Should we completely “cancel” cancel culture?

What is your stance on cancel culture?

• No, bad choices broadcasted in front of the world shouldn’t ruin someones

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
The idea of being “canceling” someone has got to be one of the most puzzling things I’ve ever heard of.:kanyehmm:

In the obvious case of #MeToo, we saw it can have its occasional benefits- people speaking their truth brought down mega powerful men who abused their power to wrong women.

I can appreciate that.

But even then, how beneficial is it really?

I live in Seattle btw. So you already know all of my real views are suppressed for fear of being canceled.:hmm:

We claim to have “canceled” R. Kelly, but “Ignition Remix” has 430 million streams on Spotify and didn’t have more than 350 last year.:mjlol:

In all seriousness, I’ve never really been a fan of this idea. Like I said before, it has its uses, but we all make mistakes.

Here is one fun example. Remember, earlier in the day- the lady who slapped her kid for dancing to Megan Thee Stallion?

BTW I try earnestly to avoid the toxic cesspit of degeneracy known as Twitter as best I can, but I wanted to look into what happened to the kid afterwards.

Anyways, upon visiting the twitter thread thing I am welcomed by comments urging users to “find her accounts”, call CPS, and basically make sure her life is ruined.

Here is what a more level headed user sent her:
(Peep the “burly” bit kkkk)

C91488BB-C6FB-40BF-B635-83FADB4D66CC.jpeg

Is rendering someone forever unemployable really that great?:drakewtf:

Either way, I’d like to hear your thoughts on cancel culture. Within the context of our communities or in general.:damnmusic:

Last edited:

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Ehh, I'm a little in the middle on this one. Cancel culture has its ups but them you realize the only people it really affects are the regular people. You can't "cancel" a celebrity or someone rich, it just can't happen. Whereas you can easily ruin the lives of regular people because you disagree with them. Like the woman barely even hit him, maybe she was a little harsh with her words but it's not that serious that you'd need to take the child away. In my opinion I just think it's white girls who want to believe they hold all this power to end others by pressuring corporations or other entities with shear numbers. If only they used their unity and numbers for anything else. As long as cancel culture doesn't affect me (which it won't), then I honestly won't worry about it

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Ehh, I'm a little in the middle on this one. Cancel culture has its ups but them you realize the only people it really affects are the regular people. You can't "cancel" a celebrity or someone rich, it just can't happen. Whereas you can easily ruin the lives of regular people because you disagree with them. Like the woman barely even hit him, maybe she was a little harsh with her words but it's not that serious that you'd need to take the child away. In my opinion I just think it's white girls who want to believe they hold all this power to end others by pressuring corporations or other entities with shear numbers. If only they used their unity and numbers for anything else. As long as cancel culture doesn't affect me (which it won't), then I honestly won't worry about it
Correct.

Canceled Scarlett Johansson- still a millionaire.
Canceled Kevin Hart- made two more megahit films.
Canceled R. Kelly- imprisoned, but still has millions of monthly listeners and cash coming in.

Cancel John who works at Home Depot.
-John’s entire life is ruined now.

Kkk facts they could use that collective (wo)manpower to accomplish so much more. :snoop:

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I do not believe in cancel culture, people make mistakes and people atone for them. Human life is constant progression in different directions and never a straight line. It's all about chances and learning :)

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
I do not believe in cancel culture, people make mistakes and people atone for them. Human life is constant progression in different directions and never a straight line. It's all about chances and learning :)
You are absolutely correct sxb kkk.
Alx I don’t have Twitter. I, among many others, would’ve been canceled years ago.:mjlol:

Partly joking.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Jiron you're an interesting guy, most unique Somali I know. Can I ask how old you are? If you don't want to answer it's fine

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I believe I am the oldest member here, I am 31 years old sxb. :)
You are definitely not the oldest, you need to check out the tribal council section. You'll see Odeys with their families staying there and going in on FKD since the coffee shops have closed and they can't meet up with their friends :pachah1:

But it's good to see you're mature. If you were any younger than 25 and acting like this then I would have thought you were frooty or something. Funny enough you're one year younger than double my age... You were my age when I was born. That's crazy, hard to imagine.

How do you cancel, cancel culture?

As I know it, random unrelated individuals just jump on whatever morality bandwagon on social media, and it spreads sporadically and cannot be contained, and the angry masses need to quench their thirst for blood when riled up, collateral doesn't matter to them because nobody has skin in the game, anonymity makes them free of any accountability.

What could be worrying is not to cancel culture, but if that model of human behavior on social media is studied and used to manipulate people's perception of reality into supporting disruptive causes, stirring up social conflicts that only leads to disintegration in favor of certain actors.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
You are definitely not the oldest, you need to check out the tribal council section. You'll see Odeys with their families staying there and going in on FKD since the coffee shops have closed and they can't meet up with their friends :pachah1:

But it's good to see you're mature. If you were any younger than 25 and acting like this then I would have thought you were frooty or something. Funny enough you're one year younger than double my age... You were my age when I was born. That's crazy, hard to imagine.

very informative post

are you 16? wow you are young mashallah :)

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
How do you cancel, cancel culture?

As I know it, random unrelated individuals just jump on whatever morality bandwagon on social media, and it spreads sporadically and cannot be contained, and the angry masses need to quench their thirst for blood when riled up, collateral doesn't matter to them because nobody has skin in the game, anonymity makes them free of any accountability.

What could be worrying is not to cancel culture, but if that model of human behavior on social media is studied and used to manipulate people's perception of reality into supporting disruptive causes, stirring up social conflicts that only leads to disintegration in favor of certain actors.
While John Doe losing his entire life to cancel culture is very bad, this is what concerns me the most.
The masses “cancelling” whatever they don’t like may seem not as dangerous now- since it’s mostly things that have nothing to do with us.

But it sets a horrible precedent.:mjkkk:

Lol at this snowflake generation, no one is allowed to have free speech without someone getting offended or trying to ruin their lives.

Obviously if they commit a horrible crime like R kelly did, we should boycott them but generally speaking these celebs will continue to get away with shit because of the power that they hold.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Lol at this snowflake generation, no one is allowed to have free speech without someone getting offended or trying to ruin their lives.

Obviously if they commit a horrible crime like R kelly did, we should boycott them but generally speaking these celebs will continue to get away with shit because of the power that they hold.
If I said half of what my opinions are on twitter, these weirdos would make sure I am forever shaqolaan.:snoop:

Facts about R Kelly, but everything has limits. Making certain a powerful person in the wrong faces consequences and messing up a random persons life up for one dumb thing are two different things.:damnmusic:

Trending