Skincare Guide

Cleansing:

Be gentle, both in the products you use and in your technique. You’re cleaning your face, not your car engine.
  • Morning cleansing is optional. Sort of. If you’re using the big guns like tretinoin or other actives on an evening, I wouldn’t recommend skipping this step. If your moisture barrier is fucked and you’re trying to get it back into shape, then skipping this might be okay for you.
  • Evening cleansing is not optional. I’m a big fan of the double cleanse method; first cleanse to get the shit from the day off your skin (including SPF which by design is difficult to take off), second cleanse to actually clean your skin. Depending on skin type, first cleanser should be an oil/balm or cream and second cleanser should be a cream or gel.
  • Use a non-foaming cleanser for your second cleanse. If you feel like you can’t live without the foam, then choose one without harsh (anionic) surfactants.
  • Be aware of the pH of your cleansers (the info should be available on google). Normal skin pH is anywhere from 4.5 to 5.5, a basic pH (ie above pH 7) is not your skin’s friend.
  • Use a washcloth (I personally like the cheap ones best, but feel free to use microfibre). This will cleanse more effectively than using your hands alone and will give some regular, gentle physical exfoliation. Use a clean washcloth every day. Don’t wash your face daily with a scrub, nobodyneeds that much physical exfoliation. I’m also not a fan of cleansing brushes, 99% of people are way too enthusiastic with them and frankly, they’re just unnecessary.
  • Cleanse with tepid water. Warm enough to be comfortable but not hot.

How to Cleanse:
  • With dry hands and a dry face (very few exceptions), apply the cleanser into your skin. The amount of cleanser you use will vary depending on the product, but somewhere between a blueberry and a small raspberry should suffice.
  • Massage the cleanser into the skin- you should be massaging for around 20-30 seconds. Sing Happy Birthday or recite the alphabet a couple of times if it helps.
  • Soak your washcloth with fresh running water, wring it out (the cloth shouldn’t be dripping water) and use this to remove the cleanser.
  • Now move onto your second cleanse. Go through the same steps as in the first cleanse. Don’t worry about the fact that your face and hands will still be damp.
  • Pat your face dry with a (CLEAN!) towel. Don’t rub.

Product recommendations (cleansers suitable for a second cleanse are also suitable for a morning cleanser):
  • ]Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm (1st or 2nd cleanse; all skin types; if you’re sensitive to essential oils, stay away from this one)
  • The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter (1st cleanse only; probably best for normal to dry skin)
  • Jordan Samuel The After Show Treatment Cleanser (1st cleanse; all skin types)
  • Pixi + Caroline Hirons Double Cleanse (1st and 2nd cleanse; all skin types)
  • La Roche Posay Toleriane Dermo Cleanser (1st or 2nd cleanse; all skin types)
  • Avene Eau Thermale Cleanance Cleansing Gel (2nd cleanse; best for normal to oily skins)
  • Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser (2nd cleanse; good for all skin types; contains essential oils)
  • CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser (2nd cleanse; good for all skin types)
  • Tata Harper Purifying Cleanser (2nd cleanse; best for oily or acneic skin)

Moisturising and SPF:

This is where your choices will be dictated by your own personal skin needs. I tend to err on the side of simple and effective with moisturizer, (you can throw in the fun actives with serums and that kind of thing) if it contains the previously mentioned lipids, then it’s usually not a bad option.
  • I would recommend using a moisturizer that contains SPF, if only so that you have one less step to do. If you can’t find a formula that you like that contains SPF, feel free to use a separate one.
  • Your SPF should be SPF 30 at least, broad spectrum. And for a face and neck, use about half a teaspoon (it’s more than you think, actually measure it out the first few times to get an idea of how much you need).

Product recommendations:
Moisturisers:

• CeraVe. I’ve not come across any of their moisturizers that I would not recommend, just choose the one geared towards your skin type.
  • Weleda Skin Food (for very dry or very irritated skin; if you’ve got that feeling of wanting to smear Vaseline all over your face, this is the product for you)
  • Dr Jart+ Ceramidin Cream (for dry to very dry skin or skin that is dealing with TEWL
  • Dr Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Cream (for dry to very dry or irritated skin; thicker than the Ceramidin)
  • First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream (for normal to dry skin)
  • La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+ (for oily skin or normal skin that has issues with breakouts)
  • La Roche Posay Toleriane range. Choose the best one for your skin type
  • Bioderma Hydrabio Creme and Gel-Creme (for dry and normal to oily skin respectively)
  • Paula’s Choice Clear Moisturizer SPF 30 (for oily skin or normal skin that has issues with breakouts)
  • Kate Somerville Oil-Free Moisturizer (for oily skin)
  • Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream (dry to very dry skin, skin that has issues with breakouts; this contains lactic acid so if you’re really sensitive but want to use an AHA, this could be good for you)
  • Kate Somerville Peptide K8 Power Cream (if you’re actually seeing signs of ageing this is phenomenal- if not, don’t spend $150 on this)
  • Kate Somerville Nourish Daily Antioxidant Moisturizer (a great, “basic” moisturizer for almost anyone except those that are extremely dry)
  • Paula’s Choice Resist Anti-Aging Super-Light Moisturizer SPF 30 (for normal to oily skin)
  • Paula’s Choice Resist Skin Restoring Moisturizer SPF 50 (for normal to dry skin)

