Somali army remains 'incapable' of dislodging Al-Shabaab, US says

Somali army remains 'incapable' of dislodging Al-Shabaab, US says

Somali officials “failed to implement vital national security reforms", the report observes.

Somalia's army remains “incapable” of ousting Al-Shabaab from its strongholds, enabling the insurgents to exercise continued control over large parts of the country, the US State Department said on Wednesday.
As another indication of failure to stifle
Shabaab militants after 13 years of counterinsurgency warfare, the Al-Qaeda-affiliated group last year carried out more than 1,000 attacks inside Somalia and in northern Kenya, the State Department noted in its Country Reports on Terrorism 2019.
The Somalia section of the annual global survey estimates that Al-Shabaab has between 7,000 and 9,000 members.

Somali officials “failed to implement vital national security reforms and pass legislation that could help enhance the government’s capacity to secure and govern effectively at all levels,” the report observes.

They throw the Vietnamese rulers of Mogadishu a few bones and call them “willing partners” but you can tell reading this that the US state department is losing hope in any form of Somali democratic governance. :deadosama:

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
On the contrary. All I see is the worried look of a master as the SNA kills it's apprentice.

They just recently killed a midget napalese commander of Al's shabaab. Like literally I had to look that shit up. They let a midget lead those khat head traitors.

Hence why the us is barking. They are afraid of loosing their failed state and leverage in the region.

Somalis aren’t good fighters:russ: we’re just too stupid to duck when bullets start flying

Don't ever disrespect us like that. You think somalis who have been fighting their whole lives and who've seen their comrades die don't know how to duck and shoot? Somalis are fearless warya. Even black water mercenaries said they have seen nothing like somalis before. They don't retreat under heavy fire, they don't get scared and scatter when their friends drop. In the words of a black water mercenary, "they keep coming, they keep coming man, until I had to run away".

Last edited:
Don't ever disrespect us like that. You think somalis who have been fighting their whole lifes and who've seen their comrades die don't know how to duck and shoot? Somalis are fearless warya. Even black water mercenaries said they have seen nothing like somalis before. They don't retreat under heavy fire, they don't get scared and scatter when their friends drop. In the words of a black water mercenary, "they keep coming, they keep coming man, until I had to run away".
We're lacking in leadership not courage. I agree with you 100%.

Don't ever disrespect us like that. You think somalis who have been fighting their whole lifes and who've seen their comrades die don't know how to duck and shoot? Somalis are fearless warya. Even black water mercenaries said they have seen nothing like somalis before. They don't retreat under heavy fire, they don't get scared and scatter when their friends drop. In the words of a black water mercenary, "they keep coming, they keep coming man, until I had to run away".
:drakelaugh::drakelaugh:
I don’t deny that. It’s just that bravery and stupidity are two sides of the same coin and most Somali askaris probably can’t comprehend danger due to 68iq

AarHawd_7

North-West, London
Wallahi, I feel sorry I wished better for the people in the South. They deserve better than all these caado qaatayaal FGS ministers who are government during daytime but turn in to Abu Al Shabaab when the sun goes down.

Al Shabaab, Bantu invasion, Ethiopians occupying chunk of the South, Kenya and USA bombing poor farmers. An absolute mess. It’s time the .5 tribes unite and get these Daarood & Hawiye off the throne. Most of these so called MP’s work for foreign countries interest in exchange for dollars $$.

As long as they keep neglecting poor .5 tribes for Hawiye & Daarood interest these families will still hand over their boys to go fight for Al Shabaab.

:drakelaugh::drakelaugh:
I don’t deny that. It’s just that bravery and stupidity are two sides of the same coin and most Somali askaris probably can’t comprehend danger due to 68iq

:gucciwhat:
Look at this 68 iq. They are brave because they are after something and have enough motivation to do it. They are not throwing down their weapons and throwing themselves in enemy fire. Stop with the self-hate.

Trending