Somali Conflict Thru Simplicity And Universal Truth

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I see Somali civil war having many dimensions according to the different sides I have researched and found their narrative is very biased to themselves but it doesn't mean it's a complete lie, it's just not a universal truth accepted by all becuz it creates arguments. But according to clan contribution I see it this way.

1. Absame. Bringing this Somalinimo idealogy through Sayid Abdulle 150 years ago. No such concept existed and till today, 150 years later it's led to destruction and hatred and state failure. In-fact it has mentally colonized Somalis to not even question it but WORK within it and create systems like SYL-Kacan-Federalism. I don't see any redemption this clan has done but to look away and focus on it's other homeland in DDS-Kenya while clan blaming.

2. Marehan. Siyad Barre govt. This causes an uproar nationally clan to clan in support and opposition. Those who support argue, nothing better came post siyad. Others argue he came to power un-elected even tho it was a blood-less coup and isolated and persecuted clans(up for debate who started it). This clan has joined Nation building post 91 even tho political differences on Somali future system exist

3. Majerten. SYL centralization govt legacy and copying the colonial structure, criticized as highly clannish and nepotistic based era. It also Left behind this legacy of 1 Somali govt for this already cancerous Somalinimo idealogy. You can't overlook Their clan drumming in 1978 thru SSDF that arose all clan rebel groups to go tribal. Even tho people argue they had a govt replacement agenda not clan genocide but so did Siyad Barre govt, he wasn't killing people becuz of clans either if they didn't rebel. This clan claims it has atoned itself by bringing the Federal govt in Mogadishu

4. Hawiye and Isaaq. These clans post 91 shoulder all the blame because Darod hasn't launched any offensive war on them and retreated and assumed only a defensive posture according to all conflicts witnessed post 91. These clans brought warlord, terrorism, looting also and clan dimension to the conflict. This is different to SSDF or Marehan govt who only wanted to remain in power or replace the government, clan genocide or looting wasn't apart of their manifesto.

Trending

Latest posts