Smiling

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
Why is it shameful to smile or laugh in somali culture? Especially for girls. I know one somali girl and in all her photos school, university etc graduation she has a straight face.

I don't smile much but in family photos I do. My mom even tells me sometimes close your mouth....I know for a fact I'll be laughing and smiling on my wedding day I don't care what anyone says I'm not supppresing my emotions.

They will think I'm happy because I'll be getting it .....

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Somalis believe people who smile at people without reason are doqoons. They dont know there is a culture component to the smile niceties. In some way they are right tho, if u smile alot, likely u r dumber than the next person to u who does not smile alot.

Thats why Cats are smarter than Dogs. Cats never smile, and r very cunning and smart.

Last edited:
Why is it shameful to smile or laugh in somali culture? Especially for girls. I know one somali girl and in all her photos school, university etc graduation she has a straight face.

I don't smile much but in family photos I do. My mom even tells me sometimes close your mouth....I know for a fact I'll be laughing and smiling on my wedding day I don't care what anyone says I'm not supppresing my emotions.

That only applies to fobs and you know it! :gucciwhat:

only retards smile and laugh for no reason. if you are walking around smiling I would think that person is mentally unstable

Somalis believe people who smile at people without reason are doqoons. They dont know there is a culture component to the smile niceties. In some way they are right tho, if u smile alot, likely u r dumber than the next person to u who does not smile alot.

Thats why Cats are smarter than Dogs. Cats never smile, and r very cunning and smart.
laughing-kitten-sergey-taran.jpg

Trending