Somali culture is too harsh on women

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cityviews

The Prodigy
Another reason why I honestly think Somali women will save Somalia and not the men is because the Somali diaspora women are the only ones actively trying to change the system back home to make it better . Somali guys when they go back home , they try to maintain the system.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Another reason why I honestly think Somali women will save Somalia and not the men is because the Somali diaspora women are the only ones actively trying to change the system back home to make it better . Somali guys when they go back home , they try to maintain the system.

giphy.gif

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Which society have women led and fought a revolution?

The only hope for Somalia is a Musa like figure whom Allah swt raises amongst us

Tukraq

VIP
How would that even play out to be:mjlol:
I heard thedimeramla on ig say she’s running for president:siilaanyolaugh: and deadass said she will bring the country together with twerking:dead::dead1: this is why the female candidates lose:cosbyhmm: farmaajo was going up against that crazy UN lady, now deemo will go against thedimeramla:draketf: it’s like even when the men are bad candidates they bring worse women:dwill:

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
I heard thedimeramla on ig say she’s running for president:siilaanyolaugh: and deadass said she will bring the country together with twerking:dead::dead1: this is why the female candidates lose:cosbyhmm: farmaajo was going up against that crazy UN lady, now deemo will go against thedimeramla:draketf: it’s like even when the men are bad candidates they bring worse women:dwill:

How do those women even become candidates:drakelaugh:

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
I don’t think she wants empowerment :farmajoyaab: because Somali culture has the most empowered women ( all run businesses) while in the US only like 5 percent of ceos are women :shookgabre: she wants to be a stay at home wife but the funny thing is Somali women actually get that option too:faysalwtf: so what is she complaining about:ayaanswag:
I get her point, Somali women are doing hard labour and being housewife at same time. Being only source income and their husband is out and about gossiping to his friends.

It is time for Somali men to be stay at home father and look after their kids when their wife goes off to work.

Tukraq

VIP
I get her point, Somali women are doing hard labour and being housewife at same time. Being only source income and their husband is out and about gossiping to his friends.

It is time for Somali men to be stay at home father and look after their kids when their wife goes off to work.
Somali women’s incomes don’t go to the family:chrisfreshhah: the men do all the providing, the women get into jobs like daycare for their own personal money and because being a house wife got boring to them:mjlol:

This piece is written by a well educated Somali woman who became the Minister for women for the SFG and has seen the situation first hand with her own eyes. Her article might be written 7 years ago, but nothing much has changed since.

The women of Somalia are living in hell
Maryan Qasim.

As Somalia's women's minister I am shocked my country is ranked only the fifth worst place in the world for women .

somalia-girl-female-genit-007.jpg

A six-year-old girl undergoes female genital mutilation in Somalia – which 95% of girls aged 4 to 11 face there.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/jun/17/women-somalia-hell-worst-world

This piece is written by a well educated Somali woman who became the Minister for women for the SFG and has seen the situation first hand with her own eyes. Her article might be written 7 years ago, but nothing much has changed since.

The women of Somalia are living in hell
Maryan Qasim.

As Somalia's women's minister I am shocked my country is ranked only the fifth worst place in the world for women .

somalia-girl-female-genit-007.jpg

A six-year-old girl undergoes female genital mutilation in Somalia – which 95% of girls aged 4 to 11 face there.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/jun/17/women-somalia-hell-worst-world
fgm (the most extreme kind known as fircooni) mostly happens to reer baadiye girls. I feel so bad for miyi women, they live the harshest existence. Fgm as young girls, made to watch the sheep, carry the water while her brother does nothing. By 15 she is married off to an old man and forced to do all that on top of child birth and child rearing :(

That picture makes me so sad. Why make a little girl cry like that for a useless tradition??? H

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
Somali women’s incomes don’t go to the family:chrisfreshhah: the men do all the providing, the women get into jobs like daycare for their own personal money and because being a house wife got boring to them:mjlol:
It’s exist where women are the provider warya

Need to open your eyes why odayasha (excluding taxi drivers) at cafe during in work hours (11am to 3pm)

Because it benefits them.

