SOMALI ARCHAEOLOGY FEATURES ON JOE ROGAN'S PODCAST MENTION OF 171K SURVEYED SITES

I do know that the post Islamic sites are from the sultanates can anyone explain more on the pre Islamic sites found is it still a mystery

Could those city states have been under kingdoms at some point or were they controlled by tribal chiefs?
We don't have a lot of info there's some evidence for both.

It is also possible even likely that they had a structure not too different from Adal itself but way less centralised- a decentralised very loosely held together kingdom with a titular monarch but with regional/city governors being quite autonomous

We don't have a lot of info there's some evidence for both.

It is also possible even likely that they had a structure not too different from Adal itself but way less centralised- a decentralised very loosely held together kingdom with a titutar monarch but with regional/city governors being quite autonomous
Interesting are there archaeologists currently doing research or are they afraid going there to do extensive research?

Interesting are there archaeologists currently doing research or are they afraid going there to do extensive research?
Only archaeologists that have made any new surveys or research since the 70s ones sponsored by Siad Barre are the Spanish team that made the findings mentioned in the video- they used aerial drones and LIDAR to find 10,000s of sites that would otherwise not be found and are currently inaccessible.

Talking about archeology, there's these priests who allegedly unearthed monuments in jubaland. Anyone ever heard about this? There's a book about it which i can't find.
Screenshot_20240417-173842_Chrome.jpg

Probably it's more likely than not.

It would be pretty strange if there was nothing though erosion and destruction by natural causes might have made some places disappear.
Honestly, I'll be surprised if we get something out of them. In general, I want the period of ancient Somali cities when we were trading with the Romans and so on, and the period of the rise of Aksum I would be excited about that.

Trending