Somali changes his arabic/Persian name to a Somali name

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
Nationalism and all of its manifestations are nothing more then a malignant cancers.

If your going to be proud of something that was never in your hand to begin with, at least it's understandable if it's some glorious powerful nation that has done a lot of good for the world which you contributed towards, or a nation that has at least benefited you personally.

Our country has done none of this but rather the complete opposite.

To show pride in this at the expense of your glorious deen which is the only thing that gives you dignity today and boast about this in public, is the worst form of abomination.
You can show pride in your deen and your culture so long as you're culture doesn't contradict your deen Allah made us into many nations with different skin tones features and languages Allah had the power to make us all look the same but he didn't Nabi Muhammad left the pre Islamic Arab many of their customs and traditions because they didn't contradict the deen he could of easily erased their whole past but he didn't why? Ask yourself these questions

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
A lot of people need to realize Islamic names are not Arabic. They have Jewish origins and named after Jewish prophets.

If you want to keep your roots that is fine but don't spread this false notion and tie our religion with a particular culture.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
A lot of people need to realize Islamic names are not Arabic. They have Jewish origins and named after Jewish prophets.

If you want to keep your roots that is fine but don't spread this false notion and tie our religion with a particular culture.
The name of the prophets in the Koran are different in the Torah

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
The name of the prophets in the Koran are different in the Torah

Actually very similar. They're the same prophets and the names have Jewish origins. Even the Rabbis confirm it for us.

Pagan Arabs never used those names until Islam was brought to Arabia.

There was no islam before Mohamed sxb. Islam is a plagiarism of the Bible and is nothing but Arab ideology

False.

I know why you became a gaal sxb is because you follow your desires.

Just remember the Bible prophecies a coming prophet in Arabia who is the descendent of Kedar and on top of that, a prophet makes prophecies and so far many recorded sources from different scholars and different time periods shows that Muhammed is indeed the true prophet whether you like it or not.

Last edited:
These diaspora nationalist think that being pro-Somali means to position oneself in this weird dichotomy with everything Arab. Can't Somalis just be, and not define themselves in contrast to the "other"? It's a sign of internalized inferiority.

Somali language is the oldest and richest of all languages spoken in the World today. We should be proud of it and name our children ancienst Somali names as they have barako and meaning.

Attachments

• 1DAB29AB-318A-47DA-907C-CD35AC4DC49E.jpeg
    1DAB29AB-318A-47DA-907C-CD35AC4DC49E.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 60

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
What's wrong with changing your name to a cultural one
No intention to disrespect the Arabs
But we somalis are over exaggerating these people taking their names adopting their culture
Abandoning our ancient tradition all this in the name of Islam ?
What more complicated can it get just to please an Arab that sees you as an inferior creature
It's like we worship them instead the creator Allah swt
We will even invite one of the worst arabs and let a murderer arab or a qaniis arab lead our prayers .
Somalis keep on saying their names and culture are inferior due to Arabs being blessed
It's like our people suffer from cognitive dissonance

I would never name my son Abdi or any name associated with Arabic because that will f*ck up his life ruin his self esteem I don't want that

Macalin M

Out here
06822F45-B02C-4487-B756-DD8D59794520.png

Shame on you who qashin my post. Imagine the disrespect on your parents face after you changed your name. Keep the name your parents give you. Stop being disrespectful in order to please your nationalistic friends.

If your name is ‘Mohamed Rooble’ and you change it to ‘Samatar Rooble’ and call your child Cilmi.

I will make sure I find that child and tell him his name is ‘Cilmi Mohamed Rooble’ not ‘Cilmi Samatar Rooble’ (which is his fake name)
BE47346A-DAB2-4400-B065-584131D2146A.jpeg

Trending

Latest posts