Somali & Arabic similarities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knew darishad was Arabic? Discovered that the other day. Daaqad too. I guess all words that end in -ad are arabic in origin

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
This could've been @Factz or me the guy asked me to participate in it no jokes this is probably someone from sspot

Wallahi you made a thread about me and it was a language similarity between Amharic and Arabic, right?
:ohhh:

He probably saw that thread and decided to do an Arabic and Somali similarities. :pachah1:

Last edited:
Wallahi you made a thread about me and it was a language similarity between the Amharic and Arabic, right?
:ohhh:

He probably saw that thread and decided to do an Arabic and Somali similarities. :pachah1:
I told him to do Arabic and Somali he said email me and come to tronto to do it lol I don't live in Canada so I declined but that could've been you my g

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Just great more people will start asking if Somali is a localized adaptation of Arabic. When it's a completely different language group with some loan words.

:faysalwtf:

Apollo

VIP
Just great more people will start asking if Somali is a localized adaptation of Arabic. When it's a completely different language group with some loan words.

It's like English with French.. something on the order of 30% of Somali vocabulary coming from Arabic.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP

What I want to know is what are true Somali words, when Arabic, English, Ethiopian, Afar, Italian, Indian, and Persian loan words are taken out.:cosbyhmm:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
It's like English with French.. something on the order of 30% of Somali vocabulary coming from Arabic.

Not the greatest example. English became the lingua franca of the world from borrowing from everyone and they were conquered by the Normans at one point. But I see your point. Words which have no foundation in Somali are borrowed from Arabic or other languages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending