Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
OK are reer bajuni still living there ?
Yup, they even have a seat in kismayo district and badade district
FE84BBB3-F6F9-4845-844C-A0FD23304C80.jpeg

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
From what I've heard of Maay, it sounds like it's half Maxaa and half Oromo lol
Niggas say af-maay sounds like Oromo but don’t even know what Oromo sounds like. Any dialect other than maxaa sounds Oromo? There is 20 million+ of us why can’t we accept that there is multiple SOMALI dialects.

Niggas say af-maay sounds like Oromo but don’t even know what Oromo sounds like. Any dialect other than maxaa sounds Oromo? There is 20 million+ of us why can’t we accept that there is multiple SOMALI dialects.

It's a different language sxb, too many words I don't understand.

Are you a linguistic scientist or something?

Af maay is a language saaxiib, there is a video where people who speak af maxaa tiri ( the somali you know) and those who speak af maay had to get a translator to help with communicating. Its a language but closely related to af maxaa tiri.

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
Af maay is a language saaxiib, there is a video where people who speak af maxaa tiri ( the somali you know) and those who speak af maay had to get a translator to help with communicating. Its a language but closely related to af maxaa tiri.
I refuse to believe it’s a different language even though I have no idea wtf those niggas are saying. I still believe it’s a somali dialect.

Every Somali thinks their dusty little tuulo is the standard for the language, culture, and everything.

Social media has connected us and made us realize the great variety of peoples who make up the Somali nation.

Som

VIP
Reminder.
Somali is a language group that includes tweo different languages.
Maxaa tiri(standard somali) and Maay.
Maxaa tiri is based on the northern dialect and has other dialect such as "Benadiri" or southern dialect (spoken south of galgaduud). All maxaa tiri variations are mutually intelligible. The thickest Mogadishu accent will still be understood in Djibouti or Hargeysa and vice versa.
Maay is a different language related to Somali, they have dialects as well. If spoken in it's pure from Maay and Maxaa are probably as different as Swedish and German or something like that

Trending

Latest posts