Somali Civil War From USC Perspective

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
This is Somali civil war perspective from the USC in it's early stages. I am not going to cover 1960-1991 or any Pre-Somalia history era which are interesting periods to study and gather knowledge on as it gives you a fuller picture of why our nation is in this mess to begin with. I will cover the 1991-2004 period only.

According to the USC perspective the civil war happened because of many factors that built up against Siyad Barre. The loss to Ethiopia was a big factor plus Siyad didn't even have any veteran benefit programs in place, he just displaced them those who served the nation to fend for themselves. Infact their events he apparently killed 'many' like the Infamous 17 Majerten Officers who were attempting to do a coup on him, while the rest of the Majerten officers fled the nation.

They note it was the SNM who challenged Siyad next and fled to Ethiopia. Even Muse Bihi was some lieutenant colonel of Somali airforce(I didn't know that), he was apart of the fleeing Isaaq officers who abadoned the Siyad Barre military institution. So the facts so far is Majerten and Isaaq abadoned the military machine of Siyad Barre and after such time created the 'Rebel groups' with assistance from Ethiopia who had no intention of Somali state ever being formed again.

After they left, Siyad wasn't confident with his military institutions being manned by Hawiye officers as a result Siyad brought in M-O-D which is code word for Marehan-Ogaden-Dhulbahante, this triggered Hawiye officers to revolt and leave the military institutions and begin forming Rebel groups overseas.

Now it was these M-O-D who turned the civil war into 'darod vs hawiye' and Hawiye argue Siyad didn't have any other clans 'except' darod in his military in high ranking positions, there was no Majerten nor Isaaq nor Hawiye. So Siyad cleverly realized the situation opposition wise looked more 'nationalistic' then the 'm-o-d' Faction that looks tribal.

So apparently he basically concoted the darod vs hawiye civil war, It was siyad who called for it and said the war against him is on 'darod' reasons and he began to switch the war from being 'anti regime' to 'darod vs hawiye' thing. Hawiye then responded by killing all Darods because Siyad made the war into such. @PuntiteQueen also hold this position in many post arguing it's these 'sade' who make us conflict with Hawiye and it was kind of confirmed on hawiye narrative also.

Anyways He said Morgan and his small 'batch' of Majerten rescued Siyad Barre and took him out of Mogadishu into 'Garbarharrey'. Siyad apparently was asked how do you feel the clan you were politically isolating, murdering, raping, has just rescued you today and your own clan fled you in the presidential palace. Siyad apparently joked and 'laughed' with his 'unique' laughter and remarked Majerten are very 'forgetful people and are like a macawis, when you dirty your macawis, you can buy a new one' He meant even if you ruin your relationship with Majerten, there is so Many Majertens who will clean the slate and re-start a working relationship with you, so it doesn't matter if you kill, rape, torture them because there is another majerten who will forget all that and save you.

So there u go boys that is the Hawiye Narrative without anything added on my part.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Oh I forgot Some points my maternal uncles raised. They say the Hawiye elders were killed and precisely 74 hawiye elders were holding a grand Hawiye elders conference in early 90's in Mogadishu and were targetted by American airforces who mistook the meeting as a Aideed support conference, the Hawiye argue this was all calculated by the Americans to destroy the 'elder fabric' of the hawiye clan and leave behind a hawiye clan with no traditional or final authority, which the Hawiye are still stuck in this situation till today.

They also argue after the USC entered Hamar and defeated 'M-O-D' there was no other Darod fighting them at the time plus M-O-D was seriously outnumbered and not in they're home region, plus had to manage 'northern war front' at the same time. It's like sending 500 Somalis to military manage 20 million Amhara in Amhara heart-land, long term wise, they stand no chance holding the territory. M-O-D were also in the same situation in Mogadishu, they were outside their respective regional homelands plus they also had the northern front to manage which added just un-necessary pressure. Majerten were not involved at all in this stage of the war.

Majerten only showed up after the Darod and Hawiye thing happened and joined the Djibouti conference and elected Ali Mahdi as President of Somalia, according to my murusade relatives, they say this was a tactic by Majerten to create hawiye vs hawiye warfare which happened for 6 months between Ali Mahdi loyalists the Abgaal and Aideed Loyalist HG. He successfully broke apart USC which was their goal and made Hawiye revert to warlordism and no government till Abdillahi Yusuf showed up in 2004-2009 period with the federal government we have today.

Please note none of the above are views held or endorsed by me, I am merely trying to collect data from all sides and probability analysis it for truth

Latest posts