Somali complaining about being rejected from a modelling agency because of her hijab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halima Aden, former contestant of Miss Minnesota pageant, is signed to IMG, the largest modelling agency in the US.
74dc400d008fd087e4ca8cb48a9a8e8c.jpg

Shahira Yusuf is signed to Storm Management, the biggest modelling agency in the UK.
_100257462_de20.jpg
But they are gorgeous, and she is beautiful but not really model material and that’s fine.

Im all about supporting my Somali sisters but ever since Halima Aden got signed so many think they can follow in her footsteps. It's getting a bit annoying.

And she is pretty in her own way, stop hating.

Do models like Halima Addn get paid a lot? I'm ignorant about these things so wondering how much cash she's rolling in

Do models like Halima Addn get paid a lot? I'm ignorant about these things so wondering how much cash she's rolling in
Halima Aden is currently one of the bigger models, so yes she get's paid a lot
However, it's not like she's a supermodel or anything, yet.

The modest clothing industry/Muslima clothing industry is estimated at 45 billion dollars.

I think you would make more if you niched and help fill gaps in the market instead.

Not everyone can become a model. But everyone needs clothes.
:gaasdrink:

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I hope she achieves her dreams of making it, I think she is definitely model material and I am rooting for her :)

She's not pretty. Every hijabi wants to be like Halima, Somalis can't be original. She looks like a transgender.
In the era of inclusivity and diversity , is it even about being pretty anymore ? Apparently obese and not-so good looking ethnic people have as much right to be a model as anyone else . Even transgender men are now displayed on modelling magazines.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
The modest clothing industry/Muslima clothing industry is estimated at 45 billion dollars.

I think you would make more if you niched and help fill gaps in the market instead.

Not everyone can become a model. But everyone needs clothes.
:gaasdrink:

In other words the annual clothing spend per capita of muslim women is $95?

Everyone thinks they are entitled to things and forget that working hard and struggling for your goal /dream is key to success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending