Somali food getting popular amongst non-Somalis. Finally.

Nafiso Qalanjo

π–‚π–Š'π–—π–Š π–Œπ–”π–Žπ–“π–Œ 𝖙𝖔 π–œπ–†π–— π–‡π–†π–‡π–ž!
Great. So how long do I have to wait until Gordon Ramsey start reviewing Somali food?

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
I am not surprised but i wud ratha them not to discover cuz am really afarid that will raise the price of to go rice and hilib ari like GME stock
1614053583489.png

I'm gonna get a lot of hate here....even my mother told me off for saying this....but there is no such thing as 'Somali food'. Somali food is an amalgamation of cuisines from nearby regions, none of which are uniquely Somali. Pasta from our Italian colonizers, jabati/sambuus from our neighbours across the Indian ocean, meat cuisines from the middle east, and malawax, anjelo came from Ethiopia. What exactly is Somali? The sad truth is throwing a bannana in each meal is what actually makes those said cuisines authentically Somali.

I don't think there's anything to be ashamed about though, we are a nomadic culture, historically our lifestyle and way of life didn't give way to creating elaborate cuisines, we used to eat whatever the plants gave us, be it berries, nuts etc.

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
I'm gonna get a lot of hate here....even my mother told me off for saying this....but there is no such thing as 'Somali food'. Somali food is an amalgamation of cuisines from nearby regions, none of which are uniquely Somali. Pasta from our Italian colonizers, jabati/sambuus from our neighbours across the Indian ocean, meat cuisines from the middle east, and malawax, anjelo came from Ethiopia. What exactly is Somali? The sad truth is throwing a bannana in each meal is what actually makes those said cuisines authentically Somali.

I don't think there's anything to be ashamed about though, we are a nomadic culture, historically our lifestyle and way of life didn't give way to creating elaborate cuisines, we used to eat whatever the plants gave us, be it berries, nuts etc.
Can you prove that canjeero came from Ethiopia or that our meat cuisine came from the Middle East? Canjeero tastes completely different from ethiopian injera which darker color and a more sour taste and our meat cuisine comes from our livestock

Interesting prespective. Somali food is other cultures food, but wayyyy better. It’s the upgraded version.

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
Can you prove that canjeero came from Ethiopia or that our meat cuisine came from the Middle East?

Some people on here talk like Somalis ate sand and walked around naked and foreigners brought us everything we have from food to clothes to buildings.
Sigh...the coonery.

@IPushFatKids, How can it be that the very people who supply livestock to the Middle East, don’t know how to cook and prepare meat themselves. How can it be that people who have been trading salt and spices since at-least the Greek era, wouldn’t know how to season their food. Are you aware Somalis weren’t only nomads but also ... traders, merchants, explorers, theologists/religious scholars, architects, potters, farmers, textile makers, poets, writers, musicians. Basically just like most other groups of people in the world People like you assume Somalis learn everything from others because in your mind we are bottom of the barrel. But it’s far more plausible they learned from us.

I think people often find it hard to believe others are capable of what they themselves are not. Don’t assume every Somali is operating at your level of maangaabnimo

Interested

Quite the Islamist.

Not entirely accurate. We have Oodkac , something that is exquisitely Somali. Also alot of Macmacaans in Xamar , like nacnac luubani, icun, qumbo etc

Not only this, but the food you stated was generally eaten by those who lived in coastal towns. The others were eating a bland diet to survive.

Do you think a geeljire deep inside somalia was eating sambuus. I'd be surprised if they were eating baasto even :mjkkk:

Not only this, but the food you stated was generally eaten by those who lived in coastal towns. The others were eating a bland diet to survive.

Do you think a geeljire deep inside somalia was eating sambuus. I'd be surprised if they were eating baasto even :mjkkk:
Al dente pasta is just :banderas: heavenly.

shut up, ignoramus

Can you prove that canjeero came from Ethiopia or that our meat cuisine came from the Middle East? Canjeero tastes completely different from ethiopian injera which darker color and a more sour taste and our meat cuisine comes from our livestock

Ethiopia has a written history of eating that shit since 100 BC.

At the end of the day its just sourdough, its the same shit.

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
Ethiopians ferment it for a few days. It's more sour. They both taste like shit though so I don't even see the point of claiming that. It is subsistence food, food that gives your organs 80% of what they need to function to survive till 40, worse than empty carbs.
Have you tried canjeero with subac sugar soaked in shaax? It’s mindblowingly delicious :lawd:

Trending

Latest posts