somali fashion models (that aren't iman or halima)

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
there are actually a lot of requirements for high fashion models
you have to be 5'8 to 5'11
57 to 64 cm waist
long neck
photogenic
you have to be at least 55kg or less
late teens to mid twenties

the average woman doesn't have all these
let's do me
you have to be 5'8 to 5'11 ❌
57 to 64 cm waist ✔
long neck... i'd say yes ✔
photogenic... not sure. I never took an actual photo since forever
you have to be at least 55kg or less✔
late teens to mid twenties✔

put me on the runway.

giphy.gif

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
Unpopular opinion, I don’t get the hype around the south Sudanese models. They have the perfect body for modelling but their faces are strangely round and chubby (for an otherwise skinny body).

But still miles ahead of ugly white models.

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
The last person in the first post was very pretty

If I remember correctly this lady got into the modelling industry because she victimized her way in. There were few other Xalimos that did the same thing calling themselves "refuge", "black African" and "Hijabi".

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As for the weight. Did you know she's a model too?

All I'm saying is the model industry should be privileged and only the finest Somalis should be accepted. I feel like Somalis deserve a better representation. The same thing for Hollywood.
I’m talking about high fashion modeling not commercial.

commercial models can be any height, shape, or size

let's do me
you have to be 5'8 to 5'11 ❌
57 to 64 cm waist ✔
long neck... i'd say yes ✔
photogenic... not sure. I never took an actual photo since forever
you have to be at least 55kg or less✔
late teens to mid twenties✔

put me on the runway.

giphy.gif
How tall are you?:stressed:
Kate Moss got away w being only 5’6

Alluring

Sayonara
Unpopular opinion, I don’t get the hype around the south Sudanese models. They have the perfect body for modelling but their faces are strangely round and chubby (for an otherwise skinny body).

But still miles ahead of ugly white models.

I think they get casted because they tend to naturally be tall and thin. They are almost always exclusively thin. Also the brand wins diversity points. I wish they weren’t forced to be bald to keep this weird androgynous look.

If I remember correctly this lady got into the modelling industry because she victimized her way in. There were few other Xalimos that did the same thing calling themselves "refuge", "black African" and "Hijabi".

All I'm saying is the model industry should be privileged and only the finest Somalis should be accepted. I feel like Somalis deserve a better representation. The same thing for Hollywood.

They only get average looking or straight up ugly ones to represent us to make the world believe that’s the best Somalia (or Africa in general) can do :francis:

Donna is GORGEOUS mA. Her round, big eyes and high cheekbones are a thing made of dreams mashallah tabarakallah. :banderas:

The rest are average, and there is nothing wrong with that.

I agree.

Models are basically professional clothes hangers. I'm not being rude, nor am I talking about these girls specifically, but I don't find models attractive on average. Even the non Somali ones. They are meant to be super skinny, especially the catwalk ones and I find that of putting.

The big one is riding off the backs of people's obsession with big bums and hips. She also has a very small waist. Prettylittle things caters towards that urban bbl look as well now. So I see why, even though hijab and tight clothes does not make sense in the slightest.

there are actually a lot of requirements for high fashion models
you have to be 5'8 to 5'11
57 to 64 cm waist
long neck
photogenic
you have to be at least 55kg or less
late teens to mid twenties

the average woman doesn't have all these

Being 5'8+ and less than 55kg is dimasho. No wonder some of them look like malnutritioned walking skeletons. Doesn't sound healthy.