Snacks' DNA results (Stop calling me Oromo)

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
Fuq Da DNA youre still
1618188330199.png
Qoti
1618188432772.png

Next life, Choose ur proffesion wisely Boyyyy!:farole:

The kid ain't a troll after all.

You were born in 2002? You are in my relatives list. I belong to the same subclan as you. Please avoid the FKD or Politics section before it corrupts you. If you have any questions about your Qabil etc., ask a trustworthy, wise etc. family member or feel free to send me a PM.

Your test results are not unusual for a Surre, we are all haplogroup T so far. Reer Agoons are a subclan that hail from a recent ancestor, hence, no surprise you are T considering that it has already been established that it is the clan's lineage marker.

Tell Aabo and Hooyo that their lineage is Middle Eastern in origin.

Your ancestor came from a town called Al Diriyah in Saudi Arabia.

It was also once the home of the Al Saud clan.

We, and our J Somali cousins, are the only true sons of Jazeeratul Carab in Somalia. You tell them that, and be proud of your Arab roots!

The kid ain't a troll after all.

You were born in 2002? You are in my relatives list. I belong to the same subclan as you. Please avoid the FKD or Politics section before it corrupts you. If you have any questions about your Qabil etc., ask a trustworthy, wise etc. family member or feel free to send me a PM.

Your test results are not unusual for a Surre, we are all haplogroup T so far. Reer Agoons are a subclan that hail from a recent ancestor, hence, no surprise you are T considering that it has already been established that it is the clan's lineage marker.

Tell Aaabo and Hooyo that their lineage is Middle Eastern in origin.

Your ancestor came from a town called Al Diriyah in Saudi Arabia.

It was also once the home of the Al Saud clan.

We, and our J Somali cousins, are the only true sons of Jazeeratul Carab in Somalia. You tell them that, and be proud of your Arab roots!
I was born in 2003 (I'm 17) but I lied because they only accept 18+

My moms haplogroup is related to the Persians (Iran)

My question is, what role does Surre have in Somalia and how are we related to Arabs? Like who's the closet arab ancestor we have and how many generations ago?

Last edited:
I was born in 2003 (I'm 17) but I lied because they only accept 18+

My moms haplogroup is related to the Persians (Iran)

My question is, what role does Surre have in Somalia and how are we related to Arabs? Like who's the closet arab ancestor we have and how many generations ago?

My question is,

Adeer

Firstly, edit your personal info on 23andme. It never hurts to be anonymous.

Secondly, fu.ck Qabil, just know your Abtirsi and your lineage. Once you indulge in clannism, you will end up hating other Somalis, then fellow Surres, and before you know it, you will end up dividing Reer Agoon into its different branches. If you are asking about our clan History, then you have to be specific because not all Surres have the same historical migration or settlement patterns etc. Moreover, this ain't the place to discuss such matters. Ask an elder or PM me with questions.

We and other Dirs that share the same paternal lineage are, probably, of Ancient Arabian origin. Before that, we were probably part of the Semitic migration into Arabia etc. If you go further back, Neolithic/Bronze Age History etc., our roots are maybe in the Caucasus, Zagros, Iran, Anatolia....Allah knows Best. Nonetheless, as things stand, stick to the fact that you are an ethnic Somali who most likely has ancient Semitic origins.

I downloaded my raw DNA, I uploaded it into another website which will show more accurate results

Be careful what website you upload your autosomal info to. Apollo can give you tips on which ones are safe and reliable.

If he is in an amicable mood, Apollo is a most helpful chap.

All right, also, stop the ana arab stuff 🤣

I was pulling your leg son. We are not Arab, we are Somali!

Despite our supposed Arab origins, our clan, in general, never had a culture of identifying with Arabs. We always prided ourselves on being the definition of Somali.

Nonetheless, blood don't lie son, there is a high probability that our paternal ancestor was an ancient Arab/Semite. There is no shame in acknowledging such a fact. He does not define who we are today.

I have no reservations about acknowledging that my blood line is traced back to the Middle East, and that I come from the same stock as some Arabs in Saudi Arabia etc.

Trending