So Apparently Camels where first domesticated in Somalia

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
People associate camels with Arabia, but it's a Somali thing. We really made them.
That’s life, I wouldn’t be surprised if they took some things from ancient geeljires and played it as their own.

Everybody would just associate it with arabs and most somalis would just think we copied it from them :wow:

Our fault for not establishing a transcontinental empire and spreading the most influential religion for the next thousands of years :mjcry:

I read a study that claimed the dromedary from East Africa, South Arabia, and North Arabia had a minimal genetic distance, which means they were related. But they couldn't specifically find what region had the oldest population because of high heterozygosity caused by intermixing of wild and domesticated livestock that caused erosion in the phylogeographic pattern; or that they there never existed any pattern, to begin with, due to the high dispersal nature of the animal.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
People associate camels with Arabia, but it's a Somali thing. We really made them.

Probably because they have more of a desert geography, but yeah we got a third of the worlds camels in Somalia.

Apollo

VIP
I read a study that claimed the dromedary from East Africa, South Arabia, and North Arabia had a minimal genetic distance, which means they were related. But they couldn't specifically find what region had the oldest population because of high heterozygosity caused by intermixing of wild and domesticated livestock that caused erosion in the phylogeographic pattern; or that they there never existed any pattern, to begin with, due to the high dispersal nature of the animal.

I don't want to be the party-pooper, but I don't think Somalis first domesticated camels.

It happened around 3,000 BCE and back then no Somalis not even proto-Somalis existed just proto-East Cushites.

Secondly, the camel is an Asian animal, it even came originally from North America (it is related to the Lama). It is unlikely that it would be first domesticated in the most foreign continent (for the camel).

I don't want to be the party-pooper, but I don't think Somalis first domesticated camels.

It happened around 3,000 BCE and back then no Somalis not even proto-Somalis existed just proto-East Cushites.

Secondly, the camel is an Asian animal, it even came originally from North America (it is related to the Lama). It is unlikely that it would be first domesticated in the most foreign continent (for the camel).
I don't think it was first domesticated by us. It was most likely adopted by South Arabians because of the minimal genetic distance.

I don't think it was first domesticated by us. It was most likely adopted by South Arabians because of the minimal genetic distance.
Let's not nitpick, if some historians think it was domesticated in the horn, go along with it. We know westerners claim everything good under the sun.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Let's not nitpick, if some historians think it was domesticated in the horn, go along with it. We know westerners claim everything good under the sun.
Ikr, Greeks are shamelessly claiming Alexander the great. Yet these guys are denying history that is being just given to us lol.

I’ve never seen so many self-haters in a single forum before. I remember someone saying Ajuran empire was a little clan faction and stuff. Saying most people in Ajuran weren’t even somalis.

Crazy :wow:

Ikr, Greeks are shamelessly claiming Alexander the great. Yet these guys are denying history that is being just given to us lol.

I’ve never seen so many self-haters in a single forum before. I remember someone saying Ajuran empire was a little clan faction and stuff. Saying most people in Ajuran weren’t even somalis.

The dromedary not being first domesticated by us doesn't change its importance in our pastoral culture you dumb POS. Calling people self-hater because they point out the inconsistency in the claims.:mjlol:

I provided information backed by recent research while that Wikipedia page cited something from the '80s. You can ignore it to artificially as a way to bolster your cultural pride, but don't try to emotionally dismiss others when they don't follow your weak attempt at fallacious self-deception – it's very immature and obnoxious.

Upholding the truth is not a form of self-hate. Greeks can boast about Alexander the Great all day long simply because it's a known historical fact that he was a Greek Man; Somalis can't do the same with Camels because there is zero evidence to support the claim it was first domesticated in the Horn & there's more evidence to suggest it was domesticated in Arabia/Asia.

If you want to take pride in your ethnicity then at least base it on verifiable historical facts & avoid lies/whims.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
The dromedary not being first domesticated by us doesn't change its importance in our pastoral culture you dumb POS. Calling people self-hater because they point out the inconsistency in the claims.:mjlol:

I provided information backed by recent research while that Wikipedia page cited something from the '80s. You can ignore it to artificially as a way to bolster your cultural pride, but don't try to emotionally dismiss others when they don't follow your weak attempt at fallacious self-deception – it's very immature and obnoxious.
I wasn’t calling you a self-hater retard.

I also definitely wasn’t calling @Apollo a self-hater either.

You’re autistic.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Upholding the truth is not a form of self-hate. Greeks can boast about Alexander the Great all day long simply because it's a known historical fact that he was a Greek Man; Somalis can't do the same with Camels because there is zero evidence to support the claim it was first domesticated in the Horn & there's more evidence to suggest it was domesticated in Arabia/Asia.

If you want to take pride in your ethnicity then at least base it on verifiable historical facts & avoid lies/whims.
Alexander the great wasn’t greek lol

and I’m saying people want to give us something good, just accept it. Don’t look into it too much.

Laas Geel had dromedary drawings that predates that, and this cave was discovered inSomalia only in 2002

Also why are you being vulgar to a brother

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
You responded to a post directly responding to me and @Apollo and called us self haters. Stand by what you say next time with more resolve or don't say shit.
You’re really stupid man. The first paragraph was directed at you two.

The second one was for a related group. Ok you know what, I’ll stand by what I say.

You’re a self-hating moron. Happy?

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
He is greek? Plus how much camels r in somaliweyn
“Alexander the Great was an ancient Macedonian ruler and one of history's greatest military minds who, as King of Macedonia and Persia, established the largest empire the ancient world had ever seen.”

He was macedonian.
He was a Greek Man and he hailed from the Greek kingdom of Macedon.

At that time macedonians were considered greeks, and they spoke a dialect of greek. But as time progressed they formed their own identity.

It’s like Afars and Somalis. Should Afars be allowed to claim a somali thousands of years ago that was in the same group as them?

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
“Alexander the Great was an ancient Macedonian ruler and one of history's greatest military minds who, as King of Macedonia and Persia, established the largest empire the ancient world had ever seen.”

He was macedonian.

At that time macedonians were considered greeks, and they spoke a dialect of greek. But as time progressed they formed their own identity.

It’s like Afars and Somalis. Should Afars be allowed to claim a somali thousands of years ago that was in the same group as them?
Fam those macedonian r fake ones they r slavs from bulgeria the macedonia place where Alexander was born r in north greek he is greek spoke it too

Trending

Latest posts