qo0zs1r12e7ro1_500.gif

tumblr_nys44v7kXA1r12e7ro1_500.gif
tumblr_nys42qCjus1r12e7ro1_500.gif
tumblr_nys3x3ZsOj1r12e7ro1_500.gif

I will be definitely use these.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Sophie I love the page. It's unique.

Here are my favs.

tumblr_nys48qo0zs1r12e7ro1_500.gif

tumblr_nys44v7kXA1r12e7ro1_500.gif
tumblr_nys42qCjus1r12e7ro1_500.gif
tumblr_nys3x3ZsOj1r12e7ro1_500.gif

I will be definitely use these.

Idol thanks a bunch. I actually thought of you and @Duchess when I made some of them. You folks introduced me to the expression #spilling the tea. And I've liked it ever since. Plus, we need gifs in response to all the crazy replies we get on here. :mybusiness:

Q

Queen Carawelo

Idol thanks a bunch. I actually thought of you and @Duchess when I made some of them. You folks introduced me to the expression #spilling the tea. And I've liked it ever since. Plus, we need gifs in response to all the crazy replies we get on here. :mybusiness:
Does that mean I can send you video clips and you can make gifs? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending