Should we shop for clothes in more sustainable ways

Muji

VIP
Im not different to most women who enjoy shopping and wearing nice clothes. But I noticed whilst I had a lot of clothes I didn’t want to wear them after a while.

When I thought long and hard about why this was I realised a lot of my shopping habits were done in fast fashion websites like ASOS. Where you buy something at an accessible price and you don’t wear them again.

I changed this outlook when I realised I never really liked these clothes to begin with. They are OK but if I had a choice I would have clothes that I really like the design of but that I might otherwise be put off by because of the price!

Then came to eureka moment where I decided I’m already spending a lot on clothes what if I saved my money to afford the more expensive clothes that I will cherish and keep around for the next 5-10 years...

You better off buying cheap clothes more often. Expensive clothes is the biggest rip off out there. A lot of times there is little difference in quality.

Im not different to most women who enjoy shopping and wearing nice clothes. But I noticed whilst I had a lot of clothes I didn’t want to wear them after a while.

When I thought long and hard about why this was I realised a lot of my shopping habits were done in fast fashion websites like ASOS. Where you buy something at an accessible price and you don’t wear them again.

I changed this outlook when I realised I never really liked these clothes to begin with. They are OK but if I had a choice I would have clothes that I really like the design of but that I might otherwise be put off by because of the price!

Then came to eureka moment where I decided I’m already spending a lot on clothes what if I saved my money to afford the more expensive clothes that I will cherish and keep around for the next 5-10 years...

I am a guy so don't know the longevity of female clothes, but if you enjoy your current fashion shopping trends, I would stick to it and give away the surplus to charity.

Muji

VIP
You better off buying cheap clothes more often. Expensive clothes is the biggest rip off out there. A lot of times there is little difference in quality.

They are better in design even if you don’t believe there is a material difference

Apparently there is Jacamo for women. Plus size women can find affordable clothes that make them look presentable.

giphy.gif

Don't know if Versace does plus size however.

Luciddreamer

Certified bakhti
Posture and body makes even the most ghetto clothes look good.
Imo invest in your body rather than fashion clothes. Invest time in the gym, invest in good diet, invest in a good bed and before you know it even a bin bag on you looks A1

I hate that my clothes start pilling after a few months, and then I have to buy new ones. You’re right that it would be better off just buying clothes that have quality material. Constantly shopping for new clothes is a waste of money. Look for brands that are known for having quality material, and buy clothes that you really love. If you couldn’t care less about the item, don’t bother with it.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP

So you wear it for a month and then not anymore. I buy my clothes from ASOS too etc and other places and wear them for months then stop simply because the quality isnt same anymore and I need to keep looking fresh yamean?

Muji

VIP
I hate that my clothes start pilling after a few months, and then I have to buy new ones. You’re right that it would be better off just buying clothes that have quality material. Constantly shopping for new clothes is a waste of money. Look for brands that are known for having quality material, and buy clothes that you really love. If you couldn’t care less about the item, don’t bother with it.

There we go...

I decided to buy shoes that I really like and that I know once I have I will take care off and I’m looking forward to them arriving. I don’t get this feeling when I buy cheap stuff that are meh.

Muji

VIP
Posture and body makes even the most ghetto clothes look good.
Imo invest in your body rather than fashion clothes. Invest time in the gym, invest in good diet, invest in a good bed and before you know it even a bin bag on you looks A1

You have a point!!

They are better in design even if you don’t believe there is a material difference

Sometimes. I forgot the name f that show on bbc where they compare quality of same products different prices and people use them and are told to compare. Most time people don’t choose the most expensive after using all items

Trending