Somali elders and diabetes, high cholesterol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
It's the diet and lifestyle. Unlikely due to genetics.
Most older diaspora Somalis in North America and Northern Europe are not physically active and their diet is bad.

I wonder if Somalis who live in Italy and follow the Mediterranean diet live longer than British or American Somalis. If only such data was available...

It's the diet and lifestyle. Unlikely due to genetics.
Most older diaspora Somalis in North America and Northern Europe are not physically active and their diet is bad.

I wonder if Somalis who live in Italy and follow the Mediterranean diet live longer than British or American Somalis. If only such data was available...

It's definetly the diet like you said. I can't drive my mother anywhere with out her wanting to pick something sweet up from a Algerian or Morrocan shop, the Arab macmacaan makes the somali shops look like amateurs lool.

We can safely say xalwa isn't doing islaamaha any favours right ?

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
Ever noticed how most Somalis over the ages of 50 have diabetes or high cholesterol?

Bro! I congratulate you for making a topic about this. Can't believe we have not dedicated that much topic on an issue that effects us all.

I've done my own unscientific hypothesis:

These diseases are causing a havoc in our community because of the following:

We eat meat like no other...back home we use to cover 30 miles of walking a day and cholesterol was unheard of..here in the West, hooyo and Aabo are consuming welfare and pension and aren't moving around. Specially hooyos/ayeeyos be stationed at one place for an hour without my exertion. The old man will drive his car to Starbucks to sit and chat for hours. Keep in mind that these people consumed a huge amount of hilib. What happens next is the old heads start feeling weird and boom they are hit with a cholestrol diagnosis with her cousin diabetis. Then doctor unleashes 20 medication on their ass, medications that no youth in the family has anyway of taking the doctor to task for prescribing it prolifically. The old heads at this moment are getting depressed bc you can tell from their "dardaaran" they'll start saying " please keep zahra wax-ma-qariso away from me, she's bringing gossip and hearsay that is only accumulating dambi for me " and also you'll notice them reading the Quran a lot and being very close to the masjid.

The high blood pressure and diabetis are one and the same. Too much shax and lack of diet control in our community is the catalyst. If you care about your family remove somali food away. Have less bariis, pasta, shax, hilib and xalwo. Our old heads are in a state where they don't know about the attributes of this deadly food. Food that was ok back home because we were a walking society but turn deadly here. Take control of your old heads, they raised us unconditionally it's time we look after their well being.

Brought to you by,
Menace's Journal of Medicine

Bro! I congratulate you for making a topic about this. Can't believe we have not dedicated that much topic on an issue that effects us all.

I've done my own unscientific hypothesis:

These diseases are causing a havoc in our community because of the following:

We eat meat like no other...back home we use to cover 30 miles of walking a day and cholesterol was unheard of..here in the West, hooyo and Aabo are consuming welfare and pension and aren't moving around. Specially hooyos/ayeeyos be stationed at one place for an hour without my exertion. The old man will drive his car to Starbucks to sit and chat for hours. Keep in mind that these people consumed a huge amount of hilib. What happens next is the old heads start feeling weird and boom they are hit with a cholestrol diagnosis with her cousin diabetis. Then doctor unleashes 20 medication on their ass, medications that no youth in the family has anyway of taking the doctor to task for prescribing it prolifically. The old heads at this moment are getting depressed bc you can tell from their "dardaaran" they'll start saying " please keep zahra wax-ma-qariso away from me, she's bringing gossip and hearsay that is only accumulating dambi for me " and also you'll notice them reading the Quran a lot and being very close to the masjid.

The high blood pressure and diabetis are one and the same. Too much shax and lack of diet control in our community is the catalyst. If you care about your family remove somali food away. Have less bariis, pasta, shax, hilib and xalwo. Our old heads are in a state where they don't know about the attributes of this deadly food. Food that was ok back home because we were a walking society but turn deadly here. Take control of your old heads, they raised us unconditionally it's time we look after their well being.

Brought to you by,
Menace's Journal of Medicine

They don't take heed that is the worst part of it allz3zrULC

The islaamo are dropping like flies one after the other, all you'll hear is them speak about heblaayo ayaa dhimatay because of dheegkar iyo diabetes. Two hours later it's back to all the heavenly luxuries that shouldn't be eaten at all

Does baris and basto give people diabetes coolio:dwill::fantasia2::ohreally:
Yes, baaris and baasto contributed diabetes. Consuming excessive refine(white bread, rice and pasta) carbohydrates can increase the likelihood of getting diabetes. Anything excessive is not good for your health even meat.
image.jpg
Someone who is eating balanced diet's plate should look like this.

Yes, baaris and baasto contributed diabetes. Consuming excessive refine(white bread, rice and pasta) carbohydrates can increase the likelihood of getting diabetes. Anything excessive is not good for your health even meat.View attachment 635 Someone who is eating balanced diet's plate should look like this.

Ruqiya you're speaking about excessive consumptions so what would you say if I told you I drink 5-6 cups of tea a day and I put two large spoon fulls of sugar in each time I make myself a cup of tea.

Q

Queen Carawelo

Eating hilib in the morning, then hilib for lunch with bariis or baasto then washing it down with sugary drink then eating heavy carbs for dinner contributes..

Ruqiya you're speaking about excessive consumptions so what would you say if I told you I drink 5-6 cups of tea a day and I put two large spoon fulls of sugar in each time I make myself a cup of tea.
If you continue to drink 5-6 of sweet tea everyday that will effect your health but if its just one day you will be fine. Just imagine a person who consuming 5-6 of shah plus other sweets, bariis, pasta, canjeelo, and malawax every day. This person will definitely have health problems. To stay healthy we need balance diet.

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
:angryman::angryman:
If you continue to drink 5-6 of sweet tea everyday that will effect your health but if its just one day you will be fine. Just imagine a person who consuming 5-6 of shah plus other sweets, bariis, pasta, canjeelo, and malawax every day. This person will definitely have health problems. To stay healthy we need balance diet.

stop giving your husband a saliid filled quran, qado iyo casho..you wifeys be living 20 years over your husbands because you give them subag daily and then at 57 he has a massive heart-attack

Lol you said "definetly have health problems"
Thanks for the scarey diagnosis doctor ruqiya
:francis:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts