Somali Americans come in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have always wondered why Somalis aren’t so spread out or why aren’t they choosing better states to move to like Virginia and Maryland dc area and create strongholds there. Out of all places why choose cold Minnesota or Ohio? Also is there a large Somali community in The DC metro area?

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
i have always wondered why Somalis aren’t so spread out or why aren’t they choosing better states to move to like Virginia and Maryland dc area and create strongholds there. Out of all places why choose cold Minnesota or Ohio? Also is there a large Somali community in The DC metro area?

There’s a good number of Somalis in that area u named, besides People live where they like, I am sure the state of MN meets or exceeds their expectations.

:)

? Why do u think the dmv is so good?
Cuz i heard it’s a great quite place with lots of job opportunities and diversity, great and balanced weather. I have cousins from Virginia who live there and they said the same thing. DMV is surely better than alot of states but that’s just my opinion, what’s yours?

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Because they like Swedes. And Minnesota is the area that Swedes settled when they tahriibed to the US.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP

Minnesota has a booming economy, and not as much competition as say California because of Arctic weather

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
It's 100% because of the generous welfare opportunities. Also there's far less job discrimination in central MN and OH then, say, rural Wyoming.

Last edited:
It's 100% because of the generous welfare opportunities. Also there's far less job discrimination in central MN and OH then, say, rural Wyoming.
Lol right, what about DMV? It’s on the east coast in the central part of the US. It’s a great place to be, and it’s less ghetto and boring. Lots of Somalis live in Virginia right?

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Loooooool@ suggesting anyone to live in MaryLand. You're clearly clueless.

Btw @TheShinning why are these bums always coming at MN, not everyone takes welfare, we work, pay taxes, bought houses, own businesses, Somalis are number 2 people who pay the most taxes in Minnesota. Someone needs to teach them something, because I'm tired of gaajo UK and Eurotrash folks coming at MN, sis they take public transportation and shop at ALDI but have the audacity to come at us. :samwelcome:

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Lol right, what about DMV? It’s on the east coast in the central part of the US. It’s a great place to be, and it’s less ghetto and boring. Lots of Somalis live in Virginia right?

What's DMV, lol? I use to live in Virginia, but it's pretty price-y for Somalis to live in. I know a bunch of other people that also immigrated from Alexandria to Columbus just because of the high prices.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
What's DMV, lol? I use to live in Virginia, but it's pretty price-y for Somalis to live in. I know a bunch of other people that also immigrated from Alexandria to Columbus just because of the high prices.
D.C, Maryland and Virginia, how did you live in VA but don't know what that is? :lol:

DMV means DC/maryland/Virginia. I should have said the DC metro area in Virginia to better understand it for those who don’t know

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
D.C, Maryland and Virginia, how did you live in VA but don't know what that is? :lol:

I left when I was literally a toddler, lol. Fun fact: I grew up for the majority of my life thinking that I was born in Washington D.C but after being informed in the late 6th grade that D.C was in fact not apart of Virginia, I confronted my mother about where I was born. Actually truly read my birth certificate for the first time in my life and found out that I was born in Arlington county, Virginia. Smh. She always hyped me up so much for being born in D.C. Am more shocked that I went so long telling people that I was born in Washington D.C, Virginia and no one correcting me for a solid 11 years. Probably thought I was desperate to be from anywhere else besides Ohio.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
DMV means DC/maryland/Virginia. I should have said the DC metro area in Virginia to better understand it for those who don’t know

D.C is veeery expensive. So is Alexandria. Not so sure about Maryland, though. I assume price is the biggest deterrence as to why more Somalis don't live in that area.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Loooooool@ suggesting anyone to live in MaryLand. You're clearly clueless.

Btw @TheShinning why are these bums always coming at MN, not everyone takes welfare, we work, pay taxes, bought houses, own businesses, Somalis are number 2 people who pay the most taxes in Minnesota. Someone needs to teach them something, because I'm tired of gaajo UK and Eurotrash folks coming at MN, sis they take public transportation and shop at ALDI but have the audacity to come at us. :samwelcome:
Typical reer UK projecting their sad state, Somalis in MN are thriving and making a name for themselves, why move elsewhere when we are doing well here? Another thing I have noticed is how little they know about the states, who in their right mind would suggest Virginia and Maryland? If I’m subjecting myself to high cost of living, those two would be my last option.

I left when I was literally a toddler, lol. Fun fact: I grew up for the majority of my life thinking that I was born in Washington D.C but after being informed in the late 6th grade that D.C was in fact not apart of Virginia, I confronted my mother about where I was born. Actually truly read my birth certificate for the first time in my life and found out that I was born in Arlington county, Virginia. Smh. She always hyped me up so much for being born in D.C. Am more shocked that I went so long telling people that I was born in Washington D.C, Virginia and no one correcting me for a solid 11 years. Probably thought I was desperate to be from anywhere else besides Ohio.
You were right, Arlington is in the DC metro area so you were technically born in DC but not literally.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Somalis are spread out across many states in the US. There is a sizable Somali community in Virginia as well as Texas, Arizona, Georgia, Washington, California, Utah, Kansas, Maryland, Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending