Somali Education Leadership -- Can Abaarso be an example?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tukraq

VIP
Still morals aside this school helps somali kids giving them an education and opportunity they could never get
He was talking about puntland like we don’t already have far better schools than absaaro run by our own Ivy League diasporas lol, we don’t need these gaals when were more educated degree wise

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Desserts
The people back are gullible and have become dependant on people rather than Allah swt. I agree about foreign aid and I want the foreign countries to stop giving Somalia all aid.

We need to stop begging and start progressing

Everybody working for themselves cause nobody else Will help them

Look at somali people in Office they treat the government like a multi million company they dont give a crap about the people or whats best for them

Its sick

What does food have to do with schooling? Maybe make another thread so we can karbash you on this lol, anyways are school system may even be better than Australia’s as it was set up by a Harvard professor in gaas and ran by the highly respected prosessors in View attachment 73849

@Tukraq

Sxb, I've been to Puntland and saw these schools and if parents in Puntland could get any help in improving the quality of education for their children, these parents will seize this opportunity on both hands and will not listen to some hypocrites in Europe or in North America who object to it. This is what they struggle asking themselves in their daily lives. How can I feed my children today and you guys portray if Puntland is like Singapore. Wake up.

Tukraq

VIP
@Tukraq

Sxb, I've been to Puntland and saw these schools and if parents in Puntland could get any help in improving the education of their children, these parents will cease this opportunity on both hands and will not listen to some hypocrites in Europe or in North America who object to it. This is what they struggle with their daily lives. How can I feed my children and you guys portray if Puntland is like Singapore. Wake up.
Talk qualifications, we got Ivy League degree having professors running the show, if the Harvard and John Hopkins of the world allow our men to be professors over these whites why would we take them over our own? And also that’s rich coming from an Australian lol, I’m guessing all they teach is about crocodiles and koola bears at school:noneck: what has Australia’s “education” ever gotten them

@Tukraq

Sxb, we should find you an Australian Mermaid wife just to silence you. Murran maala yacni ayaa kaa soo hadhey.

One day, thug life is great ayaa na dhahdaa and the other day, Harvard professor ayaa nagu noqotaa.

In Somaliland, Starr has spent many years cultivating supporters and developing social networks to protect him. He’s a very strategic guy who scans the local area for powerful protectors (I know, I read his book). This is what has allowed him to function in Somaliland after a rough few years in the beginning. He will not have this network in Puntland. In the eyes of the locals there, he will just be another gaal in the NGO-circuit. I don’t think he has the energy to repeat the process of building trust in Puntland--it was long and difficult in Somaliland. So Puntland will need another Jonathan Starr. But the only issue is, there’s not very many of his type in the world —drop everything, pursue a moral cause in one of the toughest environments in Africa, preserve despite early and elevated hostility from the local population, have the competence and social networks to generate millions in donations from wealthy Wall Street types and big grants from the U.S government, run a thriving school that has placed students in places such as Harvard and Brown. Quite the achiever!

Tukraq

VIP
In Somaliland, Starr has spent many years cultivating supporters and developing social networks to protect him. He’s a very strategic guy who scans the local area for powerful protectors (I know, I read his book). This is what has allowed him to function in Somaliland after a rough few years in the beginning. He will not have this network in Puntland. In the eyes of the locals there, he will just be another gaal in the NGO-circuit. I don’t think he has the energy to repeat the process of building trust in Puntland--it was long and difficult in Somaliland. So Puntland will need another Jonathan Starr. But the only issue is, there’s not very many of his type in the world —drop everything, pursue a moral cause in one of the toughest environments in Africa, preserve despite early and elevated hostility from the local population, have the competence and social networks to generate millions in donations from wealthy Wall Street types and big grants from the U.S government, run a thriving school that has placed students in places such as Harvard and Brown. Quite the achiever!
Like I said before he won’t also be put on a pedestal by us when we have more capable people with far better degrees in our diaspora working in the education ministry for us

Like I said before he won’t also be put on a pedestal by us when we have more capable people with far better degrees in our diaspora working in the education ministry for us

You sound like an ethnic chauvinist. They don't generally make great policy choices.

