Somali beard culture

Som

VIP
What is the traditional view of beards among Somalis?
I'm talking about our traditional culture.
Some cultures like arabs traditionally always had beards while Romans for example were traditionally clean shaven.
Most Somali men 19th and 20 century pics are beardless, only sheikhs have facial hairs so this suggests that traditional Somalis generally preferred a clean shaven stule
Even today beards seem to be acceptable only if you are a wadaad or an elder (40 years old +).Somalis generally have less facial hair than arabs and cadaans, but it's pretty weird for a nomadic culture to shave so often.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
12.jpg

I think its because most Somali men are not very hairy. I have (light) hair on my chest and forearms and I've noticed this is not common among somali guys. I think having some facial and chest hair is a key part of being a man, i low key disrespect guys who look like naked mole rats

VixR

Veritas
I think its because most Somali men are not very hairy. I have (light) hair on my chest and forearms and I've noticed this is not common among somali guys. I think having some facial and chest hair is a key part of being a man, i low key disrespect guys who look like naked mole rats
It’s levels. Some hair is good, but if I had to pick between relatively hairless and hairier than a mofo, the former wins.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
It’s levels. Some hair is good, but if I had to pick between relatively hairless and hairier than a mofo, the former wins.

So clean shaven civilized is your deal? Nice choice.

VixR

Veritas
So clean shaven civilized is your deal? Nice choice.
I was talking about body hair lol. I’m flexible, ultimately he can do whatever he wants, but don’t like full beards, bc I feel like I can’t see his face and it’s out of view, unless he alternates. He likes stubble and clean shaven, which I like.

Sometimes he does something like this, which is nice for a while:
e54a2792-f955-4a67-a159-618315fe2291.jpg

But I don’t like this:
Full-Beard-Style.jpg

My brother has this lol, and his wife loves it. And it looks good on him, but for me I wouldn’t. Too hidden.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
I'm hella hairy. Hairier then a lot of Arabs in fact. That T1a did me good.

Somalis in the past preferred clean shaven, that has changed now due to religion and western fashion trends.

I see a lot of Somali guys with good thick beads, 10-15 yrs ago that was not the case.

Trending