Somali boys soo gala - serious thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a nephew who is a proper miskiin, mashaAllah. He is a good kid, getting good grades and seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

Age wise we're about 10 years apart and I know he likes me the most out of his Aunts - I'm the cool Aunt.
raw

But fr though I'm the only one who hears him out and takes him on trips together. Everybody else still treats him like a kid.

Anyway, he has low self-esteem. I can tell because he has always had a thing about his weight (he is acc very normal and when he grows taller is going to have a very nice build, inshaAllah) and he's reaching that self-conscious age.

As young men, what helped you grow up? What would you have wished your older siblings/aunts/uncles did for you? Is there anything anybody said that inspired you and made you a better person? If your teen years were rough - what would have kept you on the path to success?

I have a nephew who is a proper miskiin, mashaAllah. He is a good kid, getting good grades and seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

Age wise we're about 10 years apart and I know he likes me the most out of his Aunts - I'm the cool Aunt.
raw

But fr though I'm the only one who hears him out and takes him on trips together. Everybody else still treats him like a kid.

Anyway, he has low self-esteem. I can tell because he has always had a thing about his weight (he is acc very normal and when he grows taller is going to have a very nice build, inshaAllah) and he's reaching that self-conscious age.

As young men, what helped you grow up? What would you have wished your older siblings/aunts/uncles did for you? Is there anything anybody said that inspired you and made you a better person? If your teen years were rough - what would have kept you on the path to success?
Introduce him to different hobbies. sort of like trial an error, he is bound to enjoy something. I was a chubby kid aswell, puberty will definitely change him. If he is really bothered about his weight, establish a healthy eating diet and get him into a fun high activity sport...

Introduce him to different hobbies. sort of like trial an error, he is bound to enjoy something. I was a chubby kid aswell, puberty will definitely change him. If he is really bothered about his weight, establish a healthy eating diet and get him into a fun high activity sport...

He isn't chubby, I think he has body dysmorphia or something because he is not as big as he thinks he is. He eats very well and good portions. He plays football and enjoys playing video games. He has good friends.

I meant more about self-esteem building things specific for boys. I know it's really important to tell a girl how pretty she is while she is growing up and complimenting her. Is it the same for boys? Do growing boys appreciate that?

Mike Hunt

Astra incliant sed non obligant
Growing up i just learned from other peoples mistakes, being the only man in my household, i had to look out for my sisters, looking out for them along with making money to support they're habits made me grow up fast, i also always kept a girlfriend from a young age aswell that always helped me stay away from the dumb shit going on around me.

In my opinion you should help him set a few realistic goals and follow through with them i.e going to the gym a few times a week, finishing a book a month etc, also if you can, help him land a part time job. He plays football and has a good social circle so that's a plus for him.

Reward him for accomplishing his goals with things like praise and money(not too much). Getting paid for working and getting rewarded by you for accomplishing his goals will help put him on track to maturing the right way.

lol if you're really a cool aunt introduce him to a girl his age, i'm sure his self esteem will go through the roof within a few weeks.

Last edited:
Excuse me I am not going to take my 13 year old nephew to a strip club nor introduce him to a girl. Are there even any Muslims left on this forum can you guys be srs plez?

ace mooha

Up and coming sniper.
Acudubillah naa don't call me gaal..!!

Take the lil nigga to a strip club or slap his ass and tell him to lose weight

You can get him into Martial arts classes. Ask him what he likes maybe he will enjoy Swimming or Soccer? Reading your thread warmed my heart btw you are such a sweet aunt. May Allah bless you both ameen.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
You're turning him into a softie. He needs to hang out with your brother or any older male to show him the ropes

It's normal part of adolescence, he will grow out of it eventually. Last thing I would want is an eedo intervening idc how cool she is :holeup:

raw

He needs a older male role model. This is why fathers are very important

rabshole

Aragaani
Martial arts classes that is what he need.
He has to learn inuu rag wax la qeybsado at this age its crucial that he does.:fittytousand:

He needs a older male role model. This is why fathers are very important

He has a great father but it's that tough 'I'll put you in your place if you disrespect your mother/ mess up' kinda dad. He's good but I think my nephew needs someone to tell him he's doing good.

Martial arts classes that is what he need.
He has to learn inuu rag wax la qeybsado at this age its crucial that he does.:fittytousand:

He used to do karate but he got bored of it. He has a very short attention span and lacks control when it comes to those types of activities. But maybe he was just too young at the time.

We go bike riding together every once in a while. He enjoys that.

You're turning him into a softie. He needs to hang out with your brother or any older male to show him the ropes

He is the eldest nephew. Apart from his father, there are no men that are older than him. He only has his Aunts, really.

When my male cousins came around, one of them straight up bullied him and called him fat repeatedly. I actually got into a physical fight with the male cousin over him. Nobody comes for my little cub.

He is the eldest nephew. Apart from his father, there are no men that are older than him. He only has his Aunts, really.

When my male cousins came around, one of them straight up bullied him and called him fat repeatedly. I actually got into a physical fight with the male cousin over him. Nobody comes for my little cub.
Thats the problem. You need to stop saving him. Tell him to stand up for himself even if it means fighting back

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP

There's a saying "boys will be boys", the cousin is sparring with him, not your place to intervene.

I urge you to throw his lot with the cousins. Even male cubs need to leave the pride one day

Status
Not open for further replies.