Should we call ourselves 'Salafis'?

I really urge people- follow the salaf and don't call yourself a Salafi!

of course let's follow the salaf, I say this not to encourage anyone not to follow the salaf- I say this because I want people to follow the salaf. simply by calling yourself a salafi you are not following the salaf.

and anyone who wants to dispute this- don't bring me anything from any modern scholar. not even Sheikh Ibn Baz, even though I love him for the sake of Allah and I think he's a great scholar. don't even bring anything from Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah. don't bring anything from Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah or anyone younger than him. bring only the words of the salaf. if you say you follow the salaf- bring the words of the salaf, let us follow the salaf.

salaf1.jpg

salaf2.jpg

salaf3.jpg

btw here is some more on the topic but... even if we take away this video and the video from OP- just following the salaf alone and what they said shows that we should not call ourselves salafis

THE REASON WHY I DON’T CALL MYSELF SALAFI!​

btw I really recommend listening to what Sheikh Uthaymeen said here. according- not to me- according to Sheikh Uthaymeen- there is there is the way of the salaf and there is a hizb called Salafis and these are two differents things and we should follow the way of the salaf and not the hizb called salafis.

360C644A-E282-4551-B6BF-8B2FB258E407.png

3F867E90-CABF-444D-BE30-57424DE55EF5.png

techsamatar

I put Books to the Test of Life
Controlled agent dressed up as a swindler.

It's akin to suggesting not to identify as Sunni, as those truly following the Sunnah and the Prophet never referred to themselves in such a manner. Instead, advocate for simply being called a Muslim, even alongside other divergent sects, so as not to explicitly highlight adherence to the Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jamaah.

You're a weirdo, and 'Salafi' is simply an identification and clarity term that those following the ways of the Salaf use to distinguish themselves from associations with Ahlul Bid'ah and other deviant groups in this era. It is a necessity to make it clear that one aligns with the truth, particularly in times when over 70 sects emerge. So, how else will one distinguish themselves and affirm that they are on the right path?

Controlled agent dressed up as a swindler.

It's akin to suggesting not to identify as Sunni, as those truly following the Sunnah and the Prophet never referred to themselves in such a manner. Instead, advocate for simply being called a Muslim, even alongside other divergent sects, so as not to explicitly highlight adherence to the Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jamaah.

You're a weirdo, and 'Salafi' is simply an identification and clarity term that those following the ways of the Salaf use to distinguish themselves from associations with Ahlul Bid'ah and other deviant groups in this era. It is a necessity to make it clear that one aligns with the truth, particularly in times when over 70 sects emerge. So, how else will one distinguish themselves and affirm that they are on the right path?

lying about Muslims is a big deal. if I'm posting as a paid agent, may Allah curse me. ameen. now why don't you ask Allah to curse you if I'm not an agent? you won't because you're lying.

I brought statements from the actual salaf. I'm not bringing Shamsi or Abu Khadeejah. spubs is not the salaf.

and the salaf even mentioned describing yourself as a Sunni.

"if a man names himself with something else than Islam and the Sunnah..."

Malik ibn Mighwal, I posted the quote. this is from the Salaf. so- calling yourself a Muslim and Sunni- that's from the way of the salaf. saying you're a salafi is one thing and actually following the salaf is another. you say you're a Salafi- all you brought is lying about me, insulting me and bringing a weak argument that is refuted just by reading what I posted. meanwhile I brought multiple statements from the salaf and you didn't bring one word from them.

not only that- you say "It is a necessity". it is a necessity? so this is an obligatory part of the din now? on whose authority? who has the authority to add to the din?? we're supposed to follow the salaf. "Sunni" is in line with the salaf. calling yourself a Salafi is not. and saying that now it's a necesity to call yourself a Salafi- how is this not a bid'ah??

techsamatar

lying about Muslims is a big deal. if I'm posting as a paid agent, may Allah curse me. ameen. now why don't you ask Allah to curse you if I'm not an agent? you won't because you're lying.

I brought statements from the actual salaf. I'm not bringing Shamsi or Abu Khadeejah. spubs is not the salaf.

and the salaf even mentioned describing yourself as a Sunni.

"if a man names himself with something else than Islam and the Sunnah..."

Malik ibn Mighwal, I posted the quote. this is from the Salaf. so- calling yourself a Muslim and Sunni- that's from the way of the salaf. saying you're a salafi is one thing and actually following the salaf is another. you say you're a Salafi- all you brought is lying about me, insulting me and bringing a weak argument that is refuted just by reading what I posted. meanwhile I brought multiple statements from the salaf and you didn't bring one word from them.

not only that- you say "It is a necessity". it is a necessity? so this is an obligatory part of the din now? on whose authority? who has the authority to add to the din?? we're supposed to follow the salaf. "Sunni" is in line with the salaf. calling yourself a Salafi is not. and saying that now it's a necesity to call yourself a Salafi- how is this not a bid'ah??
Shaikh Fawzan on Calling Oneself Salafi

Q. Is one who calls himself a "Salafi" to be considered a partisan (hizbi?)

A. There is not harm [1] in labelling oneself with Salafiyyah when it is in truth. However, if it is merely a claim then it is not permissible to label oneself with Salafiyyah, whilst one is upon a manhaj other than that of the Salaf.

The Ash'aris for example, say "We are Ahl us-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah" and this is not correct. This is because what they are upon is not the manhaj of Ahl us-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah. It is likewise for the Mu'tazilah who call themselves "Muwahhideen" (Monotheists).

Shaikh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah said: "There is no criticism for the one who proclaims the way (madhdhab) of the Salaf, who attaches himself to it and refers to it. Rather, it is obligatory to accept that from him by unanimous agreement (Ittifaaq) because the way (madhdhab) of the Salaf is nothing but the Truth (Haqq)" [Majmoo al-Fataawaa 4:149]

Therefore, ascribing oneself to the Salaf is an ascription which is necessary and required so that a differentiation can be made between the true Salafi and the one who hides behind them. Also so that the affair does not become confusing to those who want to guide themselves by them {the Salaf). So when the heretical groups and astray partisanships that lead astray have increased, then the People of Truth announce and declare their ascription to the Salaf with a view to free themselves from those who oppose them. And Allaah the Most High says to his Prophet and the Believers,

Shaikh Fawzan on Calling Oneself Salafi

Q. Is one who calls himself a "Salafi" to be considered a partisan (hizbi?)

A. There is not harm [1] in labelling oneself with Salafiyyah when it is in truth. However, if it is merely a claim then it is not permissible to label oneself with Salafiyyah, whilst one is upon a manhaj other than that of the Salaf.

The Ash'aris for example, say "We are Ahl us-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah" and this is not correct. This is because what they are upon is not the manhaj of Ahl us-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah. It is likewise for the Mu'tazilah who call themselves "Muwahhideen" (Monotheists).

I'm not disputing whether or not someone who calls himself a Salafi is therefore a hizbi. This thread discusses whether calling yourself is in line with the way of the salaf. Calling yourself a Salafi is not following the way of the salaf. Not calling yourself a Salafi is from following the salaf.

Shaikh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah said: "There is no criticism for the one who proclaims the way (madhdhab) of the Salaf, who attaches himself to it and refers to it. Rather, it is obligatory to accept that from him by unanimous agreement (Ittifaaq) because the way (madhdhab) of the Salaf is nothing but the Truth (Haqq)" [Majmoo al-Fataawaa 4:149]

لا عيب على من أظهر مذهب السلف وانتسب إليه واعتزى إليه، بل يجب قبول ذلك منه بالاتفاق، فإن مذهب السلف لا يكون إلا حقا

I don't like this translation. I don't like how they put madhhab in parenthesis when Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah used the word "madhhab". "لا عيب على من أظهر مذهب السلف"

Anyways- did Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah call himself a Salafi? Did Sheikh Ibn Tamiyyah ascribe himself to a group called Salafis? Firstly, the answer to both is "no". Secondly, even if that wasn't the case- Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah came way later, he isn't from the salaf. And I love Sheikh Fawzan but he's alive today like we are, he's definitely not from the salaf. If you want to follow Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah or Sheikh Fawzan rather than the salaf- why not name yourself after Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah or Sheikh Fawzan? You still haven't brought anything from the salaf. And as far as Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah, Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah didn't call himself a salafi.

Anyways, the Sheikh in the second video I posted actually specifically responded to that Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah quote and so I recommend people watch the second clip I posted.

Therefore, ascribing oneself to the Salaf is an ascription which is necessary and required so that a differentiation can be made between the true Salafi and the one who hides behind them. Also so that the affair does not become confusing to those who want to guide themselves by them {the Salaf). So when the heretical groups and astray partisanships that lead astray have increased, then the People of Truth announce and declare their ascription to the Salaf with a view to free themselves from those who oppose them. And Allaah the Most High says to his Prophet and the Believers,

and this is just from you. I don't mean anything against you but I want to hear from the salaf. where are the words of the salaf? I love the salaf and I want to follow the salaf.

techsamatar

I'm not disputing whether or not someone who calls himself a Salafi is therefore a hizbi. This thread discusses whether calling yourself is in line with the way of the salaf. Calling yourself a Salafi is not following the way of the salaf. Not calling yourself a Salafi is from following the salaf.

لا عيب على من أظهر مذهب السلف وانتسب إليه واعتزى إليه، بل يجب قبول ذلك منه بالاتفاق، فإن مذهب السلف لا يكون إلا حقا

I don't like this translation. I don't like how they put madhhab in parenthesis when Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah used the word "madhhab". "لا عيب على من أظهر مذهب السلف"

Anyways- did Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah call himself a Salafi? Did Sheikh Ibn Tamiyyah ascribe himself to a group called Salafis? Firstly, the answer to both is "no". Secondly, even if that wasn't the case- Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah came way later, he isn't from the salaf. And I love Sheikh Fawzan but he's alive today like we are, he's definitely not from the salaf. If you want to follow Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah or Sheikh Fawzan rather than the salaf- why not name yourself after Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah or Sheikh Fawzan? You still haven't brought anything from the salaf. And as far as Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah, Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah didn't call himself a salafi.

Anyways, the Sheikh in the second video I posted actually specifically responded to that Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah quote and so I recommend people watch the second clip I posted.

and this is just from you. I don't mean anything against you but I want to hear from the salaf. where are the words of the salaf? I love the salaf and I want to follow the salaf.
"who proclaims the way (madhdhab) of the Salaf, who attaches himself to it and refers to it"

Meanings:

proclaim - "announce officially or publicly."

The way - " the word "madhab" (مذهب) in Arabic does indeed mean "way" or "school of thought."

Refer - " mention or allude to."

It seems like anyone with an IQ above 68 would logically conclude that identifying as Salafi, to explicitly indicate adherence to the ways of the Salaf, aligns with the statement

Lastly, individuals from the Salaf did not need to call themselves Salafi as they were inherently part of the Salaf, use braincells please if you have any remaining. However, in this era marked by deviance and sectarianism, one may feel compelled to proclaim their Salafi affiliation to signify adherence to the correct Aqeedah in the face of various ideologies.

"who proclaims the way (madhdhab) of the Salaf, who attaches himself to it and refers to it"

Meanings:

proclaim - "announce officially or publicly."

The way - " the word "madhab" (مذهب) in Arabic does indeed mean "way" or "school of thought."

Refer - " mention or allude to."

It seems like anyone with an IQ above 68 would logically conclude that identifying as Salafi, to explicitly indicate adherence to the ways of the Salaf, aligns with the statement

Lastly, individuals from the Salaf did not need to call themselves Salafi as they were inherently part of the Salaf. However, in this era marked by deviance and sectarianism, one may feel compelled to proclaim their Salafi affiliation to signify adherence to the correct Aqeedah in the face of various ideologies.

Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah didn't call himself a Salafi and he did not ascribe to a group called Salafis. He believed in following the way of the salaf and I believe in the same thing. Thus, I don't call myself a Salafi, in following the way of the salaf. The way of the salaf is to call yourself a Muslim and a Sunni. Calling yourself a Salafi is not following the way of the salaf.

techsamatar

Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah didn't call himself a Salafi and he did not ascribe to a group called Salafis. He believed in following the way of the salaf and I believe in the same thing. Thus, I don't call myself a Salafi, in following the way of the salaf. The way of the salaf is to call yourself a Muslim and a Sunni. Calling yourself a Salafi is not following the way of the salaf.
What a swindler and agent, The fact that you said "call yourself a muslim and a sunni" is all the evidence I need for your trolling; no one on the planet who follows the Salaf path would ever subsequent such and declare that: your npc for sure. Tell me how many deviants call themselves Sunni. Sufis, grave worshippers, khawarijs, and numerous other corrupt aqeedahs, and you believe someone who professes to follow salaf would say calling oneself a sunni is enough.

What a swindler and agent, The fact that you said "call yourself a muslim and a sunni" is all the evidence I need for your trolling; no one on the planet who follows the Salaf path would ever subsequent such and declare that: your npc for sure. Tell me how many deviants call themselves Sunni. Sufis, grave worshippers, khawarijs, and numerous other corrupt aqeedahs, and you believe someone who professes to follow salaf would say calling oneself a sunni is enough.

May Allah guide you to the path of the salaf.