Should we bring back sending young boys into the Baadiyo as rite of passage?

Yaraye

VIP
I wish so too. We wouldn't have so many men gossiping like naago
family guy phone GIF

This could only work if that man gets a Xalimo that can cook 4 course meals from scratch and not complain about it for life. Or just send Xalimo back to the kitchen

You're on to something. They're too busy running Dumar N & N (News and Notifications). It's clear they're soft. Go police some leopards from eating your herd and stop being a qasaaro.
We really do have a problem with unchecked misogyny amongst younger Western Somali males on these social media platforms.

I suspect it's largely affected not just by copious amounts of p0rn viewing but the blind acceptance of TJ ideals masquerading as Islam, particularly amongst Reer Buckingham Palace.

Most of the young Faraaxs I know (in Australia) typically hang out with either other East African Muslims who are similar to us and Lebanese/Turks who are filled with more liberal-leaning ciyaalsuuq, who don't believe in tightening dog leashes on women as much as TJs.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”
VIP
We really do have a problem with unchecked misogyny amongst younger Western Somali males on these social media platforms.

I suspect it's largely affected not just by copious amounts of p0rn viewing but the blind acceptance of TJ cultural ideals masquerading as Islam, particularly amongst Reer Buckingham Palace.

Most of the young Faraaxs I know (in Australia) typically hang out with either other East African Muslims who are similar to us and Lebanese/Turks who are filled with more liberal-leaning ciyaalsuuq, who don't believe in tightening dog leashes on women as much as TJs.

Kisame

Plotting world domination

I suspect it's largely affected not just by copious amounts of p0rn viewing but the blind acceptance of TJ ideals masquerading as Islam, particularly amongst Reer Buckingham Palace.

Online Somali and Muslims spaces online tend to attract the chronically online and less assimilated members of the diaspora.

That's why you got niggas exhibiting pajeet behavior

Kamaal

Sidii roon Raba og
There’s nothing in baadiyo

What do you mean there is nothing in baadiyo! Are you kidding me😳 there is Waraabe and if you win the lottery you might run into Libaax some days🤔 that's if you go to the real baadiyo not the suburbs.

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”
VIP
What do you mean there is nothing in baadiyo! Are you kidding me😳 there is Waraabe and if you win the lottery you might run into Libaax some days🤔 that's if you go to the real baadiyo not the suburbs.
Nah wait I meant there’s nothing in baadiyo it’s just boring like what is there to do 😭😭😭

Kamaal

Sidii roon Raba og
Nah wait I meant there’s nothing in baadiyo it’s just boring like what is there to do 😭😭😭

I heard girls watch goats and sheep. Boys watch geel away from home sometimes days. No TV, no phones, no GPS. You can bring some novels.

There’s nothing in baadiyo
That's the point. The young boys learn to deal with challenges, see male role models in action, start to build many important skills, etc

Of course, you could make a modern version that is slightly less 'extreme' but the point is the same. This Western style being left to rot can't run. Boys need to be outside playing and doing some mischief if they don't there is usually a problem.

There is a million mile difference between someone who had some time in Baadiyo and someone who had none.

Last edited:

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”
VIP
That's the point. The young boys learn to deal with challenges, see male role models in action, start to build many important skills, etc

Of course, you could make a modern version that is slightly less 'extreme' but the point is the same. This Western style being left to rot can't run. Boys need to be outside playing and doing some mischief if they don't there is usually a problem.

There is a million mile difference between someone who had some time in Baadiyo and someone who had none.
Honestly I have no problem with it.If sending Somali boys to baadiyo straightens them up I’m all up for the plan 🙏🏽🙏🏽