Skin bleaching

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
I am brown skin and whenever I’d see my aunt, she’d try and give me soaps and stuff to get rid of my darkness lol. I always refuse and tell her that you can’t just scrub off your skin colour, but when I was younger it would really get to me :cosbyhmm: Skin bleaching is a big thing, a couple of my friends use fair and lovely on a daily basis, and when I went to somalia all my cousins use bleaching creams and tried to get me to use it too. It’s really sad. The thing is, when they bleach themselves, they don’t have the skin tone of natural lightskins, that slight yellowish/reddish undertone. They just look grey and sick. Everyone’s skin colour they’re born with is beautiful, changing it up makes you look like an alien tbh, all veiny and oddly grey. Have you guys ever seen or experienced this bleaching problem?

I am brown skin and whenever I’d see my aunt, she’d try and give me soaps and stuff to get rid of my darkness lol. I always refuse and tell her that you can’t just scrub off your skin colour, but when I was younger it would really get to me :cosbyhmm: Skin bleaching is a big thing, a couple of my friends use fair and lovely on a daily basis, and when I went to somalia all my cousins use bleaching creams and tried to get me to use it too. It’s really sad. The thing is, when they bleach themselves, they don’t have the skin tone of natural lightskins, that slight yellowish/reddish undertone. They just look grey and sick. Everyone’s skin colour they’re born with is beautiful, changing it up makes you look like an alien tbh, all veiny and oddly grey. Have you guys ever seen or experienced this bleaching problem?
When my aunt was in my house she gave us this bar of soap, I used it consistently for 2 weeks before it ran out. It lightened tf out of my skin and my skin isn’t going back to its darker color. I went from kinda darkskin to light/brown skin.

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
When my aunt was in my house she gave us this bar of soap, I used it consistently for 2 weeks before it ran out. It lightened tf out of my skin and my skin isn’t going back to its darker color. I went from kinda darkskin to light/brown skin.
Damnn:ohhh: that’s why you not supposed to touch that stuff it’s horrible

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
why post silly threads like this, of course expect silly responses. God gave you a chocolate skin and you want to bleach your skin?
It’s not a silly thread, I’m discussing a problem that’s pretty common in our community. I have never bleached my skin so I don’t know who you’re addressing this to

alien

📍outer space
VIP
and people always say that somali westerners don't bleach. there are so many western somalis who get handed skin bleaching soaps unknowingly or knowingly.

I have a family friend who bleached before and now she has burn marks all over her back and arms. She looks like a acid attack victim.. She must of used a strong soap. She stopped now but I feel so bad for her.. her whole body is damaged now

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
I have a family friend who bleached before and now she has burn marks all over her back and arms. She looks like a acid attack victim.. She must of used a strong soap. She stopped now but I feel so bad for her.. her whole body is damaged now
That’s horrific 😕 all because of the pressure to be lighter. It’s not worth it at all

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
and people always say that somali westerners don't bleach. there are so many western somalis who get handed skin bleaching soaps unknowingly or knowingly.
Exactly, I know so many people that bleach. It’s not uncommon even though it is more popular in Somalia

alien

📍outer space
VIP
:camby:I'm darkskin don't want to become no baboon pasty skinny faggy lightskin

18946 (1).jpg

:fredo:we darkskins shall rise up with our brown skin brothers and end the lightskin :jcoleno: the lightskin era was horrible still remembering getting my ass flamed when they turned off the lights
Darkskin/brown skin/lightskin men all get love. It’s only women who face the colorism.

Trending