Somali exiles in the 20th century

My grandfather and all his siblings (along with their father) AUN were exiled to seychelles for several years. I've never met them since they passed a long time ago.
After exile, they had to move to Djibouti and start a new life there. My parents says that they were involved in something but there's a big jump in narration and all we hear is that they ended up in Mogadishu decades later.

I also ask this because I studied in France, and in a history class they told us that political prisoners were sent to seychelles.

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about / or who has family that were 'exiled' sometime in the 1900s? and why they were potentially exiled? I only thought my family were reer badiyo.

My grandfather and all his siblings (along with their father) AUN were exiled to seychelles for several years. I've never met them since they passed a long time ago.
After exile, they had to move to Djibouti and start a new life there. My parents says that they were involved in something but there's a big jump in narration and all we hear is that they ended up in Mogadishu decades later.

I also ask this because I studied in France, and in a history class they told us that political prisoners were sent to seychelles.

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about / or who has family that were 'exiled' sometime in the 1900s? and why they were potentially exiled? I only thought my family were reer badiyo.

You are talking about only 3 generations! Someone in the family has to know why they were exiled. Somalis are orall people so they don't document what happened but I am sure someone has the story with them especially older people in your far or close relatives.

You dad doesn't know why his father was exiled?

You are talking about only 3 generations! Someone in the family has to know why they were exiled. Somalis are orall people so they don't document what happened but I am sure someone has the story with them especially older people in your far or close relatives.

You dad doesn't know why his father was exiled?

it's my mothers side of the family, and we don't have many relatives on that side of the family. Most passed away

+ my mother didn't know her grandparents. She pretty much married into my dads family and stayed comfy that way

it's my mothers side of the family, and we don't have many relatives on that side of the family. Most passed away

+ my mother didn't know her grandparents. She pretty much married into my dads family and stayed comfy that way
I guess you have mystery in your hands to solve! Gather all the names you can from your mom, lineage, and any other helpful information then head to Somalia to figure it out

And your mother hasn't told you why her father and uncles were exiled? Surely she would know. Interesting.

I guess you have mystery in your hands to solve! Gather all the names you can from your mom, lineage, and any other helpful information then head to Somalia to figure it out

i'd love to, but my family are implicated in politics there. inshallah one day

I wonder what happened to his descents. He probably has family all over now

Yeah i think, they lost their Somali Culture. They are now full Seychelese.

That story was on the Somali Websites and Somali forums, many years a go.
I think some SSspot members know the Story well.

Sorry Siad Barre never exiled...he assassinated his opponents...say they fled the country :pachah1:

The Story went like:

The Djibouti Ambassador to Japan meets the Seychelles Ambassador to japan
(Original Somali Exiled Family)

Trending

Latest posts