@IslamIsTheAnswer

Great analysis and you are right about the struggles he faced to make this project a reality and a successful one. Kudos to the man. If Puntland authorities are smart and they do approach him with that kind of an idea, they should guarantee him that they will do all the ground and leg work in convincing the locals about the merits of the project and guaranteeing him the smooth running of the school. There is one problem. He made his school in Abaarso on merit based entry exam and didn't budge to the pressure of powerful interests to enrol their children or their relatives in that school without sitting for an exam, some poor students at that school came as far from Somalia and Ethiopia. will Puntland authorities accept such a man with such principles who wants to help their poor children?

Tukraq

VIP
@IslamIsTheAnswer

Great analysis and you are right about the struggles he faced to make this project a reality and a successful one. Kudos to the man. If Puntland authorities are smart and they do approach him with that kind of an idea, they should guarantee him that they will do all the ground and leg work in convincing the locals about the merits of the project and guaranteeing him the smooth running of the school. There is one problem. He made his school in Abaarso on merit based entry exam and didn't budge to the pressure of powerful interests to enrol their children or their relatives in that school without sitting for an exam, some poor students at that school came as far from Somalia and Ethiopia. will Puntland authorities accept such a man with such principles who wants help their poor children?
Why would puntland approach him when they like I said before are better in the education field than him lol, why not bring in our Ivy League professors who are far more successful than this nobody oh wait their already doing that lol

Tukraq

VIP
You sound like an ethnic chauvinist. They don't generally make great policy choices.
It’s common sense, maybe if you said he wants to be a teacher under a puntland run school I’ll agree, but why would we give him, A position running a school system he has no merit in taking when we have people already doing the work who are more qualified than he is?

It’s common sense, maybe if you said he wants to be a teacher under a puntland run school I’ll agree, but why would we give him, A position running a school system he has no merit in taking when we have people already doing the work who are more qualified than he is?

Your post assumes two things

(1) he has no merit

(2) there are people more qualifid in Puntland to run this type of school

Both points are wrong.

Point 1 is wrong for very obvious reasons—are you blind to the success of Abarso? And all the skills he had/gained to run a school like that? Point 2 is also wrong. Ask anyone from Somalia. The biggest shortage there is, is human resources. You appear very ignorant of how big of a problem this is. According to Abdiweli Gas, the majority of the JUDGES in Puntland can't read---that speaks to how huge an issue this is. So if basic literacy is this short in supply, can you imagine the scarcity around administrative competence, fundraising and money-management, navigating the international college acceptance system, broad international social capital to get media attention and foreign supporters, etc? There might be 5 people in Puntland who can manage something like that, and very few of them are willing to run a not-for-profit school that depends on the founder's personal money just as much as donations.

Tukraq

VIP
Your post assumes two things

(1) he has no merit

(2) there are people more qualifid in Puntland to run this type of school

Both points are wrong.

Point 1 is wrong for very obvious reasons—are you blind to the success of Abarso? And all the skills he had/gained to run a school like that? Point 2 is also wrong. Ask anyone from Somalia. The biggest shortage there is human resources. You appear very ignorant of how big of a problem this is. According to Abdiweli Gas, of the JUDGES in Puntland can't read---that speaks to how huge an issue this is. So if basic literacy is this short in supply, can you imagine the scarcity around administrative competence, fundraising and money-management, navigating the international college acceptance system, broad international social capital to get media attention and foreign supporters, etc? There might be 5 people in Puntland who can manage something like that, and very few of them are willing to run a not-for-profit school that depends on the founder's personal money just as much as donations.
I still hold point one, he’s a light weight nobody lol, absaaro isn’t a good school I don’t see the “success” your talking about, as for point 2 our schools are helped by expert consultation by our education ministers who are well versed in the area which is why our schools preform at all Africa levels lol, we don’t want this guy tell him go elsewhere, although even elsewhere wouldn’t Accept this nobody, imagine if he tried to pull this education scam in the US:chrisfreshhah: he’d need more money though like trump to pull it off:trumpsmirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending