Somali cultural dress

mahamdov

Nabaddoonka Somaaliyeed "
sxb we not oromos somalis sewed their own fabric and clothings, only warriors wore leopard skin as show of strenght, even in the 9th somalis were described as wearing white clothings and somali woman wearing leyered white clothings, these kinda lies are very dangerous as today somali culture is in dangers and getting rewriten
somalia exported their fabrics everywhere we were even competing with indians, are u ethnic somali? of all the nonsense ajnabi said about somali history this gotta be the funniest
View attachment 262434
View attachment 262435
View attachment 262436
I spoke with the elders of our family, and this is what they said. There was no sewing tool so how do you think people's clothes were
Only in urban areas was there canvas

Strawberry

π’šπ’π’–π’„,Soomaalinimada,π’–π’π’˜π’’π’†π’˜
no walaal that's the traditional nomadic somali culture it even pre dates guntino, it's called sadex qeyd or in the north boqor iyo dhacle
View attachment 262296
View attachment 262297
View attachment 262298
I've been trying to find out how a sadex qeyd is worn and made, and how different it is from guntiino, but I find it hard to see any blogs or websites talking about it in details; do you have credible sources I can learn from in written and video format? Thank you.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian πŸ‡©πŸ‡― | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
VIP
sxb we not oromos somalis sewed their own fabric and clothings, only warriors wore leopard skin as show of strenght, even in the 9th somalis were described as wearing white clothings and somali woman wearing leyered white clothings, these kinda lies are very dangerous as today somali culture is in dangers and getting rewriten
somalia exported their fabrics everywhere we were even competing with indians, are u ethnic somali? of all the nonsense ajnabi said about somali history this gotta be the funniest
View attachment 262434
View attachment 262435
View attachment 262436
We need to come together and write down as much as possible into books.
Don't let others come in and change our history, we need to leave physical sources rather than rely on oral history in the 21st century

I spoke with the elders of our family, and this is what they said. There was no sewing tool so how do you think people's clothes were
Well Somaliweyn is very wide...so there were many different Somali communities. Maybe ur specific community didn't have sewing tools and so they wear animal cloths.. but don't generalize this on all Somaliweyn. Because it's fact that we aren't known for wearing animal skin in the past

I've been trying to find out how a sadex qeyd is worn and made, and how different it is from guntiino, but I find it hard to see any blogs or websites talking about it in details; do you have credible sources I can learn from in written and video format? Thank you.
Try to search it in its northern name " boqor iyo dhacle"

what sub of Habar Awal are you?
Well Somaliweyn is very wide...so there were many different Somali communities. Maybe ur specific community didn't have sewing tools and so they wear animal cloths.. but don't generalize this on all Somaliweyn. Because it's fact that we aren't known for wearing animal skin in the past
there are a lot of Oromos who pretend to be HA and eventually became "incorporated", maybe he is one of them. The animal skin stuff has never been part of dhaqanka Somaliyeed

mahamdov

what sub of Habar Awal are you?

there are a lot of Oromos who pretend to be HA and eventually became "incorporated", maybe he is one of them. The animal skin stuff has never been part of dhaqanka Somaliyeed
I'm not HA All Africans wore leather at some point and then changed their costumes

I'm not HA All Africans wore leather at some point and then changed their costumes
What's your sub? I know many qoti larp as HA online.

Anyways Somalis aren't like other "Africans"
We have a unique dhaqan that's been maintained for thousands of years

mahamdov

What's your sub? I know many qoti larp as HA online.

Anyways Somalis aren't like other "Africans"
We have a unique dhaqan that's been maintained for thousands of years
HA They have nothing to do with the Ormo They are Isaaq and Dir and Somalis
And ogaaden and Gerre and gari These are the people who live with the Ormo and mix with them, so many of them don't even look Somali
And the Somalis, like the rest of the of the Horns in particular
Answer my question, before the sewing tool arrived from Egypt in the eighteenth century, how do you think clothes were made?

