So Oog was occupied by reer Las Anod till 1991

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
WTF. Where are the Porcupine kids that run around with Oog is HJ town? lol. You couldn't liberate the town with a single bullet. At-least the SY were busy fighting in Xudun district and elsewhere in Sanaag during the conflict so they have excuse but there is no excuse for reer Caynaba.

upload_2019-2-9_1-34-48.png

Bohol

VIP
"In the subsequent year (1991) the SNM agreed to attend a meeting hosted by Dhulbahante in the town of Oog, during which the SNM delegation was asked to disarm before it entered the town and mingled with the people"

:gucciwhat:

The Dhulbahante garaad wanted peace so why would snm attack them? Most of sool didn't see war because of this garaad.

Bohol

VIP
The Dhulbahante garaad wanted peace so why would snm attack them? Most of sool didn't see war because of this garaad.

So why were they killed in neighboring Xudun district and Sanaag in large scale then? only difference is reer Caynaba weren't able to xasuuq the Dhulos of Las Anod district hence why Oog was held by them as late as 1991.

So why were they killed in neighboring Xudun district and Sanaag in large scale then? only difference is reer Caynaba weren't able to xasuuq the Dhulos of Las Anod district hence why Oog was held by them as late as 1991.
It's because the garaad came to snm for peace and he's Faarax Garaad. The dhulbahante that fought back were mostly if not all Maxamuud Garaad.

Bohol

VIP
It's because the garaad came to snm for peace and he's Faarax Garaad. The dhulbahante that fought back were mostly if not all Maxamuud Garaad.

The Bahrarsame Garaad came to the SNM in 1990.While reer Laska were still holding Oog
in 1991. That doesn't make sense. Those who were in Oog were actually Jamac Siyaad/
Maxamuud Garaad and also Maxamuud Garaad makes up the majority in Las Anod.

The garaad came to the SNM in 1990.While reer Laska were still holding Oog in 1991. That
doesn't make sense. Those who were in Oog were actually Jamac Siyaad/Maxamuud Garaad
and also Maxamuud Garaad makes up the majority in Las Anod.
HY east in sanaag and xudun fought mostly Ugaadhyahan. The snm didn't attack oog because as I said their garaad came to sought peace.

Bohol

VIP
HY east in sanaag and xudun fought mostly Ugaadhyahan. The snm didn't attack oog because as I said their garaad came to sought peace.

Well that is false.Their garaad came to the SNM in 1990 as peace for all Dhulos not just Las Anod district. The logical thing would be that reer Lasanod were more armed.

Bohol

VIP
Well let's just say Dhulos in las canod district took the peace and the Dhulos in xudun and sanaag didn't:manny:

That still doesn't explain why Dhulos held Oog in 1991 and held peace conferences there. Last I checked Oog is not a Dhulos town.

That still doesn't example why Dhulos held Oog in 1991 and held peace conferences there. Last I checked Oog is not a Dhulos town.
Well we'll never know until we ask someone from there. Why fight when you can achieve peace without bloodshed?

Bohol

VIP
Well we'll never know until we ask someone from there. Why fight when you can achieve peace without bloodshed?

There was already fightings in the area specially in Qoridheere and some other villages surrounding Oog so it is not like it was a peaceful area to begin with.

Bohol

VIP
Why would the garaad invite them to oog for peace? Unless he knew that they were going to lose I don't see any other reason.

It doesn't matter whether they were going to lose or not. It is disrespectful to hold a meeting in a town that doesn't even belong to you. It is similar to the eastern HY holding their conference in Jidali with the Warsans.

It doesn't matter whether they were going to lose or not. It is disrespectful to hold a meeting in a town that doesn't even belong to them. It is similar to the eastern HY holding their conference in Jidali with the Warsans.
Well it doesn't matter because they had peace and now it belongs to its rightful owners. If they didn't sought peace they would still be defeated, they just made it faster.

Saalax Bidaar

Truthfulness so often goes with ruthlessness
Sool saw some of the the most vicious and large battles between the SNM vs SNA consisting of remnants of 26aad, supported by the 54th army division based in Garoowe and local militias hailing from Ogaden IDP in Adhicadeeye and Dhulbahante and Warsangeli; they were led by one of the brightest Somali officers Col Jamac Green(Warsangeli) whilst the SNM were led by one of the highest ranking SNM officers Gen Ibrahim Ismail “Ibraahim Dheere” (Muuse Carre) graduate of British royal military Academy in Sundhurst.

The front extended from Sanaag, Sool, Togdher and Berbera

My father told me that after Dhulbahnte killed some HY olders during peace talks, the snm took brutally revenge led by ahmed mire. Has anyone more information to that incident ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending