Somali Architecture Thread

Facts said:

Dumper and Stanley are both historians, therefore their claims are verified. Their views go align with Mohamed Haji Mukhtar who you keep ignoring including Abdullahi Abdurahman, Njoku and other historians I have quoted from who all have scholarly research. You're discrediting them with baseless opinions and nobody gives a damn.

You quote Cassanelli who only records traditions. That is not historical. Now get lost. :icon arrow:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Phd is no guarantee of accuracy, Baadiyow and Stanley being prime examples. Do we have to go through that again?
Among other things, Mukhtar lists the 1721 support the Banaadir ports gave the Omanis against the Portuguese. Why would that have been? You like to ignore the Portuguese fort at Bandel, within three miles of Mog, and the Portuguese lighthouse at Baraawe, where the Portuguese maintained an agent. Read Sydney Welch for the Spanish and Portuguese archives. The Portuguese were still a power on the coast until 1729.

Last edited:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
A Phd is no guarantee of accuracy, Baadiyow and Stanley being prime examples. Do we have to go through that again?
Among other things, Mukhtar lists the 1721 support the Banaadir ports gave the Omanis against the Portuguese. Why would that have been? You like to ignore the Portuguese fort at Bandel, within three miles of Mog, and the Portuguese lighthouse at Baraawe, where the Portuguese maintained an agent. Read Sydney Welch for the Spanish and Portuguese archives. The Portuguese were still a power on the coast until 1729.

Yes, we've been through this so stop repeating the same nonsense I have debunked, already.

PhD is an indication of accuracy especially if they have similar views and especially if the historians are modern is a guaranteed fact. I've been quoting most recent historians and many of them align with each other. That's when you know it's scholarly researched. Therefore, you cannot discredit them.

Now stop wasting my time with the same bull cycle.

Last edited:
Yes, we've been through this so stop repeating the same nonsense I have debunked, already.

PhD is an indication of accuracy especially if they have similar views and especially if the historians are modern is a guaranteed fact. I've been quoting most recent historians and many of them align with each other. That's when you know it's scholarly researched. Therefore, you cannot discredit them.

Now stop wasting my time.

It's not your time that's being wasted.

2ce2101d260ba2b93f128c1afda7a60c.png

26f5e3fef5f32e340ba9d7b4570c5365.jpg

4c4ffb81d635e352984c3803a4763b82.png

a6cb82c80bea65caef05f11b7c1825c4.png

Sorry for the off topic comment, these bring memories of fun . Walked by that mosque often on my way to the beach without parental supervision to play soccer. Mom would taste my skin if I came home late to find out if I swam in the beach. Little she knew that I showered at the mosque on my way back home :ftw9nwa: of course, I would intentionally drag my feet on the ground to create the impression I was playing in the neighborhood and get dust on me. Good old days man.

:russ:
Funniest thing I have read all day.

You have to be smart nin-yohow, to have fun at the same time respect your parent's wishes and not worry them right. Somali beaches are infested with sharks and many kids were eaten swimming close to the shore.

Mom worried I would be dead so I got creative and showered at the mosque on my way back home and dusted my legs up to give the impression I was the good old boy who stayed in the neighborhood. I never told her that even in my adulthood. There is no one like a mother and her love for her children. At least I was smart enough to alleviate her worries whilst I got my fix of the game at the beach. All worked out fine :ftw9nwa:

Trending

Latest posts