Somali brothers, let’s bring this back!

I genuinely think those clothes should be reserved only for weddings and other special occassions like delegations etc.

this gives me a nice opportunity to spread my agenda again, a somali daily wear alternative!

check it out!

That's an Omani bisht. Only worn by chiefs and nobles. The average Somali had two sheets or cloth or just looked like this.

View attachment 327032
Unfortunately, there are some who mistakenly attribute this clothing to foreign cultures like the Arab(thawb), Turkish(Kaftan), Levantine(Jubba), Arabian(bisht) etc. But after a lot of research, it's clear that this is an authentic and exclusive expression of Somali identity and culture. Weirdly enough non of the doubters took into consideration the amazing royal clothing produced and worn natively in the Horn of Africa, particularly Ethiopia's royal clothing?

The specific period between 1970 - present saw this majestic attire completely disappear from both our elites and religious class as they adopted military attires due to communism and Middle-Eastern fashion due to the petrol dollar influence. This style of clothing with their specific patterns and colourful turbans needs to make a comeback and we can start by wearing this at weddings and national days, this how a lot of the traditional attires of the world have survived;

I have made a discovery regarding this attire. I’ll make a post about it on this thread soon. Wonderful video btw