Somali army then vs now

Taliso

Nin aan cilay ba I cayaa.
VIP
They're actually trying and fighting for their country. It's easy for you to judge while sitting comfortably in a western world.

E2eJpg6WYAAmJ4c.jpeg

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I feel like Somalis lost rhythm. Their marching seems less in unison in the 2021 example. They also seem a little shorter.

They lost discipline, more like. Or there's no longer a dictator to fear who will have you locked up with fire ants if you displease him.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
They lost discipline, more like. Or there's no longer a dictator to fear who will have you locked up with fire ants if you displease him.

There was a time that most military officers received their training abroad mostly in the former USSR and to a lesser extent Syria, Egypt, Iraq, the UK and Italy.

gimme a juggernaut, ac 130, and 2 drones im walking through the somali national army like cheddar cheese :mjlol:

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Although we were a Soviet ally for years we didn't got any of Soviet military style, look at this parade, it's just, excellent :wow:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Why do they march like that, just walk as the US army does. Don't copy the Germans.

Please feel free to eviscerate me if I'm wrong but I feel like I see fair number of out of shape troops. A couple of somewhat small bellies and skinny fat looking types.

What went wrong? simple, a vile creature decided to use the army to butcher it's own people. It's happened throughout Africa at one point or another in the last 60 years.

Trending