HA They have nothing to do with the Ormo They are Isaaq and Dir and Somalis
And ogaaden and Gerre and gari These are the people who live with the Ormo and mix with them, so many of them don't even look Somali
And the Somalis, like the rest of the of the Horns in particular
Answer my question, before the sewing tool arrived from Egypt in the eighteenth century, how do you think clothes were made?
Somali Gabooye clans most likely had sewing tools and methods of making clothing for centuries, most likely sewing techniques as silk was used for thousands of years in Somalia. This is just my hypothesis, I could be wrong but the animal skill is not dhaqan Somali. I doubt we got anything from Egypt especially as late as the eighteenth century

And it's well known there are many sheegots in HA that's why some get an Oromo Haplogroup instead of T like other HAs, and Dir's. I'm not "dissing" HA, I just know there are some who claim to be them but aren't, they are usually Qoti's.

Genetic evidence proves both oral and written historical records, don't tell me you're going to deny it now?

1680258984080.png
1680259057874.png

mahamdov

Somali Gabooye clans most likely had sewing tools and methods of making clothing for centuries, most likely sewing techniques as silk was used for thousands of years in Somalia. This is just my hypothesis, I could be wrong but the animal skill is not dhaqan Somali. I doubt we got anything from Egypt especially as late as the eighteenth century

And it's well known there are many sheegots in HA that's why some get an Oromo Haplogroup instead of T like other HAs, and Dir's. I'm not "dissing" HA, I just know there are some who claim to be them but aren't, they are usually Qoti's.

Genetic evidence proves both oral and written historical records, don't tell me you're going to deny it now?

View attachment 263469 View attachment 263470
Akiiso It is one of the Dir tribes They do not claim to be Saad Musa They live in Hargeisa and gabily
I told you that in the eighteenth century a merchant named Salih Ali brought sewing tools to Zeila from Egypt
And tailoring was not a despicable matter, but rather tailoring was famous in Barbara and Zeila
But before this, in the villages and the desert they used to wear animal skins
And in the cities they wore Arab clothes

Khaemwaset

VIP
Akiiso It is one of the Dir tribes They do not claim to be Saad Musa They live in Hargeisa and gabily
I told you that in the eighteenth century a merchant named Salih Ali brought sewing tools to Zeila from Egypt
And tailoring was not a despicable matter, but rather tailoring was famous in Barbara and Zeila
But before this, in the villages and the desert they used to wear animal skins
And in the cities they wore Arab clothes
Why would Somalis wear arab clothes before the 19th century :faysalwtf:

Are you saying that Animal skins and arab clothes was all that somalis used? You need to visit Somalia and ask some old people back home about what somalis used to wear :mahubowtf:

mahamdov

Yes, most of the Somalis who were merchants, clerics and ruling families wore the Arab dress
And I said that the Somalis used animal skins before the arrival of the sewing machine You can look at the trade records that the Yemenis recorded on the Somali coast. They did not mention anything about sending fabrics to the Somalis
It would have been clearer if the Somalis had written their own history And they were busy in the conflicts between the tribes over water

Would you dress like this?
5439319116498213986d8cddaebb64f9.jpg

or like this
XaajiSuudicropped2.png

mahamdov

I belong to a religious family, so we are fine. My ancestors didn't live in the desert and dress like Somalis

Khaemwaset

VIP
Yes, most of the Somalis who were merchants, clerics and ruling families wore the Arab dress
And I said that the Somalis used animal skins before the arrival of the sewing machine You can look at the trade records that the Yemenis recorded on the Somali coast. They did not mention anything about sending fabrics to the Somalis
It would have been clearer if the Somalis had written their own history And they were busy in the conflicts between the tribes over water

Would you dress like this?
View attachment 263475
or like this View attachment 263476
I would dress like this, a true Djiboutian
1679705328280.png

The Arabian clothing looks nice though