Somali-Canadian entrepreneur making moves in the tech industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
That was soo tense :drakelaugh:he was holding his laptop with his right hand by purpose :lolbron:Shout out to him tho :salute:

Godbless shopify.

When you open a store on Shopify and build a brand, nobody knows or cares if your Black, Muslim, African or Somali. This is also the same when you enter the app world or even invest in Stocks. Everything boils down to results and who is on your team.

Somalis who focus on results and cut out calacaal will find the opportunities around them are endless.

I think this is the Same Roble that designed an App several years ago that was for android keyboards. He made killing off the 2$ downloads.

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
Www.Boodharimills.Com is a somali Canadian partnership. They are selling their equity stocks for 250 per share. They tryna build a Flour production company in berbera with multiple offices in Canada somalia and the uk

I think boodhari are a fraud.
It sounds too good to be true.
Some how the maths doesn’t add up.

This is a great way to raise capital. The private equity model is great, but the long term issues is oversight and independent regulatory institutions that can protect investors.

Somalia is filled with Great Ideas. There's just no capital to back them.

Reer-Bari

This is a great way to raise capital. The private equity model is great, but the long term issues is oversight and independent regulatory institutions that can protect investors.

They are registered and incorporated in canada so their investors are somewhat protected

Dhay Geel

"Aar kow Dheh"

It’s a great idea, but is it going to work?
I was just on their website. They want to import the wheat that is to be used as flour.
Is that sustainable?

I’ll go to their event inshallah then I should have a more clear image.

Reer-Bari

Wait what?

So they will pay double tax? In Somaliland and Canada?
Im not sure but i think as long as your factory and operations is overseas you might not be obligated to pay taxes in canada regarding production. But i dont know im not sure

Reer-Bari

And as long your bringing in investment regarding self sustainability im pretty sure you can mimimize the taxes you pay in somalia through negotiationing with the local government

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Even if Farmaajo doesn't get far with Al Shabaab at the very least I hope he creates some legislation that would make it easier for people to create tech start-ups and have some rule of law they can rely on for contracts, banking & investments.

Plenty of great ideas in Somalia and we could easily scale them to cater to a large chunk of East Africa but no is willing to trust anyone that isn't part of their clan unfortunately.

Simple business & contract laws will unlock billions of dollars in Somalia and will probably get Farmaajo more allies and leverage.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
And as long your bringing in investment regarding self sustainability im pretty sure you can mimimize the taxes you pay in somalia through negotiationing with the local government

That's if those local politicians care about the future of their region.

Most just want to get paid today and leave the people to fend for themselves tomorrow.

At this stage in Somalia you can only be pragmatic and pay the bribes to get some tax relief instead of hoping for a public tax exemptions policy for certain types of investments like in Ethiopia.

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
I was just on their website. They want to import the wheat that is to be used as flour.
Is that sustainable?

I have my doubts about the whole thing. There's not much info, except a poorly made video.

Is that sustainable?

Somewhat sustainable. The domestic supply chain has no Wheat growers.

Im not sure but i think as long as your factory and operations is overseas you might not be obligated to pay taxes in canada regarding production. But i dont know im not sure

If your business is registered in Canada and business is done overseas you're paying full corporate tax rates.

Reer-Bari

Somewhat sustainable. The domestic supply chain has no Wheat growers.

If your business is registered in Canada and business is done overseas you're paying full corporate tax rates.
Ok i wasnt aware of that. I was thinking of registering a notforprofit in canada but operating in somalia. So the tax applies to me as well initially untill i get approved as a charity which takes time.

Reer-Bari

Wtf are you doing charity work for?
Its regarding renewable energy. Anarobic digestion, solar, and wind. Im already in that field. Im just tryna promote renewables in somali. Get a small salary from that while im working on my other stuff.

Its regarding renewable energy. Anarobic digestion, solar, and wind. Im already in that field. Im just tryna promote renewables in somali. Get a small salary from that while im working on my other stuff.

Start a consulting company.

No wonder Somali NGOs have a problem with Admin costs, everyone is after salary.

Come join us in the capitalist end.

Reer-Bari

Im focusing on cheap power generation. Thats the key. It will open the floodgates for other opportunities when the price of electricity is affordable. I am against all these diasporas coming back and opening up restuarants, hotels, etc. I believe in manufacturing and mass production. And the only way that would be attractive to investors is if energy is affordable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending