NEWS SL welcomes Qataris special envoy to Somalia in Hargeisa.

The title is misleading. His role in Qatars government has nothing specific to Somalia. He's not a special envoy to Somalia or whatever you wrote :mjlol:

Same like UN Som in Hargeisa :pachah1: .

No it's not mate. UNSOM was created by the UN specifically for their mission in Somalia. Mutlaq ibn Majid is a head of the special envoy for the Foreign Ministry of Qatar, not Qatar in Somalia. Unless you want to claim another colonizer aside from AMISOM & UNSOM

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
No it's not mate. UNSOM was created by the UN specifically for their mission in Somalia. Mutlaq ibn Majid is a head of the special envoy for the Foreign Ministry of Qatar, not Qatar in Somalia. Unless you want to claim another colonizer aside from AMISOM & UNSOM
Its Ramadan so I have no power to argue. To me it's back stab to UAE. Anyway UAE its watching you guys. Dont blow it :yousmart: .

Damn I see this as a win for Somaliland. The reason being is this comes as mess in Mogadishu escalates, Farmajo-Fahad era draws to a close. The recent events truly showed who was in charge of Muqdisho(Sadaaq &co) and now they are jumping ship to the winning side.

UAE has built a lot of support in Somaliland. I believe we should take advantage of this opportunity and have Qatar invest in Somaliland same as UAE.

Not a good look. Somaliland will always be seen as pro UAE government until Kulmiye lose next election.

Qatar is cutting their losses with Failmaajo and perhaps view SL as a better option? @codewebsduh

I wish the best for Somalia but there is to much political turmoil in that country.
That's why it's not viable at all to do an investment like the DP World and Berbera Corridor investments.

Plus all the politicians are garbage, from the government to their bicameral parliament members, to the opposition - I mean they are protected by +30.000 africans, Al-shabab controls large swath for the land and yet they have time to sabotage their fellow somalis:

Link

Look at what happened the last weeks almost all the parliament member voted for a 2 year term and now the same parliament just voted the opposite, it's a complete circus.

And if a country look the other way and invest money, anyway, like the DP World investment, a new guy can come to power and suddenly your country becomes a "dal farogelin ku haya Somalia" and suddenly all your invesments are cancelled or taken over by the government and you have wasted your money and time.

Qatar is cutting their losses with Failmaajo and perhaps view SL as a better option? @codewebsduh
They are securing support in upcoming selections. Muse Bixi works with Abdi Hashi to pick clan eleders that will support their preferred candidate, Qatar is hedging their bets lol.

The envoy has now arrived in Mogadishu.

Trending

Latest posts