Somali-Canadian entrepreneur making moves in the tech industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
Start a consulting company.

No wonder Somali NGOs have a problem with Admin costs, everyone is after salary.

Come join us in the capitalist end.
Taking a salary is not bad as long as its reasonable. Lol their is no such thing as a ngo that doesnt have admin costs lol.

Reer-Bari

Plus my goal for the ngo is to focus on funding for electricity production facilities. My salary will come from the profit made from the electricty produced. Inshalah. For example. If i get funding to build and operate a 1mw solar plant. I will sell the electricity for about 15 cents which is on par with international prices. I will sell to local energy providers as long as they average the cost im selling it to them for and their cost which is 1usd. This will slowly bring down the national costs of energy

Reer-Bari

Bro my impact on this world and in my country is worth more to me than any amount of money.

Bro my impact on this world and in my country is worth more to me than any amount of money.

But NGOs don't create jobs.

It's a giant welfare cheque that stops when the donor tells you to kick rocks.

I have disdain for aid and NGOs. We need jobs creators not donor tuugers.

Last edited:

Reer-Bari

But NGOs don't create jobs.

It's a giant welfare cheque that stop when they donor tells you to kick rocks.

I have disdain for aid and NGOs. We need jobs creators not donor tuugers.
Relax. Take a breather my friend and read what i said. My ngo pays for itself after its initial funding. Once i get enough funding to build a 1mw facility. It will pay the admin and operation cost. It will even bring in money for further development. Obama and the world leaders signed the climate change pact in which they promised trillions in gunding for renewables. Im just trying to get the initial funding throught that. And than i will be a self sustainable ngo. Which is unheard of in somalia.

Reer-Bari

Just pray for my success. And the success of every other person who is tryna help our people. Your jumping the gun and judging by just reading wat i said in the first sentence. Dont judge but instead advice. I hope you suceed as well.

Relax. Take a breather my friend and read what i said. My ngo pays for itself after its initial funding. Once i get enough funding to build a 1mw facility. It will pay the admin and operation cost. It will even bring in money for further development. Obama and the world leaders signed the climate change pact in which they promised trillions in gunding for renewables. Im just trying to get the initial funding throught that. And than i will be a self sustainable ngo. Which is unheard of in somalia.

Bisinka. Are you going to get Aid money and invest it into a business cloaked as an NGO? Isn't that fraud?

You heart is in the right place but your mind is in your ass. If you're getting into renewables and especially electricity people will always have to pay for it. Don't be shy about charging for services when you're creating jobs. A self sustaining model only exists in business, when the company doesn't need to raise outside capital to help it grow. This isn't an NGO, it's a business.

Reer-Bari

Bisinka. Are you going to get Aid money and invest it into a business cloaked as an NGO? Isn't that fraud?

You heart is in the right place but your mind is in your ass. If you're getting into renewables and especially electricity people will always have to pay for it. Don't be shy about charging for services when you're creating jobs. A self sustaining model only exists in business, when the company doesn't need to raise outside capital to help it grow. This isn't an NGO, it's a business.
Do your research. The reason why its called a not for profit is so indivuals dont profit of it. As long as the profits go back into your programs and initiatives. Its legal. I always suggest research before addressing topics you arnt familiar with

Reer-Bari

So self sustainability is achievable in npo/ngos. Its just that most organizations find it easier too beg. Larry just admit you jumped the gun and spoke on something you know nothing about. Is it hard too apoligize. Your the type to stick to your guns even though you know your talking out of your ass lol.

Do your research. The reason why its called a not for profit is so indivuals dont profit of it. As long as the profits go back into your programs and initiatives. Its legal. I always suggest research before addressing topics you arnt familiar with

Okay sorry.

Focus on NGOs. I'm heading back to market where it's for profit.

Toodles,

Reer-Bari

Okay sorry.

Focus on NGOs. I'm heading back to market where it's for profit.

Toodles,

Been there done that. Just make sure you buy and sell halal stocks. Cuz haraam money is a curse. Thats the only reason i am not going back into day trading or even swing trading. And when you get rich. Give back to your people instead of judging people who are actually attempting to do something for humanity and the welfare of people in an intelligent and effective way. I was a fan untill today. Very dissapointing.

Been there done that. Just make sure you buy and sell halal stocks. Cuz haraam money is a curse. Thats the only reason i am not going back into day trading or even swing trading. And when you get rich. Give back to your people instead of judging people who are actually attempting to do something for humanity and the welfare of people in an intelligent and effective way. I was a fan untill today. Very dissapointing.

What you mentioned was great. Renewables are the future of Somalia.

I just go completely deaf in both ears when I hear the letters NGOs. I'm amazed I keep replying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts