"Slavery Was a Choice "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily

🥰🥰🥰
VIP
giphy.gif

I think He meant that the slave mentality -> being still in the plantation, depending on your master and not having a free mind. Many AA insult him because he lives the life he wants.
And he used that example with the slaves and nowadays blacks in America. Blacks that still vote for the same party for over decades and they still live in poor cities and people are avoiding black americans, which is shameful.
That is correct. But he only says that because he himself didn't get in the top echelon of the fashion world. He wanted to become a billionaire but sadly wasn't accepted by people because he's only known to be a famous artist and felt that it was slavery that people put him in this box, that's why he made the song 'new slaves'. The guy is too detached from reality.

Kanye West is a loser, he made so many good songs, and it made his personality bearable, but now he's straight up garbage. Just because you have a mental illness does not give you the excuse to be an asshole.

Btw he retracted all his political positions and said that the republican politicians used him. lol

Black Americans in US hate him and when he wore MAGA hat; their hatred for him imcreased:wow:

why do you people who know the least are so loud with your ignorance? Kanye was able to get away with a lot of sh*t over the years because most young blacks considered him a genius for his music. Even now after the slavery was a choice comment many young blacks make excuses for him

chocolate or vanilla ice cream is a choice...coffee or tea is a choice....life or death is not a choice..not in the same way.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
How can you let another human being sell you like a property? I would rather die fighting wallahi. I don’t understand how thousands upon thousands agreed to be slaves.

I don’t think it was a choice but they should have fought harder...

How can you let another human being sell you like a property? I would rather die fighting wallahi. I don’t understand how thousands upon thousands agreed to be slaves.

Many did die fighting, there were hundreds of ship revolts where slaves chose to drown instead of continue the journey across the atlantic.
But most didnt even know what they were going into. By the time they arrived in the US, it was too late. There was almost zero chance of escape.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
why do you people who know the least are so loud with your ignorance? Kanye was able to get away with a lot of sh*t over the years because most young blacks considered him a genius for his music. Even now after the slavery was a choice comment many young blacks make excuses for him
How bout you zip your haitian mouth:stopit:

She says sitting in a comfy existence...living in the US in 2018. The fact is no one knows what they would do when threatened with losing your life but we know most people would make a move to preserve their life.....that's a fact.

Kanye meant that remaining enslaved was a choice, and that slaves could have rebelled but chose not to. Not that being enslaved originally was a choice.
But how much choice did they have to escape?
Knowing that if they were caught escaping, they would be whipped and hung.
If they sucessfully escaped, their family and other remaining slaves would be punished.
And after they escape, where do they go? At one point every single black person in the US was a slave, so any sighting of a black man outside a plantation meant runaway slave and slavecatchers would catch him immediately
There was not much choice.
True they didn't have to stay a slave and get on the boats

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Haitians kicked major white arse back in the day. Much respek to them. You're not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?
And you ain't the brightest bulb in the box? Pr you have an IQ of your room temperature?:win:

Move along, no one gives a f about you:whoa:

Your hatred for Bantu is clouding your judgement. Are you telling me that ota benga choice was to be viewed as and animal and he dream of being closed in zoo. As for Kanye West as we can observe he is mentally ill and craves attention so he will say anything that brings him back to the spotlight. Hatred is not a good look sxb, clean your heart before forget to differentiate the good from bad and right from wrong.

And he was absolutely spot on. A couple of months ago, Kanye West made some rather controversial comments about the 400 year long slavery in the Americas.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...avery-for-400-years-that-sounds-like-a-choice

The man got crucified for it. I totally agree with him. Theres soo much fake historical revisionism, that hides the fact that, Bantus were selling each other on both sides of Africa, to Europeans and Arabs.

Now, yes of course Europeans and Arabs came to the continent, and forced many into chains, but they stayed in the coastal areas, never did they go deep in the interior of west and east Africa. The bulk of those slaves were brought to them by their fellow Bantus.

People need to start being truthful with each other, and stop blaming others, for the hand that they themselves have had in the oppression of their people.
yES they did :damedamn: if you are looking at it from a collective standpoint, bantu on bantu crime
but on an individual level those who were sold did not choose to be enslaved:camby:

bantus in west african are to blame just as much as the white or arab men who enslaved them :kanyeshrug:
if i was an african american or an african Caribbeans i would have been unsettled with recent west african diaspora i would have had grudges against them :holeup:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
And he was absolutely spot on. A couple of months ago, Kanye West made some rather controversial comments about the 400 year long slavery in the Americas.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...avery-for-400-years-that-sounds-like-a-choice

The man got crucified for it. I totally agree with him. Theres soo much fake historical revisionism, that hides the fact that, Bantus were selling each other on both sides of Africa, to Europeans and Arabs.

Now, yes of course Europeans and Arabs came to the continent, and forced many into chains, but they stayed in the coastal areas, never did they go deep in the interior of west and east Africa. The bulk of those slaves were brought to them by their fellow Bantus.

People need to start being truthful with each other, and stop blaming others, for the hand that they themselves have had in the oppression of their people.

I agree with Chief Armadillo

There SHOULD not be a WHITE slavery guilt anymore. It takes TWO to tango. Blacks sold their people. Its an old human tale of the weak humans being taken advantage by the strong humans. The blacks sold slaves for money. The Whites bought the slaves for labor and money. This is a convenient truth that is not discussed in history.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
She says sitting in a comfy existence...living in the US in 2018. The fact is no one knows what they would do when threatened with losing your life but we know most people would make a move to preserve their life.....that's a fact.
I say this as Somali. Somalis were never enslaved because we have Warriors. We would rather die than be enslaved!

I say this as Somali. Somalis were never enslaved because we have Warriors. We would rather die than be enslaved!

She says from her cushy comfortable life in american in 2018. You didn't walk in them people's shoes and you haven't faced what they faced so again i say that you have no idea what you would have done. Again i call bull.

Always Lit

Everybody lies, which ones are tolerable??
Kanye was saying nothing But FACTS.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Lies. Somalis didnt betray each other as we are muslims. No Somalis will sell their own. We have too much pride.

And there is the question of our mali skinny slim bodies. Delicate, lazy, and really counter productive. It takes us 8 hours what will take Mexicans or slave adoons 2 hours to do a job. I see farahs in gym constantly but no muscles seem to amass. The same with Somali horses, no matter what u feed them, their bones never grow large and strong. Just the baasto belly expands.

Status
Not open for further replies.