Sunscreen: If you can’t decide on an SPF product, your safest option is to go for the ones made for kids. They usually have a higher SPF and often don’t contain fragrance
  • La Roche Posay Anthelios Shaka Ultra-Light SPF 50+ (I think the vast majority of people could use this, it’s a very light formula)
  • La Roche Posay Anthelios Ultra Comfort Cream SPF 30 or 50 (for dry to very dry skin, you might be able to use this as a moisturizer)
  • La Roche Posay Anthelios Anti Shine SPF 50+ (for oily skin)
  • Heliocare. I can’t vouch for the color products, but the rest of their range is amazing. If you can get your hands on it, that is.

Example Routines:

Basic Routine:

Morning
  • Cleanse
  • Moisturise
  • SPF
Evening
  • 1st Cleanse
  • 2nd Cleanse
  • Moisturise

Routine with extras, without retinoids (you absolutely don’t have to use all of these extras, this is just the order that it would be):

Morning
  • Cleanse
  • Vitamin C
  • Hyaluronic Acid
  • Moisturizer
  • SPF
Evening
  • 1s Cleanse
  • 2nd Cleanse
  • AHA or BHA
  • Niacinamide
  • Moisturizer
  • Oil

Retinoid (including tretinoin) starter routine:

Morning
  • Cleanse
  • Moisturize
  • SPF
Evening
  • 1st Cleanse
  • 2nd Cleanse
  • Retinoid
  • Wait 20-30 minutes *
  • Moisturizer
* if you are struggling with using the retinoid at the beginning, you can “buffer” it. To do this, just don’t wait the 20-30 minutes before you put on your moisturizer. After your skin has built up a tolerance to the retinoid, you should be able to wait the recommended time.

After a while, you can start to slowly add in other actives one by one. You would combine the “retinoid starter routine” with the “routine with extras”. Slot the retinoid in after your second cleanse on an evening, wait 20-30 minutes and then continue with the “extras” routine. NB: If you’re using a retinoid, use the AHA or BHA on a morning (or just don’t use it at all).

PS:
  • Short chain paraben esters are some of the best and most thoroughly tested preservatives we have, don’t let pseudoscience scare you away from them.
  • “Natural” doesn’t mean better or safer.

Lmao
Do you dry your face with a towel after hopping out the shower?
when you say vitamin c are you talking about oral pills?
what about vitamin e? I’ve heard that’s the most effective vitamin for the skin.

Good thread tho nonetheless.

what about vitamin e? I’ve heard that’s the most effective vitamin for the skin.

1.A wet towel that you have wringed out.
2. You can get it from food but pills are alright, foods that are rich in vitamin C; chilis, guava, kale, kiwi, brocolli, lemons, strawberries and oranges.
3. Almon, Avacado and Spinach to get Vitamin E naturally. Vitamin E acts as a natural moisturizer.
It also makes your hair very healthy, so if you got ripped or frizzy hair it can make it healthy.

Shmurda

King Of NSFW

YOOOO MY DAWGS BACK BROOOOO :ohhhdamn: :ohhhdamn: :ohhhdamn: :ohhhdamn: :ohhhdamn: :ohhhdamn: :ohhhdamn: :ohhhdamn: :ohhhdamn: :ohhhdamn: :ohhhdamn:

Gambar

VIP
It is mostly genetics. I just use dove soap and cream.

Pat your face with a towel and use a moisturizing cream. I hear xabad sowda is good if you have some spots.

Lmao
1.A wet towel that you have wringed out.
2. You can get it from food but pills are alright, foods that are rich in vitamin C; chilis, guava, kale, kiwi, brocolli, lemons, strawberries and oranges.
3. Almon, Avacado and Spinach to get Vitamin E naturally. Vitamin E acts as a natural moisturizer.
It also makes your hair very healthy, so if you got ripped or frizzy hair it can make it healthy.
It is mostly genetics. I just use dove soap and cream.

Pat your face with a towel and use a moisturizing cream. I hear xabad sowda is good if you have some spots.
Ok ok I normally just use the same towel I use on the rest of my body lol alx my skin is fine but it’s better to take care of it sooner than later. Thanks for the tips
YOOOO MY DAWGS BACK BROOOOO :ohhhdamn: :ohhhdamn: :ohhhdamn: :ohhhdamn: :ohhhdamn: :ohhhdamn: :ohhhdamn: :ohhhdamn: :ohhhdamn: :ohhhdamn: :ohhhdamn:
:salute:Ahhh wys crodie