Somali food history

I always thought kidney beans(digir aka cambuulo) was somali original food. well, it turns out it's originally south american(peru). it's was first brought to Africa by Portuguese.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Please don't bring this topic up. The more you uncover the more depressing it gets.

Just stop.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
The failure to recognize and acknowledge
reality is a lethal problem, because you cannot take proper action unless you correctly perceive the facts.

True but let's discuss these stuff behind closed doors/offline.

We'll need to come up with new unique dishes secretly and then act like we had them for centuries.

Only way to cover for our sins.

True but let's discuss these stuff behind closed doors/offline.

We'll need to come up with new unique dishes secretly and then act like we had them for centuries.

Only way to cover for our sins.

most European cuisine is based on native American( common beans, corn;chocolate;potato; tomato), indian spices and sugar, Chinese(noodles; sauce; bacon), southeast asia(chicken), Japanese vinegar etc.

Last edited:

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
So many nations have dishes where the ingredients come from other places but it's their national cuisine. Somalis have a rich cuisine walahi billahi

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
So many nations have dishes where the ingredients come from other places but it's their national cuisine. Somalis have a rich cuisine walahi billahi
I don't think most people realise this. That and cambuulo is a national embarrassment, it's the highest form of poverty food. I'll be glad the day they get rid of it.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I always thought kidney beans(digir aka cambuulo) was somali original food. well, it turns out it's originally south american(peru). it's was first brought to Africa by Portuguese.

explains why Mexicans love it. Taco bell and all mexican dishes have beans. It is a delicious treat. I eat with
6a016303f3fe31970d017d42ca42f3970c-800wi.jpg

That's a poor take. It's like saying pizza isnt the most quintessential Italian dish because tomatoes originate in south/central America.

Also I think your confusing kidney beans with adzuki beans which is the cambuulo that grows in the south

That's a poor take. It's like saying pizza isnt the most quintessential Italian dish because tomatoes originate in south/central America.

Also I think your confusing kidney beans with adzuki beans which is the cambuulo that grows in the south

Also sometimes spelled azuki and aduki,adzuki beans are small, red beans originating from China and are popular in Asian cooking. Although they are also simply referred to asred beans, they should not be confused withkidney beans, which are twice the size and shaped like kidneys.

wow, interesting, thanks for the input.

https://ohmyveggies.com/adzuki-beans/

Trending

Latest posts