Last edited:

Cityviews

The Prodigy

I can only speak about what I saw in Somalia.

Anytime I saw a diaspora dude in the suuq that I wanted to make a business with,or just hang and talk to ( Its somalia thats what you do)

I realized (99%) they were all ex gangster trash living off their mother's/fathers remittance from over seas. Some have been living in Somalia for over 5 years, yet did not
  • Help any street kids
  • empower women
  • give to charity
  • teach anyone english
  • create business/jobs
  • go to school
Thw 1% that weren't like that, were living off nepotism and had a government job ( through nepotism), and were maintaining the same oppressive system. :draketf:

What I saw was guys who were nothing in the diaspora ( The 99%), go to africa and decide to just oppress others, and feel like they have power for once. :francis: How can you ask a bakhti to give that up after being locked up in jail in America/Canada/UK and being called ?

If they did teach a kid english, they taught them swear words like , f*ck you etc. :francis:

That's the exact moment when I realized Somali women will save Somalia.

When I start my business in Africa, I'm making all my managers women wallahi. In fact in Somalia, all the businesses accountants/ the person who manages the books etc are women because they are the only ones who won't steal it for jaad.

Somalia will be saved by the Somali female diaspora, and educated Somali guys back home tired of the bullshit.

Last edited:

Cityviews

The Prodigy
Because it benefits them.

It's an evil benefit, every time I go to Africa, I spend half my pocket money feeding street kids and homeless women, I stopped feeding most homeless men because they would just use the money to go buy jaad with. :damedamn:

I would even use my family name to stop idiot locals from oppressing minorities and non somalis like innocent oromo kids wallahi. I did this as a teenager on my first trip, but those ex hoodrats living in exile in Somalia couldn't do that in 5-6 years :comeon: f*ck them. How can anyone see a homeless 8 year old and just bully them and call them dark/ugly etc, wtf is wrong with these people? :childplease:

My plan is to one day do a lot of good back home and when I die, inshallah give it to minorities and oppressed people there. I don't know why our people are so cruel to others, but come to America/Canada/UK and cry about being a fucking minority. :childplease: I think Allah is punishing Somalia for their cruelty against others wallahi.:damedamn:

Lol at @empowering.

Behaving like men, because the men in your family are useless and emasculated is not empowering.

A real man provides, protects, leads and does the heavy lifting.

Somali Women are expected to be martyrs - to give their whole being to others For what? They need to realise no ones going to reward you. For those saying they want to be both .. Huh? They’ve been reared to be housewives from day one they knew that was coming but to add the pressure of a deadbeat husband in the mix of everything. Now they have to do all the manly roles in a third world country because umm they don’t want to leave their children hungry?
What other society puts this much burden on their women? It’s truly sickening.

I can only speak about what I saw in Somalia.

Anytime I saw a diaspora dude in the suuq that I wanted to make a business with,or just hang and talk to ( Its somalia thats what you do)

I realized (99%) they were all ex gangster trash living off their mother's/fathers remittance from over seas. Some have been living in Somalia for over 5 years, yet did not
  • Help any street kids
  • empower women
  • give to charity
  • teach anyone english
  • create business/jobs
  • go to school
Thw 1% that weren't like that, were living off nepotism and had a government job ( through nepotism), and were maintaining the same oppressive system. :draketf:

What I saw was guys who were nothing in the diaspora ( The 99%), go to africa and decide to just oppress others, and feel like they have power for once. :francis: How can you ask a bakhti to give that up after being locked up in jail in America/Canada/UK and being called ******?

If they did teach a kid english, they taught them swear words like , f*ck you etc. :francis:

That's the exact moment when I realized Somali women will save Somalia.

When I start my business in Africa, I'm making all my managers women wallahi. In fact in Somalia, all the businesses accountants/ the person who manages the books etc are women because they are the only ones who won't steal it for jaad.

Somalia will be saved by the Somali female diaspora, and educated Somali guys back home tired of the bullshit.

Thank you so much for being honest. I’ve been saying those diasporas going abroad are waste of spaces bringing more problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending