Somali Frankincense Oil

I went to a "Essential oil workshop" today and the lady gave us information on every oil she brought. One product caught my eye because it was written somali frankincense oil DoTERRA. After the workshop I asked the lady some questions like : " Is this another company exploiting my people naya. Give me some info".

I don't know much about it yet I'm collecting more info. I want to invest in this. I love frankincense so much. These trees are apparently dying.

"Frankincense is exported by the thousands of tons each year. But as demand increases, over-exploitation and ecosystem degradation are bringing populations to the brink of collapse. The study’s authors estimate that without new trees to replace the old, half the intact forests — and half the frankincense they produce — will be gone within 20 years"
source.

I know that we somalis have other things to think about and these trees might not be a priority. But I hope we can preserve some and plant more.

I went to a "Essential oil workshop" today and the lady gave us information on every oil she brought. One product caught my eye because it was written somali frankincense oil DoTERRA. After the workshop I asked the lady some questions like : " Is this another company exploiting my people naya. Give me some info".

I don't know much about it yet I'm collecting more info. I want to invest in this. I love frankincense so much. These trees are apparently dying.

"Frankincense is exported by the thousands of tons each year. But as demand increases, over-exploitation and ecosystem degradation are bringing populations to the brink of collapse. The study’s authors estimate that without new trees to replace the old, half the intact forests — and half the frankincense they produce — will be gone within 20 years"
source.

I know that we somalis have other things to think about and these trees might not be a priority. But I hope we can preserve some and plant more.

It is definitely a point of exploitation against our people for sure. I am currently in the process of setting something up with Frankincense directly from back home.

Hopefully if it all works out, eventually it will benefit our people directly instead of the middle men and exploiters.

It is definitely a point of exploitation against our people for sure. I am currently in the process of setting something up with Frankincense directly from back home.

Hopefully if it all works out, eventually it will benefit our people directly instead of the middle men and exploiters.

I hope it works for you. I want to plant more of these trees when i go back. Or find a way to preserve it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Trending