Somali Cuisine is the best

Garaad diinle

 
Country or state
Nah i'm gonna be made fun of. Somalis here where i live don't have the best reputation out there. Anyway i don't live in the usa. Somalis here number around 40% of the somalis living in murica so we're not that big but just like any somalis out their we're a loud minority.

Last edited:
Do we make it with beef in Somalia or 🐪
Mostly geel meat when I was there, don't know about south of Somalia tho. Funny thing is I thought it was beef the whole time until they told me it was camel, I'm like how come you didn't tell me I was breaking my wudu all this time. Lol

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Nah i'm gonna be made fun of. Somalis here where i live don't have the best reputation out there. Anyway i don't live in the usa. Somalis here number around 40% of the somalis living in murica so we're not that big but just like any somalis out their we're a loud minority.
Norway? Canada? South Africa? The Netherlands? Finland?

Sol

?
I've been telling my adeers but the second someone starts a somali restaurant with even average interior design and customer service (with waiters in uniform etc) then they'll start raking in the money :banderas:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Somalis aren't the only ones who have adapted samosas outside of India. Meat samosa/sambusa is all over the world, including numerous African and Asian countries.

Sambuusa isn’t Indian, it comes from Central Asia.

The Arabs introduced Sambuus to India.

Strawberry

𐒚𐒁𐒖𐒄,Soomaalinimada,𐒖𐒐𐒘𐒒𐒆𐒘
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Good for you
Cartoon Thumbs Up GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

maybe I should try and see if I got chance 😉

"One thing people don't know about & is very underrated is somali food ,there are many amazing places in London, but their marketing is horrible. " - Mohammed Hijab

yes we take some food from others but it perfected that food, y’all ever had indian sambusa? Disgusting
I remember like it was yesterday I was around 8 when I was at my Pakistani friends house for Ramadan & saw the triangle shaped ,fried piece of heaven . I went immediately for the sambusa to end my fast ,but instead of meat I tasted spicy potatoes.... I was traumatized for life.

@Qeelbax

Somali food is among the best cuisines in the world, the flavour balance is elite. Other ethnic groups make hilib that is too tough to chew, or their food isn't sweet enough for my liking. A lot of indian dishes are nice, but taste just like pure xawaash. I'm not a big fan of their xawaash mixes.

Somali food has the perfect balance of:

Savoury- perfect Xawaash mix
Sweet- from the cinnamon etc, in spice mix, to the sabiib and the ripe bananas.
Heat: Shigni Bisbaas- importantly, this is optional and comes as side sauce,not forced into every dish.
Fat- from the hilib, not just Oil like some other folks
Salt.

mixed.
Stop. I am salivating just reading this.

I had the best food at this restaurant in Xamar: modernised traditional Somali food in its best form: garow, soor, digir, sareen etc.

A lovely married couple from the U.K.

Cad & Caano.

Unpopular opinion, I'm not very much into Somali food, beside a few dishes :damsel:

However, nothing beats cambaabur. Though, it's mainly meant to be eaten on special occasions, I've forced my family to make it a frequent meal, that we eat regularly.

:feedme:

Unpopular opinion, I'm not very much into Somali food, beside a few dishes

However, nothing beats cambaabur. Though, it's mainly meant to be eaten on special occasions, I've forced my family to make it a frequent meal, that we eat regularly.
Could I be so bold as to hint your dear mother might have not been the best of cooks? Unless of course, you were brought up by 'dad qalatooyin alla oontu oontay ma aha' .

What is 'cambaabur'?