Somali culture is too harsh on women

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is it women in Somalia are being so masculinized? It’s so sad seeing a mother in jilbab carrying a gun or working in construction. And I’m tired of people praising this as how strong and independent somali women are or use this to score points against other muslim cultures ( at least our women are independent yada yada) in reality this is nothing short of extreme oppression. Women are forced to do both traditionally feminine roles as the mother/ housewives along with rearing livestock and maintaining beeraha and now you see the women doing all these masculine things while wearing full jilbab! even their faces are losing femininity as all the women look harsh and beaten down.

So you telling me women in other countries don't carry guns such as police or army women and the there is no women working on construction sites even though its too hard for them. Feminism "baby"

Somali women were also sold like cattle to Saudi Arabia and other Middle-Eastern women to send money back home to able-bodied males. Somali men are one of the only groups in the world that happily accept money from a woman, whether she is working as a maid to Arabs or in the diaspora.

Other cultures would never permit such humiliation and Hassan Sheikh (the one who sold Somali women) would have to flee for his life.

Even IN Somalia, Somali women work inside and outside the house, like mules. Unappreciated, overworked and unprotected.

So you telling me women in other countries don't carry guns such as police or army women and the there is no women working on construction sites even though its too hard for them. Feminism "baby"
In full jilbab? My point is you can’t have it both ways

How can you live in a society where you expect women to be traditional Muslim women but attire but expect them to work like men, how is that fair?

Tukraq

VIP
We’re so harsh we’re the only ones having twerkathons on ig:bell: get real were the softest and least strict group on our women :gucciwhat: even gaalos don’t let their women wild out like ours:birdman: you should be thankful:manny:

@SilverL

Unfortunately, our maternal forebears also had it rough. Life has actually improved for us in modern times. I remember reading about how much a Somali woman had to do, cook, clean, build the nomadic home, give birth alone, and god knows what else. Whereas the man just herded the animals and occasionally took part of clan wars. In his free time, he brushed his hair and teeth and laid around. "Allegedly"..

Sounds familiar right?

:snoop:

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
c2cef86c38f42983859df1ac10e0bacd5dc8f7d14318a5ba3d7cb421e3ddc20d.jpg

We’re so harsh we’re the only ones having twerkathons on ig:bell: get real were the softest and least strict group on our women :gucciwhat: even gaalos don’t let their women wild out like ours:birdman: you should be thankful:manny:
That’s called not parenting. Which is actually in favor of my point.

@SilverL

Unfortunately, our maternal forebears also had it rough. Life has actually improved for us in modern times. I remember reading about how much a Somali woman had to do, cook, clean, build the nomadic home, give birth alone, and god knows what else. Whereas the man just herded the animals and occasionally took part of clan wars. In his free time, he brushed his hair and teeth and laid around. "Allegedly"..

Sounds familiar right?

:snoop:
And a lot of women trick themselves into thinking this somehow makes somali women empowered smh.

And a lot of women trick themselves into thinking this somehow makes somali women empowered smh.

Like those delusional Western women who think they can have a 50/50 relationship with a man, even though she does way more housework/child-rearing. It's the same nonsense all over the world.

I want all Muslim women to learn about their rights and start living a blessed life.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
First of all, Somalia is trying it's best and trying to recover. Yeah, it ain't even developed yet. Why are you complaining when they're not complaining themselves? Are you there spokesperson? Let them rebuild their own country and take part of its reconstruction tf!

Yeah, you could talk about issues like this if the country was ^great^ and developed, but not this time. I know what made you post this and the meme is pointed at you, not those "somali women." Do you understand it now?
I didn’t realize Somali women had all these equal rights. Please read the topic and hand carefully and you’ll figure out why that meme is moot here.

@SilverL Also define masculinity?

Being police officer or a construction worker is being masculine? WTF!!!:snoop:

Construction is tough on a man's body, let alone a woman. Men and Women are NOT created the same way. Women should be police officers in order to deal with female criminals NOT wrestle with men.

What's next for the overburdened Somali woman??

"Impregnating a woman IS the job of a woman!"--

Somali women have always worked and it has nothing to do with war. In xoolo dhaqato societies like ours, men, women, and children work. I personally see nothing wrong with that. It's why our cultures are not as harsh as others. Although I agree you on women taking on 2 roles.

Maybe men should step up and help like our Prophet (pbuh)?

Somali women have always worked and it has nothing to do with war. In xoolo dhaqato societies like ours men, women, and children work. I personally see nothing wrong with that. It's why our cultures are not as harsh as others. Although I agree you on women taking on 2 roles.

Maybe men should step out and help like our Prophet (pbuh)?

Yes.

If men emulated the prophet, we wouldn't have all the problems we have.
You have men on here constantly arguing with women and trying to compete with them, forgetting that Allah created Adam first and then Hawa from Adam.

Men are here to lead us, provide for us and protect us!

NOT insult us or make us work in the hot sun during the day like a manual labourer and then work in the house.

Allah sees all injustice and will deal with it. That's it for me in this topic.

First of all, Somalia is trying it's best and trying to recover. Yeah, it ain't even developed yet. Why are you complaining when they're not complaining themselves? Are you there spokesperson? Let them rebuild their own country and take part of its reconstruction tf!

Yeah, you could talk about issues like this if the country was ^great^ and developed, but not this time. I know what made you post this and the meme is pointed at you, not those "somali women." Do you understand it now?
Yes I will be their spokesperson. Why not? You feel the need to defend someone or something right now, can I not defend the masaakiin from amongst the women who haven’t a voice?

@Finesse I agree. They should start demanding more instead of forbearing all misery with stoic composure

Status
Not open for further replies.